Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Drake c
Haha I agree. Drake and 40 ushered in an entire genre that's birthed guys like Tiller, Lanez, Party, Weeknd, hell Future being able to succeed with the raps and melodies is a direct reflection of Drake I think, Ty$, it's a ton.

Not sure I wanna see that corny era of R&B back though :lol: I like where R&B is at now. Plus the samples from that era end up sounding gorgeous so that's a plus lol

Drake copied the ENTIRE population of Houston, Texas...

Explain how The Weeknd created the toronto sound by himself :lol:

When
A) he doesn't rap
B) when people think of toronto sound it's like a slow rap/RNB fusion with the htown influence

Weeknd prolly had some influence but to say he did it himself is nonsense

Drake c

Drake copied the ENTIRE population of Houston, Texas...

This has more credibility than the Weeknd making "That Sound"

From like 09' to 11' before Weeknd was even in the picture Drake was making records like Houstatlantavegas, Brand New, and Sooner than Later.

The Weeknd is who actually made that Toronto sound but that's a whole other story....

Yeahhhh...No...not close :lol:

Before XO was even a thing Drake and 40 were making Brand New, Sooner than Later, A Night Off, Houstatlantavegas, Shut It Down, etc.

Hell nah lol

FACTS FACTS

Bryson tiller is literally drake son. Torey lanez, etc

Also
Sorry for the wait (first one) was still fire.

I would say like 2011-2012 is the last good year for Wayne.

No ceilings is a classic.

Like I said you can't be a fan of the new rappers
MIGOS UZI SAVAGE YACHTY ETC and say ANY weezy album is trash. 21 savage literally rhymes bad guy with sad guy. Dr Seuss *** rhymes but dudes on here will say it's fire though :lol:

Wavez....you are LOST man :lol:

Migos and 21 Savage are much more influenced by Gucci than Wayne. Uzi...sure, has some Wayne elements....but he got his own lane and production.

It's ok to say you enjoy 21 Savage or Uzi...and think most of what Wayne put out Post 2008 is trash. You're the same ***** that won the even listen to "old Wayne"....so your point of reference is kinda limited. That's like me saying I'm a Jay Z fan and telling you Kingdom Come was his best album.....and You can't be a fan of Jeezy b/c blah blah blah :lol:.

There is a SHARP decline in Wayne post Carter 2.....and an even Sharper decline Post Carter 3 in quality of music. Me and the homies took a road trip earlier this year....and bumped Carter 1-Carter 4. By the time we were half way through 3....it was clearly noticible how much dude fell offf. And 4 is almost unlistenable save for a few tracks.

Wayne no doubt is influential in many senses. There's no Thug without Wayne. There's no Uzi without Thug. There's not a lot of these new ****** without the influence of Wayne. Nobody will argue that.

Dude just lost it over 10 years ago....and y'all just started seeing it over the last 4 years.

You can listen to Big Moe and find direct influences in Drake's music. Drake openly saying that right here

But that sound was already happening before the weeknd was even a thing

Wavez....you are LOST man :lol:

Migos and 21 Savage are much more influenced by Gucci than Wayne. Uzi...sure, has some Wayne elements....but he got his own lane and production.

It's ok to say you enjoy 21 Savage or Uzi...and think most of what Wayne put out Post 2008 is trash. You're the same ***** that won the even listen to "old Wayne"....so your point of reference is kinda limited. That's like me saying I'm a Jay Z fan and telling you Kingdom Come was his best album.....and You can't be a fan of Jeezy b/c blah blah blah :lol:.

There is a SHARP decline in Wayne post Carter 2.....and an even Sharper decline Post Carter 3 in quality of music. Me and the homies took a road trip earlier this year....and bumped Carter 1-Carter 4. By the time we were half way through 3....it was clearly noticible how much dude fell offf. And 4 is almost unlistenable save for a few tracks.

Wayne no doubt is influential in many senses. There's no Thug without Wayne. There's no Uzi without Thug. There's not a lot of these new ****** without the influence of Wayne. Nobody will argue that.

Dude just lost it over 10 years ago....and y'all just started seeing it over the last 4 years.

You misread what I said. I didn't say savage and migos were spawns of Wayne. I'm saying they make the worse or the same quality music so you cant say Wayne is trash and then be like yeah 21 go hard though

You can listen to Big Moe and find direct influences in Drake's music. Drake openly saying that right here

But that sound was already happening before the weeknd was even a thing

He said if your having a bad set you can play big moe and the city would love it cause they support their own. And that influenced him to go back to toronto to and appreciate his sound. Big moe sounds like a gospel singer but thats because most of the houston rappers also sing learned in church.

the only thing I really hated about C3 was that Mrs.Officer record. That song was soo overrated IMO, from the hook to Kidd Kidds verse, couple that with the DMV area radio playing that song like 15 times an hour

Also wavy you can try to give that trash ***** young thug credit if you want but I'll pass on that. Dude is textbook definition of a biter, the kind that y'all so called hate.

Uzi = Wayne around 08 using autotune. Same ****. Only difference is the beats

Personally i think fans just got tired of wayne, If Wayne was a new artist & put out the EXACT same music he's putting out now he would be the Kids favorite rapper.

100% agree. Artist fatigue is a very real thing.

Personally i think fans just got tired of wayne, & cats who are a bit older know what he use to do so we hold him to a higher standard. If Wayne was a new artist & put out the EXACT same music he's putting out now he would be the Kids favorite rapper.

I mean kids like Uzi and Yachty and X dude.

Back
Top Bottom