Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Killer Mike’s Grammy wins triggering political conspiracy theories - is basically discrediting all his work and contribution to southern rap legacy.

Decades of solo hustle, underground acclaim, failed groups and yet folks labeling it a silly political agenda because he decided to market to a wider spread audience that the album resonate to.
Must’ve been a different ‘Michael’ album cause the music you’re actually talking about are the Run These Jewels albums. That album is basically “old” Killer Mike with updated production.

Killer Mikes album came and went for me, it was good enough that I had to add it to my vinyl collection, however, I don’t feel like it was better than KD3.

Scientists and Engineers tho

I’m not mad at the win tho.

She never won album of the year b/c her albums haven't been good enough. Both things can be true. She can have all those grammys for different categories but it doesn't automatically equate to "The Best Album". False equivalencies to make an arbitrary point... Listen, I'm a r&b head through and through so again 'Dangerously in Love' is her only album that ever had the argument for album of the year imo. Her albums since 2010 have ranged from mid to above average at best.

and Taylor Swift's albums have been?

My girl LOVES Taylor Swift…

We’ve got a giant combined Spotify playlist going on that spans many genres, we each add songs and when we are in the car we let it play on shuffle. I told her idc if she adds her T Swift songs, a few have come up. I guess I’m not the demographic to be amazed by them 🤣 not my cup of tea you could say.

And even SHE said SZA had the better album.

My girl LOVES Taylor Swift…

We’ve got a giant combined Spotify playlist going on that spans many genres, we each add songs and when we are in the car we let it play on shuffle. I told her idc if she adds her T Swift songs, a few have come up. I guess I’m not the demographic to be amazed by them 🤣 not my cup of tea you could say.

And even SHE said SZA had the better album.

SZA easily should've won.

I don't even get upset about the Grammys because it's a white America award show. Always has been, always will be. Things like that happen last night then RustyShackleford RustyShackleford wonders why my boots get so tight when I get force fed Taylor Swift propaganda.

I hate everything shorty stands for. Go 9ers, Kanye really isn't as crazy as people claim he just be early.

Last edited:
All yall mad, cant do nothing about it. Instead of getting her husband to complain, why doesnt Beyonce just outsell Taylor?

Oh, she cant, its the fans fault then, blame yourselves.

All yall mad, cant do nothing about it. Instead of getting her husband to complain, why doesnt Beyonce just outsell Taylor?

friday-deebo.gif

SZA sings like she has marbles in her mouth :lol: Production is dope tho.

Honestly hadn’t listened to much of Mike’s album, but it’s good. Not sure why some people are mad about that. At least someone who can actually rap won

Drunk in Love.

Jay should try Sober Love, like Taylor and Travis, Winning Superbowls and Grammy's.
Taylor forever, Drake x Taylor, run hip-hop.

Dang that GIF just won Beyonce the Grammy and Jay-Z is the GOAT again

I stand corrected
giphy (42).gif

It should have been, "You, Corny...dog."
But instead you calling me an AM-PM food.
Now that is CORNY.
And you upset I'm right about everything I said about Taylor, which brings me maximum joy.
Premium joy comes form Taylor winning her 4th Album of the Year, how many has Beeyonce won? How old is she? 60, she gots a way to go, to catch up to Taylor Gawd.

Back
Top Bottom