Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Not sure if I like how Phonte and Pooh are doing 9th in this documentary. Doesn't seem really fair and nobody is giving his side.

They used this doc to get a lot of stuff of their chest. It's like damn, you're going at him again? Did he do anything right? Did you even like his production?

Not sure if I like how Phonte and Pooh are doing 9th in this documentary. Doesn't seem really fair and nobody is giving his side.

They used this doc to get a lot of stuff of their chest. It's like damn, you're going at him again? Did he do anything right? Did you even like his production?

I don't know if they did anything other than say what happened. I raised an eyebrow to the implication of 9th not wanting to be on tour because he agreed to stay home like Pooh and Te suggested, but beyond that, everything else just seemed like a telling of facts.

Seemed like Pooh got caught playing both sides of the fence, too.

And it ain't like they didn't give 9th a chance to tell his side. He opted not to, which seems like par for the course when it comes to his involvement with the group.

I don't know if they did anything other than say what happened. I raised an eyebrow to the implication of 9th not wanting to be on tour because he agreed to stay home like Pooh and Te suggested, but beyond that, everything else just seemed like a telling of facts.

Seemed like Pooh got caught playing both sides of the fence, too.

And it ain't like they didn't give 9th a chance to tell his side. He opted not to, which seems like par for the course when it comes to his involvement with the group.

Nah, they talk negatively about him literally every 10-15 minutes. It's intermissions for more 9th talk. 9th didn't do this.9th didn't do that. Just when you think they're past the 9th talk, nope, we ain't done, we ain't done. They never even explain what was so bad about him other than him not being all in as a group.

9th even called Pooh after his blood clot. Was he that bad?

I'm not even the biggest 9th fan and always thought he was overrated. Hell, I thought Khyrsis was just as good if not better.

Nah, they talk negatively about him literally every 10-15 minutes. It's intermissions for more 9th talk. 9th didn't do this.9th didn't do that. Just when you think they're past the 9th talk, nope, we ain't done, we ain't done. They never even explain what was so bad about him other than him not being all in as a group.

9th even called Pooh after his blood clot. Was he that bad?

I'm not even the biggest 9th fan and always thought he was overrated. Hell, I thought Khyrsis was just as good if not better.
I guess I just didn't see it as talking negatively about him. It was a telling of facts.

To your point, he called Pooh after the clot. He squashed the beef with Te. It wasn't just negative talk.

I guess I just didn't see it as talking negatively about him. It was a telling of facts.

To your point, he called Pooh after the clot. He squashed the beef with Te. It wasn't just negative talk.

Facts aren't from one side

That's why they say it's your side, my side and the truth.

Facts aren't from one side

That's why they say it's your side, my side and the truth.
They gave 9th a chance to t3ll his side. He didn't think it was necessary. I can't hold that against Pooh and Te. And I don't feel like 9th not being apart of the doc meant they shouldn't speak on him and the issues at all. It's apart of their story.

They gave 9th a chance to t3ll his side. He didn't think it was necessary. I can't hold that against Pooh and Te. And I don't feel like 9th not being apart of the doc meant they shouldn't speak on him and the issues at all. It's apart of their story.

I have no problem with them speaking on him, but it's through out. They have introspection towards each other, but not what part they might have played in 9th's attitude. Upset because he brought his wife? Phonte and Pooh had communication issues with each other, so it was overall. I actually wish it was less 9th talk and a little more on the albums and process.

9th is going to feel away looking at that doc. It's totally one sided and it's a lot. I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's every 10-15 minutes.

We weren't friends, he was just some dude I met in the dorm. Cool. 🤷‍♂️

I raised an eyebrow to the implication of 9th not wanting to be on tour because he agreed to stay home like Pooh and Te suggested, but beyond that, everything else just seemed like a telling of facts.
And I believe that played a huge part of the beginning of the end. This is our first tour as a group and you’re telling me I don’t need to be there (because you secretly don’t want me there)? Pooh/Te created the fissure based on an assumption so I’m not mad at how 9th moved after that on future tours. Then the label and tour promotors added to the friction by pushing 9th as the lead based on his work with Hov and Destiny’s Child.

In the end I truly do not see anybody as the bad guy here. Conflicts of interest ultimately caused the end of LB as we knew it. But that gets somewhat lost in Te/Pooh’s emotionally-charged recount of events. I can see that NC reunion show as 9th’s way of closing that chapter for good.

We weren't friends, he was just some dude I met in the dorm. Cool. 🤷‍♂️
Te even goes in to say that about Pooh as well though.

