Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Do we agree with this?

Ive heard someone echo this sentiment before and i was like, ehhhh foh. But is there some actual legitimacy to this?

I think its gotten to the point where jay has created too much distance between himself and the people…

What was this?
Unreleased track, Kendrick Lamar - Prayer.

No idea how this aint a release. One of his best songs. Found it over the weekend, but seems like its been out for a bit. Glad I downloaded it cus they made that **** disappear everywhere.

Last edited:
Do we agree with this?

Ive heard someone echo this sentiment before and i was like, ehhhh foh. But is there some actual legitimacy to this?

I think its gotten to the point where jay has created too much distance between himself and the people…

Nothing about Jay says he don't love hip hop. It woulda been dope if he a roc nation show for the 50th last year but he didn't. The funny thing is Cam always seemed like he don't love hip hop. His own fans used to say he only raps because it's easy for him. The versus battle showed he don't love it. I doubt Jay would ever let himself get embarrassed like that at MSG.

i actually feel the same way.

I feel like theres been overwhelming evidence of jays love for hiphop but @ the same time, i can definitely see a legit argument being made for the opposite.

All in all, its more than likely a balancing act.

Back
Top Bottom