Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

giphy.gif

genius_lyric_card_20240530_183407.jpg

:nerd:

My initial overreaction...

If drake did not write "is that a world tour or your girl's tour" his rap career is officially dead

Didn’t Kendrick say something about Back to Back being a Lyt pack?

I wondered when he said back to back I like that record, I’m a get back to that for the record was him saying he gonna tell us he didn’t write that song or he was referring to him dropping 6:16

Allegedly Daylyt wrote back to back

Daylyt is an interesting dude man :lol:. People thought he was lying about really being good friends with Nipsey since childhood, and it turned out to be true. They thought he was lying about being nice in basketball, and it turns out he’s nice as **** :lol:. They thought he was trolling about hooping with R Kelly, and it turns out to be true :lol:. I feel like he’s who Tyler the creator persona, wants to be. Talented, comedic troll, who’s a real artist that’s deeply embedded in the LA culture, but does his town thing.

So I wouldn’t be surprised at all, if he wrote back to back. Drake was poaching battle rappers back then too.

Last edited:
Looking back Encore had its share of misses but has a few tracks I still rock with.

Like Toy Soldiers
Mosh
Spend Some Time
Mockingbird
Encore/Curtains Down
We as Americans

Daylyt is an interesting dude man :lol:. People thought he was lying about really being good friends with Nipsey since childhood, and it turned out to be true. They thought he was lying about being nice in basketball, and it turns out he’s nice as **** :lol:. They thought he was trolling about hooping with R Kelly, and it turns out to be true :lol:. I feel like he’s who Tyler the creator persona, wants to be. Talented, comedic troll, who’s a real artist that’s deeply embedded in the LA culture, but does his town thing.

So I wouldn’t be surprised at all, if he wrote back to back. Drake was poaching battle rappers back then too.

If this man used someone’s lyrics for a ****in diss track while a huge part of the beef was him not writing his rhymes. He has no integrity, morale or respect for hip hop. Legendary vulture.

Looking back Encore had its share of misses but has a few tracks I still rock with.

Like Toy Soldiers
Mosh
Spend Some Time
Mockingbird
Encore/Curtains Down
We as Americans

Encore got a lot of heat. Get rid of five songs and add the bonus three songs and you got a damn good album.

Back
Top Bottom