Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Just to be clear, we're saying that when Ye arguably put out his best work (MBDTF) Wayne who was in between the carter 3 and 4, was 'running rap'
OK

So I never cared much for dipset. To be honest, I think most West coast ****** only cared for them when we saw certified gangstas. Dudes were hype when that **** came out

Man, I was talking to the homie the other day about how hard of a coming out party Certified Gangstas was for both Jimmy and Game

Had _’s hella hyped fr :lol:

You sound crazy, he took the best tracks from both discs and made 1 classic album

umm no he didn't, even da Criticism of 2.1 is he eschewed da better tracks no reasons.

somewhere in da pile of crap that is blueprint 2 Double disc is a classic... 2.1 ain't it.

its arguably da lowest point in Jay-Z's career.

SoundScan reported that DMX's CD moved 248,334 units, bringing its two week total to

918,561. That practically guarantees that Flesh of My Flesh-Blood of My Blood will go platinum (1 million copies sold) in just three weeks..

Slim Shady LP
The album was met with both critical and commercial success; critics praised Eminem for his unique lyrical style, and the record debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 chart behind TLC's FanMail with 283,000 copies sold in its opening week

This was like 6 months after X dropped his debute that did 4 mil. X was a f'n monster.

That 3 album run is arguably the best run in rap period.

3 classics in a row.

I'll take that over Jay's "consistency".
Arguable
Though
2pac me against the world all eyez on me and 7day theory
Would get my vote

What REALLY sucks
Is Ross
He honestly has had the most consistent and best discography in rap period but folks never gonna give it to him :smh:
Like I even admit I could never give it to him and I like Ross
A thread about this needs to be made
Dude has arguably the best discography in rap and will never get the true credit he deserves
Which he is partly to blame
If he woulda just been real from the jump over that co thing
Like no one thinks having a joba good job with benefits at that
Is lame
No one thinks that
He played himself

What heavy hitters? Beyond Rick Ross

Ti. Jeezy. Ye.[/QUOTE]
If Jeezy woulda delivered another classic with tm103
He would be mentioned
But he fumbled
If he woulda held those best tracks