You right, would have been interesting to hear them try to understand why 9th may have had an issue with the situation. But also would have been easier to do that with 9th's participation.

And the bringing out his wife thing made total sense to me. They was there to work...9th was not on work mode, doesn't seem. It was just a bad situation all the way around and they were all at fault for it. Should have never told 9th to stay home on that 1st tour. Let him take his lumps and see how he turns out after the fact. Don't think you're doing him a favor by telling him to stay home because you think he can't handle it then hold it against him because he actually stayed home.

And I believe that played a huge part of the beginning of the end. This is our first tour as a group and you’re telling me I don’t need to be there (because you secretly don’t want me there)? Pooh/Te created the fissure based on an assumption so I’m not mad at how 9th moved after that on future tours. Then the label and tour promotors added to the friction by pushing 9th as the lead based on his work with Hov and Destiny’s Child.

In the end I truly do not see anybody as the bad guy here. Conflicts of interest ultimately caused the end of LB as we knew it. But that gets somewhat lost in Te/Pooh’s emotionally-charged recount of events. I can see that NC reunion show as 9th’s way of closing that chapter for good.

Plus 9th was trying to do outside production and get a label off.

and dude had a family.

This is why I had a problem with it, because 9th doesn't seem like a bad guy and everything seems lightweight. They just seem different. And whatever chance of reconciling might be over after this.

I don't think they really tried to make 9th seem like a bad guy. It clearly was just a difference in opinion and approach.

I think if they wanted to paint 9th in a bad light, they don't put anything positive outside of his musical contributions in the doc. Pooh, who seems to have the most contentious relationship with 9th mentions how he got a call from 9th but not Te during his health scare. If the goal is to make 9th the bad guy, why mention that?

Te says he was too emotional during his twitter video calling out 9th but says they had a 4 hour convo and squashed the beef after that. Why mention that if 9th's the villain of their story?

I'd buy into 9th closing the chapter on LB after that Durham show if it weren't for the fact that he agreed to restart the group and participated in half assed fashion. Seems like the door wasn't completely closed after the show, but it probably is now.

Maaaaaan….I just knew that **** was weird some weeks ago :lol:

I saw some dusty bishes LINED UP, like 2005… in front of the First Mariner Arena 2 weeks ago (wtf is CFG?) at 4pm for an 8pm show. The lineup included Ari Lennox (so random)

I thought ready rock was back on the block. Legit looked like dope fiends lined up back in the day. And It was a for a rod wave show 💀. Made absolutely no sense to me :lol:

I don't think they really tried to make 9th seem like a bad guy. It clearly was just a difference in opinion and approach.

I think if they wanted to paint 9th in a bad light, they don't put anything positive outside of his musical contributions in the doc. Pooh, who seems to have the most contentious relationship with 9th mentions how he got a call from 9th but not Te during his health scare. If the goal is to make 9th the bad guy, why mention that?

Te says he was too emotional during his twitter video calling out 9th but says they had a 4 hour convo and squashed the beef after that. Why mention that if 9th's the villain of their story?

I'd buy into 9th closing the chapter on LB after that Durham show if it weren't for the fact that he agreed to restart the group and participated in half assed fashion. Seems like the door wasn't completely closed after the show, but it probably is now.
I don’t think the intent was to ever paint 9th as a villain. Te and Pooh were/are frustrated with him and understandably so. You can tell 9th probably wasn’t the easiest personality to work with all those years. It’s been damn near 20 years and them dudes venting like the **** just happened yesterday :lol:. Still doesn’t make 9th a bad guy.

And good point on the post-Durham show album attempt. To me it sounded more like 9th trying to QB the whole thing like the old days while Te and Pooh did multiple projects their own way. This doc was really to show us fans they are still brothers but to stop wasting our time asking for a 9th-produced LB album because of their creative differences at this point.

budden reading off record sales in regards to youngboy is a shame considering he spent his whole career telling people to look at the music and not the sales

I think it's more so that's what weird is we were hearing how popular he was for a minute on streams and YT.

It was some sort of everyone's listening to him, you should be too marketing technique.

He's saying all of it is bad.

I think it's more so that's what weird is we were hearing how popular he was for a minute on streams and YT.

It was some sort of everyone's listening to him, you should be too marketing technique.

He's saying all of it is bad.
I agree it’s bad but to bring up record sales in 2023 is wild especially with youngboy being the YouTube king. And ain’t youngboy trying to get out his bad deal?

I’m old enough to remember when budden said “since when did hip hop turn into republican”

Back
Top Bottom