Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

in conclusion, for perspective…

mase was 19/20 when harlem world dropped. The skill was there, the subject matter, ehhhhh. BUT for what he did rap about, there was direction. Dude was a writer fr.

Also, just so i dont come off as nas hater, i honestly think @ the time of his departure, he was on jay level as well. Again, SKILLWISE. He was rhyming WITH them dudes. Bar for bar, he was definitely seeing them, but he was so much younger than them, he aint have **** to say fr.

Taking all this into account and kinda projecting forward, his age and skillset, he was only gonna to get better bruh. By the time 2000,01,02,03 came around, all the jiggy era, shiny suit **** was over, *****’s was gonna hafta deal with dude and it wouldn’t have been no cakewalk.

That includes, jay, nas, x, ja and all the other ny heavyweights of that time. He was one of them ones fr, and we overlook his talent bc of the how he sold records.

AND he came back on the get rich soundtrack after bein out the game for damn near 10 years, right in stride with fif, banks and them.

Retrospectively, a major what coulda been story in hiphop no one mentions.

Still laughing at that Joyner Lucas line at the end of the Benzino song :rofl::rofl:

Bizarro Dave East must be tight

mase was 19/20 when harlem world dropped. The skill was there, the subject matter, ehhhhh. BUT for what he did rap about, there was direction. Dude was a writer fr.

Also, just so i dont come off as nas hater, i honestly think @ the time of his departure, he was on jay level as well. Again, SKILLWISE. He was rhyming WITH them dudes. Bar for bar, he was definitely seeing them, but he was so much younger than them, he aint have **** to say fr.

Taking all this into account and kinda projecting forward, his age and skillset, he was only gonna to get better bruh. By the time 2000,01,02,03 came around, all the jiggy era, shiny suit **** was over, *****’s was gonna hafta deal with dude and it wouldn’t have been no cakewalk.

That includes, jay, nas, x, ja and all the other ny heavyweights of that time. He was one of them ones fr, and we overlook his talent bc of the how he sold records.

AND he came back on the get rich soundtrack after bein out the game for damn near 10 years, right in stride with fif, banks and them.

He was 22 when his album dropped

ehh mase was a good rapper but he wasn’t like that. As good as Harlem world was, features carried a lot of that album. And almost all of those features out rapped him too.

ehh mase was a good rapper but he wasn’t like that. As good as Harlem world was, features carried a lot of that album. And almost all of those features out rapped him too.

He wasn’t trying to rap on that album. It was dumbed down. Basic fly **** to appeal to men and women. That’s why that album is not a classic.

Im never listening to a Benzino song

How old are you? Benzino had a few songs on the radio and TV from his first two albums. First album had a couple joints but it was songs with dope features typically.

So you're just going to ignore Double Up being a dud?

Ya'll are really overrating Harlem World too.

Mase got better wordplay than most of his peers but never put together that classic 💿 or enough material for much consideration.

Jay z. Ball and MJG. Black Rob

None of those verses on cheat on you was notable. Ball and G did not out rap him. You just don't like Mase like that.

Other than X no verse was better than this

Ain't enough cops or cuffs to chain me
Days to arraign me, KKK's to hang me, insane me
Ya need ice picks to bang me
Need more than a straight jacket to restrain me

Or more guns with my prints for you to frame me and mame me

Got ****** player hatin' don't even know who you are
And go as far as leavin' bullet holes in yo' car
When you're from Harlem World ****** never see yo' views
They wait for you to flop or be on BET News
All they see the G's and jewels, V's that ya cruise
Being the underdogs, they can't wait to see us lose
Don't hate me, thank me

Far as double up, the album is terrible, but he was goin in on those verses. That’s actually the strongest aspect of that album, which lends itself to my whole point. Dude was a problem.

And again, takin into account the direction that hiphop took after the jiggy era, im guessing his music woulda came around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom