Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't have any Wayne music on my phone or computer except for Hot Boys and a few songs from Block Is Hot and Lights Out.

Carter 3 was super trash. Carter 4 was trash but I liked more songs off 4 than 3. 3 felt real commercial, 4 sounded harder but you won't catch me listening to either of them.

How can you not like Carter 1 & Carter 2 though?

Like, even Wayne's harshest critics will admit there are some joints on there

I heard a few cool joints on 1 and 2 but nothing I want to hear again. Every dope bars, he followed with terrible bars. Just never been a big fan.

Me and My Drank >>>

"Cause baby, right now
It feel like the whole world is against me
Ever since the death of Pimp C"

lil Wayne the most influential rapper of all time

Dude literally has a million spawns and they don't even know where they getting it from. Lil uzi is a segment of Wayne.

Also. It's funny people say carter 3 is trash but then say 21 savage and uzi etc music hot lmao. Wayne was ahead of time.

lil Wayne the most influential rapper of all time

Dude literally has a million spawns and they don't even know where they getting it from. Lil uzi is a segment of Wayne.

Also. It's funny people say carter 3 is trash but then say 21 savage and uzi etc music hot lmao. Wayne was ahead of time.

C3 is trash though bro :lol: at least to me it is.

But everything else I agree with. He really doesn't get the credit he deserves to me, as far as being one of the pioneers for this melodic driven rap that's so popular today. Uzi, Travis Scott, 21 savage, basically everyone popping today can be traced back to 07 to 09 wayne. And that's not even talking about Dedication 1 & 2 which are classics to me or the squad up stuff.

Pac and Wayne top 2 most influential of all time

thats actually a good topic for the show.

TOP 5-10 most influential (i.e. most copied) rappers?

Pac (i always kinda felt like P and Ja Rule really took a lot of Pac's sauce, ESPECIALLY Ja Rule w the bandanas and the voice and DMX heavily benefitted from Pac being gone, then 50 kinda)

Wayne
Kanye

Top 3.

Drake, Hov and Dipset should b high too. I swear Dipset birthed an entire style and aesthetic of rap at least from my perspective as a young southerner. i feel like all mid 00's east coast rap kinda ran with their dab someone correct me if im wrong.

Pac
Wayne
Kanye

Top 3.

Drake, Hov and Dipset should b high too. I swear Dipset birthed an entire style and aesthetic of rap at least from my perspective as a young southerner. i feel like all mid 00's east coast rap kinda ran with their dab someone correct me if im wrong.

FACTS FACTS

Bryson tiller is literally drake son. Torey lanez, etc

Also
Sorry for the wait (first one) was still fire.

I would say like 2011-2012 is the last good year for Wayne.

No ceilings is a classic.

Like I said you can't be a fan of the new rappers
MIGOS UZI SAVAGE YACHTY ETC and say ANY weezy album is trash. 21 savage literally rhymes bad guy with sad guy. Dr Seuss *** rhymes but dudes on here will say it's fire though :lol:

Come equipped for them sizzlers for the blizzard,
Here's a sick sickle for you and ya lil ******
Elz, Imma get em, they *****es they just *****es,
Just bought a new Glock 40 shots hair trigga,
Shots through the driver side,
that mean the driver died,
car crash, kill the passenger, double homicide,
we in all black like amistad,
they call my coupe old school cause we walk around w/ 99's,
millimeters,
red dot find a stop head shot body drop,
two fingers, i'm out
gunslinger hollygrove fireman kind of hot,
tie ya *** up and leave ya body in the loading dock,
New Orleans Rollin Rock, Syrup in the soda pop,
I could get rich all I need is a stove and I stand over that ***** till them thangs get swole
And I'll work that corner in the heat of the cold IM GOOD

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: one of my favorite wayne verses ever

Pac (i always kinda felt like P and Ja Rule really took a lot of Pac's sauce, ESPECIALLY Ja Rule w the bandanas and the voice and DMX heavily benefitted from Pac being gone, then 50 kinda)

Wayne
Kanye

Top 3.

Wayne Ye and Drake to me are like, top tier influencers. For me like when I listen to rap music today, it sounds like what they were doing years ago. I naturally gravitate towards melody though so I could be a bit bias but they're straight up pioneers and genre pushers.

