Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't listen to Taylor Swift... Can't name one song from her TBH.

So how can we say Beyonce shouldn't have a AOTY? One year Adele win and went on stage and said Beyonce shoulda won. Can't get more blatant than that.

That's what Jay talking about as far as getting right. Forget fans, the artists themselves are bowing down to her.

The Source awards posting this for social media engagement instead of working on bringing back the source awards in the midst of all this “Grammys don’t matter” talk

Gotta love “the culture”

So how can we say Beyonce shouldn't have a AOTY? One year Adele win and went on stage and said Beyonce shoulda won. Can't get more blatant than that.

That's what Jay talking about as far as getting right. Forget fans, the artists themselves are bowing down to her.

I was speaking from the perspective of an rnb head who checks out her albums. None of her albums the last decade have been particularly good. But if y'all feel otherwise then that's cool too.

Snoop and Brian McKnight got like 16 Grammy noms and zero wins. it's just a bad look. I thought black people were over crying about acceptance at these people's award shows. They don't sho up to award shows catered to us but whining about this. Idk man the optics of this is terrible.

Kanye Pharrell Hov Diddy Dre Drake especially look crazy to me making any comments about the Grammys like they can’t start their own ****.

****** made the Roc Nation brunch into a thing revolved around the Grammys but didn’t create their own thing to replace the Grammys

The Source awards posting this for social media engagement instead of working on bringing back the source awards in the midst of all this “Grammys don’t matter” talk

Gotta love “the culture”
The Source is broke man :lol:. Magazines are largely dead. Sports Illustrated of all magazines is finito. Nothing they can do to work on bringing it back without the funds

Kanye Pharrell Hov Diddy Dre Drake especially look crazy to me making any comments about the Grammys like they can’t start their own ****.

****** made the Roc Nation brunch into a thing revolved around the Grammys but didn’t create their own thing to replace the Grammys
This is where I stand with it. They got more than enough resources and "clout" to start their own thing. We stay seeking validation man that **** is so played and tired

The Source is broke man :lol:. Magazines are largely dead. Sports Illustrated of all magazines is finito. Nothing they can do to work on bringing it back without the funds

I would imagine it can’t be much (relative to a company like The Source) to rent out a decent sized event center and some cameras but fair, that’s believeable, they are a long way from their heyday

I would imagine it can’t be much (relative to a company like The Source) to rent out a decent sized event center and some cameras but fair, that’s believeable, they are a long way from their heyday
There’s way more that goes into that than putting on a high level awards show :lol:. We’re not talking about a high school sports banquet here

There’s way more that goes into that than putting on a high level awards show :lol:. We’re not talking about a high school sports banquet here

Obviously sets, stage design, sound mixing and design etc. didn’t think that had to be said as we’ve all seen a hip hop award show before

I assumed they still had some type of online content production thing going like most of those entities and at least were at the level of an XXL or Complex (still producing decent quality online content) to where that shouldn’t break the bank for them just like Complex does ComplexCon

And face lawsuits with all these lil _'s beef'n. Nope.

White mans ice is colder. Mfers don’t show up to the **** they make/made for us but will go there cry and complain every time.

I think it's more about being rewarded and honored for your hardwork.

I'm sure there's been something you've wanted to accomplish as a goal.

Gotta love “the culture”

This would be like having the Soul Train awards.

The Source is what? Is it even a website?

The price of insuring and hiring security for all these rap degenerates wouldn't even be worth it.

As a person that gave her a fair listen to a bunch of her tracks years ago, she’s ***. I’ve never seen a woman with such low quality vocals be hyped so much. She sounds like how people feel Summer Walker and Jhene Aiko sound.

:lol:

I be thinking maybe I just don't get her type of music cuz the only white woman who music I'm playing is Teena Marie and her music is real black so that might not even count. I know Celine Dion is a GREAT singer, I used to be in love with Christina Aguilera. I still don't know what genre Taylor Swift is, it sounds like sappy, country pop.

I don't get it. I would say JoJo is more talented than Taylor Swift (look better too 🔥). She another one who's music is more R&Bish, probably why she never reached THAT height.

:lol:

I be thinking maybe I just don't get her type of music cuz the only white woman who music I'm playing is Teena Marie and her music is real black so that might not even count. I know Celine Dion is a GREAT singer, I used to be in love with Christina Aguilera. I still don't know what genre Taylor Swift is, it sounds like sappy, country pop.

I don't get it. I would say JoJo is more talented than Taylor Swift (look better too 🔥). She another one who's music is more R&Bish, probably why she never reached THAT height.

LOL, JoJo?!

JOJO?!

You not serious.

I quit.

Back
Top Bottom