Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Episode was solid. Crazy to hear the deal Cash Money has. Knowing the specifics, he definitely should've cut Weezy a check. If not the $50 million, at least half.
Smh doing weezy dirty

Weezy was a minor when Cash Money signed that deal. He was like 14 or 15 years old. No way Baby was gone break that boy off any bread

Weezy was a minor when Cash Money signed that deal. He was like 14 or 15 years old. No way Baby was gone break that boy off any bread

Of course then he wasn't. But now is a different story. I believe Birdman looks at him like a son. Even though he said the same with BG. If the partnership between CM and Universal is that lucrative, that's nothing to give someone who you deem as your son.

Im happy Joe wasnt there on Friday. I like Joe. But he always cuts people off when there about to talk about something important or major. They basically let irv give away free game when hustling/dealing inside of the music industry. He gave away a free tip/skill to up and coming producers with the DJ Mustard story. Thats something your not suppose to just tell the public for free. Those are like consultant tips. Hell Mustard didnt even know that he could hustle his beats in that way. That let me know how smart Gotti is. He just sits back and finds loop holes in the game to make more money. He said if he wouldve managed Nikki early on in her career. That she would be making more money than she is or did at the height of her career. That Cash Money/Universal breakdown irv did is craaaaaaaaazy.

With Joe was there. I dont know if we get all of those intricate details. Because he likes to scream and shout while cutting people off when debating. With irv spitting that industry game for free. Im happy Joe wasnt there. We wouldn't have gotten them free jewls. With that being said. What are yall talking about Baby wouldn't give Wayne the money thats owed to him because hes like a son. Ah news flash. Do any of yall remember when Wayne's contract was up with Cash Money a few years ago. He was a free agent for a few months. Even Jay-Z was trying to sign him. This is when his buzz is through the roof. He then makes up the Young Money label with Birdman as CO CEO. I forgot how the specifics looked with the Young Money/Cash Money deal when Wayne resigned with Birdman and Slim.

Im not sure of the specific numbers. But Wayne is owed around between 80 to 90 million mark since hes a part owner of Young Money. Thats what hes owed on contract. Like irv said hes not out here asking for free money. Its basically the money owed to him for bringing Drake/Nikki to Young Money/Cash Money. This is why Wayne took Birdman/Slim to court to get his money. The judge/courts over the case that are going through the contracts want to see documents of Birdmans/Slims financial records. Bottom line is that Wayne shouldve never resigned with them after all of the bad business they did with Juve,Manni,B.G.,Turk years ago. If you listen to what irv said about how Universal pays Birdman and Slim. Theres no way on earth you resign if your Wayne when your the biggest rapper in the game.

And right before you find Drake and Nikki. Universal basically pays Baby and Slim only. Because they have distribution contract with Cash Money. Like irv said. Baby and Slim are the only people responsible for paying Wayne,Drake,Nikki, and any artist in bed with Cash Money. This is how theyve gotten away with jerking so many artists through the years. How irv broke down the Universal/Cash Money deal. You can now understand how they get away with not paying there artist and producers whats owed through contract. Universal gives Cash Money are large sum of money. Checks could be anywhere from 50 to 120 million. Im just guessing like irv. Except irv knows. They spoon feed there artist to stay satisfied. But there not paying whats owed through on the contracts the artist and producers sign up for.

I wonder why Baby and Slim are so sheisty though. Every artist theyve signed had to take them to court to get paid whats owed to them based on there contract.

Im not gonna front. After listening to irv break down them numbers better Universal/Cash Money. I didn't know they where eating like that. I guess Ross was right when he said (how you touch half a Billion and ya team starving). Those where facts. Samething when he said (F^#$ a skateboard i went an bought a Wraith boy). Like irv said Baby and Slim are still getting numbers right now like how Master P was getting it in the 90,s. So basically Cash Money kept there distribution deal with Universal for all of these years. Does anybody know how many more albums Drake and Nikki are still signed up for with Cash Money. I see Drake and Prince Jr are taking Baby to court as well. There owed alot of money. Birdman and Slim arent coming off of it though.

I’m pretty sure it’s just J prince suing because he got cut out of money he was entitled to for finding drake.

Also rick Ross is a clown, dude was using this whole baby Wayne thing to promote his flop album. Notice he ain’t speaking about it no more only during his press run :lol:

Other than that though I agree w u

Ross was on point about Birdman. Everybody been seeing how Birdman get down.

Birdman and Wayne relationship is looking more like a pimp and his h0e, than father and son.

Snoop went through a ugly situation leaving Deathrow. Master P came and got him out that situation.

http://thesource.com/2017/06/30/col...h-row-label-household-name-bids-independence/

You’re Death Row’s biggest cash cow, so aren’t they fighting or trying in some way to keep you from leaving the label?

They’re not trying to take me to court and I’m putting out records right now without their permission, so they must know they can’t beat me in court. But it ain’t about that. It’s about all I asked for is what I asked for, so let me move forward. Don’t hold me down because you’re locked up and you feel everything is against you. I’m not against you homie, I just gotta take care of my family and Death Row can’t provide for me right now.