FACTS FACTS

Bryson tiller is literally drake son. Torey lanez, etc

Also
Sorry for the wait (first one) was still fire.

I would say like 2011-2012 is the last good year for Wayne.

No ceilings is a classic.

Like I said you can't be a fan of the new rappers
MIGOS UZI SAVAGE YACHTY ETC and say ANY weezy album is trash. 21 savage literally rhymes bad guy with sad guy. Dr Seuss *** rhymes but dudes on here will say it's fire though :lol:

i see what u saying and kinda agree about new wayne verses being "trash" but thug/uzi/21 have to do bare minimum to have a hard verse but to be fair tho its different standards.

its like steph or lebron all of a sudden start being buns and trying to compare him to some benchwarmer or role player when thats not the standard they are held to. someone who knows sports better can phrase that better

Wayne would definitely flourish doing that same style of semi lyrical trap rap ski mask and A$AP rocky (he slick be getting bars off in trap pockets) but he's just letting the 2010's pass him by

he hasnt really changed his flow since 2010 until magnolia lol

Wayne Ye and Drake to me are like, top tier influencers. For me like when I listen to rap music today, it sounds like what they were doing years ago. I naturally gravitate towards melody though so I could be a bit bias but they're straight up pioneers and genre pushers.

After the Meek and dancehall stuff, Drake has the culture vulture rep but he, T-Minus and 40 really created that whole Toronto sound that has pretty much eclipsed normal R&B.

like they really killed a whole aesthetic and style of music im ready for the corny 00's r&b to come back.

Even though ya'll few slurp Wayne hard he has had a big influence in todays music. Some good, some bad. He ain't as influential as Pac, Kanye or Jay though. Probably give Gucci a edge over him too.

Favorite Wayne Songs off the top of my head:
Get at these ****** W/ Juelz
Rewind W/ Juelz
Hot **** w/ Juelz
On Fire From the Rebirth album
Demolition Freestyle 1&2
Ima Go Getta
Told Y'all
Me and My Drank
Sportscenter
Workin' Em
Cannon
Weezy Ambitions
They Still Like Me
Money On My Mind
Something You Forgot
1000 Degreez
Sky Is The Limit

Last edited:
EVERYTHING ppl hate about rap came from Wayne. i can tell u first hand from a decade ago that hood ****** @ school just started coming in orange red purple blue skinnys out of nowhere :lol: started doing weird **** to their peasy *** dreads

and then ofc look at the artists we have now. Thug, Uzi, Kodak are all just different eras of Wayne.

for better or worse depending on ur tastes, thats influence.

After the Meek and dancehall stuff, Drake has the culture vulture rep but he, T-Minus and 40 really created that whole Toronto sound that has pretty much eclipsed normal R&B.

like they really killed a whole aesthetic and style of music im ready for the corny 00's r&b to come back.

Haha I agree. Drake and 40 ushered in an entire genre that's birthed guys like Tiller, Lanez, Party, Weeknd, hell Future being able to succeed with the raps and melodies is a direct reflection of Drake I think, Ty$, it's a ton.

Not sure I wanna see that corny era of R&B back though :lol: I like where R&B is at now. Plus the samples from that era end up sounding gorgeous so that's a plus lol

Haha I agree. Drake and 40 ushered in an entire genre that's birthed guys like Tiller, Lanez, Party, Weeknd, hell Future being able to succeed with the raps and melodies is a direct reflection of Drake I think, Ty$, it's a ton.

Not sure I wanna see that corny era of R&B back though :lol: I like where R&B is at now. Plus the samples from that era end up sounding gorgeous so that's a plus lol

The Weeknd is who actually made that Toronto sound but that's a whole other story....

I'd actually say Bryson is more Jeremih than Drake. Much more Jeremih

SMH bruh cmon. The singing/rapping with the slowed down beats. And then you got this dude who is from Louisville rapping bout Houston talking about the H and being throwed :lol: cmon bro even he will tell you where he came from. Before he was famous famous he had drake posts on his IG calling him the greatest.

Even though ya'll few slurp Wayne hard he has had a big influence in todays music. Some good, some bad. He ain't as influential as Pac, Kanye or Jay though. Probably give Gucci a edge over him too.

:lol: :lol: LMAO please stop

The Weeknd is who actually made that Toronto sound but that's a whole other story....

Not this foolishness again. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom