Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I may be a stan but Drake always did give wannabe Weeknd vibes. No wonder he wanted to sign him cuz he was enamored.

To be clear, Drake is not my king.

Rap so boring Jigga went out and signed a rock bad.
This **** dope tho. Really grinded from performing in subways to getting signed by Jay.
The girls mad pretty too.

sddefault.jpg

The homie who is “in the industry” said Kendrick has like a 3 minute verse going directly at Drake . Submitted it to metro for the future album and guess they were listening yesterday . Future hasn’t heard it yet , can’t imagine he signs off on it … but they haven’t been cool in a minute .

Maybe we will hear it but probably not ….just the stopcappin rumor report 😂😂😂

I mean I see what he’s saying, it’s a little hyperbolic/exaggerated for him to say that….but I also see why we collectively don’t wanna have that convo. Once we acknowledge that this **** is detrimental even on a small level compared to the socioeconomics already at play, what’s next? Let’s be fr….****** honestly just don’t know how to have a rap industry that don’t revolve around the things he’s criticizing and that’s fair. I get both sides.

The homie who is “in the industry” sisd Kendrick has like a 3 minute verse going directly at Drake . Submitted it to metro for the future album and guess they were listening yesterday . Future hasn’t heard it yet , can’t imagine he signs off on it … but they haven’t been cool in a minute .

Maybe we will hear it but probably not ….just the stopcappin rumor report 😂😂😂

This sounds very believable. ****** were saying what is Metro gonna do make a diss beat? And well…yeah :lol:

I mean I see what he’s saying, it’s a little hyperbolic/exaggerated for him to say that….but I also see why we collectively don’t wanna have that convo. Once we acknowledge that this **** is detrimental even on a small level compared to the socioeconomics already at play, what’s next? Let’s be fr….****** honestly just don’t know how to have a rap industry that don’t revolve around the things he’s criticizing and that’s fair. I get both sides.

You still listening to trap or not?

Hell yeah but I'm not a child bro lol.

Fng lil king is Finesse 'artist' right?

If so I guess it makes sense that he would connect with Drake considering the Mob Ties affiliation.

I can't speak on the other lil homie. Everybody in the hood knows a kid or two that jumps off the porch way too early. Not saying it's right but also not going to pretend that this is the first time I've seen it.

Our culture can be so hypocritical at times. People will be more upset about him glorifying the life rather than (most likely) being born into it. If we wanna fix the problem we gotta actually fix the problem not just get outraged because the masses can see our bs in public forums.

Lil man smoking is really no different from those 1st and 2nd graders knowing Sexy Redd songs word for word.

As adults we can't glorify BS then expect the youth not to follow suit.

Fng lil king is Finesse 'artist' right?

If so I guess it makes sense that he would connect with Drake considering the Mob Ties affiliation.

I can't speak on the other lil homie. Everybody in the hood knows a kid or two that jumps off the porch way too early. Not saying it's right but also not going to pretend that this is the first time I've seen it.

Our culture can be so hypocritical at times. People will be more upset about him glorifying the life rather than (most likely) being born into it. If we wanna fix the problem we gotta actually fix the problem not just get outraged because the masses can see our bs in public forums.

Lil man smoking is really no different from those 1st and 2nd graders knowing Sexy Redd songs word for word.

As adults we can't glorify BS then expect the youth not to follow suit.
People aren’t blaming a child for glorifying it they’re upset that adults who know better are allowing it and promoting it. Drake is damn near 40 years old, Finessee is in his 30s, they know better.

IMO, the problem isn’t the youth it’s these older dudes who are so desperate to be cool or remain relevant that they co-sign any bull**** instead of providing guidance. And I’m not just talking about music, that’s just a general comment on culture.

People aren’t blaming a child for glorifying it they’re upset that adults who know better are allowing it and promoting it. Drake is damn near 40 years old, Finessee is in his 30s, they know better.

IMO, the problem isn’t the youth it’s these older dudes who are so desperate to be cool or remain relevant that they co-sign any bull**** instead of providing guidance. And I’m not just talking about music, that’s just a general comment on culture.
I was speaking in general rather than direct. I doubt the lil RT dude is pushing it like that after all he isn't making Wiz or Currensy type music that is all about smoking etc.

I would've thought finesse to be older than drake for some reason but dude certainly just loved a harder life than 'The Boy's. It shows too!

I get your point about the elder statesmen cosigning it even though I'm not entirely sure that is Drakes intent. He really just took a pic with a kid which is par the course as a celeb.

I agree with the lack of guidance though.

This taking me back to Lil Mouse I remember when he hit the scene and even Baby CEO. No way I can condone any of this foolish but hey not my kid I guess.

Yeah. I don’t just take on all of dudes opinions just because I see validity in some of what he saying :lol:

Whats the validity? That hip hop can be a bad influence on kids? We known that for 30 years. At this point dude is just using a easy talking point to make a name.

I do think the over the top acts

This Cudi album is absolutely fire, I couldn't take any more of his intergalactic cookie cutter beats

DJ drama added edge his flow needed bad, his best effort in 10+years

Back
Top Bottom