What did you ask Death Row for?

A lot of sh*t. Man, I ain’t never been accounted for. At all. As long as I’ve been rapping for Death Row Records, they never accounted for me. I never received statements on my money, or none of that, man. They bought a n*gga gifts and sh*t.

What gifts did they get you?

A Rolls Royce, a penthouse suite on Wilshire, a motherf***ing Hummer, gold chains, Rolex watches, diamond earrings, hotel suites, anything a n*gga wanted. Anything to keep your mind off your money. They bought me this and brought me that instead of giving me my motherf***ing money, and when the court case came up. . .

Snoop was still poppin though, he was still selling 4+ mil records. I don't know who wants risk getting Wayne outta his cuz Wayne's buzz is dead, he been dropping nothing but trash for years now.

Of course hes going to get something after the case is settled in court. But he he shouldn't have to take his business partners to court because they want to be sheisty. Or because they feel like Wayne shouldnt get paid what he owed on contract cause they feel like hes not on there level. Or just because they spent up all of there own money. Or just because they just dont want to. Theyll come to an agreement. But just imagine if Wayne never resigns with them. And he starts up Young Money by himself with Drake/Nikki/etc. He couldve had a longer run while making more money. I dont think Wayne ever wanted to be a Baby/Suge/Jay-Z/irv. Because it might be more responsibility than hes use to. Theres no way he shouldve resigned after watching what Juve,Manni,B.G.,Turk went through business wise with Birdman and Slim. They all had to take Birdman and Slim to court just get paid what was owed to them on there contracts.

I dont understand what would make him or anybody else think they would start paying there artist after the label becomes the biggest its ever been when Wayne,Drake,Nikki and company are the biggest thing in music period. Like i said before. Im happy Joe wasnt there. This episode has so much free game and knowledge given away for free that its crazy. You got people talking about there mad because Joe wasnt there. For what. To scream over people because what he thinks is Gold. This episode is strictly for industry insiders and up and comers. It turned out to be really good. Friday wasnt meant to be a screaming/hollering debate. Thats cool for entertainment purposes. Im a huge fan of the show. But certain topics when talked about. You have to let ride without interruption. How do we know for a fact that we get this game from irv about how producers can get paid in different ways. And distribution numbers. If joe wants to interrupt and debate about whos right or wrong.

Jay shoulda been scooped Wayne from CM. All the paperwork involved, Jay got great lawyers for that...but Wayne could be great for another 10 years with the right direction

Both situations are different. Snoop left when Death Row was crumbling after Pac died. Snoop wasnt owed around 90 million dollars by Suge after he helped bring Pac and Dr.Dre to Death Row after resigning when his contract was up. There for he has to stop making music because he files a lawsuit to get paid what hes owed on contract. So then Snoop stops making music while hes on top of the game. So the people who owe him his money cant make anymore money off of him. If he wasnt connected with Baby or Slim contractually. He could easily go back to releasing hit records. Im not even a Wayne fan and i know that. Cash Money was blessing and a curse for him. Crazy situation all around.

Wayne should have just became a Soundcloud artist until his situation got figured out. Literally start doing the same thing these upcoming rappers do and just buy/lease beats from the popping YT producers like Dro, Cash Money AP, etc. and just go in like he used to do on other people's beats.

Wayne should have just became a Soundcloud artist until his situation got figured out. Literally start doing the same thing these upcoming rappers do and just buy/lease beats from the popping YT producers like Dro, Cash Money AP, etc. and just go in like he used to do on other people's beats.

Wayne’s ego wouldn’t let this happen.

honestly no point in Wayne Flooding free music at this point, Especially considering streaming is an option these days.

just caught the Irv episode & its one of the better ones simply because Irv is so transparent & knowledgeable about Hip-Hop.

the fact that Jay made can't knock the hustle in order to their speak to other drug dealers kind of got me, never viewed it in that light. Also for Jay to be that high level of a cat in the streets & to be who he is now is mind blowing progress.

The Friday episodes WITHOUT Joe Budden are great

The only issue I have with the Joe-less episodes is that DJ Akademics is such a herb man, his voice and his face irritates me

But he lets the guest speak and that content is gold. Please remove Joe, I hate everything about dude when it comes to media. I only listen to his podcast cuz of Mal, after hearing a episode of dude he reminds me too much like my home boy so I give it a listen

The Friday episodes WITHOUT Joe Budden are great

The only issue I have with the Joe-less episodes is that DJ Akademics is such a herb man, his voice and his face irritates me

But he lets the guest speak and that content is gold. Please remove Joe, I hate everything about dude when it comes to media. I only listen to his podcast cuz of Mal, after hearing a episode of dude he reminds me too much like my home boy so I give it a listen

No they aren't. The guest carry the episodes.

You could sit Irv and Nore with anyone and they would be entertaining.

Jay the GOAT.

I can’t see a biopic about his life being that interesting though, his life seems pretty transparent

A Jay movie could be good. He's seen the birth of hip hop, the crack era, tryna get on with Jaz, still selling drugs, struggling to get on, meeting Biggs and Dame, starting their own label. **** could be real good.

Back
Top Bottom