Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Look how they speakin about hip hop though.. this is some deep words and deep analysis lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/11/opinion/kendrick-lamar-drake-battle-winner.html
They?

Ralph's work focuses on the way police abuse, mass incarceration and the drug trade have historically normalized disease, disability and the premature death of black urbanites as they are often perceived as being expendable. The research he does lies at the junction of critical medical and political anthropology, African-American studies and the emerging scholarship on disability and he combined the literature on these to show for black urban residents, violence and injury plays a central role in their day-to-day lives. He has explored these themes in Disability Studies Quarterly, Transition, Anthropological Theory, and Identities: Global Studies in Culture and Power.

Easy there bro.

“ they” wasn’t meant to be Disrespect to the writer, it’s to the publication.

The writer is amazing though and that’s why I posted the article. Ty for putting me on their body of work

Easy there bro.

“ they” wasn’t meant to be Disrespect to the writer, it’s to the publication.

The writer is amazing though and that’s why I posted the article. Ty for putting me on their body of work
Na I'm going to be honest, I wasn't familiar either. I assumed it was some cornball professor, looked him up, and was like ooooooh. I will now read some more of his work.

IMG_1376.gif

It didnt swing the battle for me but I do believe Kdots allegations against Drake. Theres been a lot of whispers and smoke., Im thinking its all likely. And I did a deep dive on the daughter thing, and even tho women tryna pin kids on celebs in common, dude def had has fair share of women speaking up and then shuttting up. NDAs and money go a long way. (Even his denial,of, find her, sound crazy). Thats just me tho.

Wild take:

What if J.cole was in on this? He was touring with Drake for a while and his bars in first person shooter is what seemed to get this in motion. He made the softest most inoffensive diss track and had a change of heart in like a day. Him backing out put more pressure on Drake to respond. I know he took a hit backing out of the beef, but most people have forgiven him after what happened.

It doesn’t fit his character, but he was the perfect person to help set this up.

IMG_2070.gif

Back
Top Bottom