Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m sorry
I’m out the loop
Whose Russ that y’all keep referring to???
Russell Simmons
Russy the son of run from run dmc
Russell Wilson
Or russ Bennington or whatever dude name
Who used to host that show on complex YouTube with dj ckark Kent about shoes

There may be 10 different Detroit rappers making better music than Em. 3 of them are directly linked to him.

Like 50, Em has every resource possible to make some fantastic stuff, but he is completely out of it. Dude has a laundry list of dope rappers and producers he’s connected to yet makes music that Macklemore or Machine Gun Kelly would make. The worst falloff in history of any legend
Y’all can say whatever y’all want
But em ain’t a legend
A legend has a timeless album
Em doesn’t have that
His albums age like milk
Pure trash

Yeah that's a slippery slope.

Did Party Heart MAKE any money?

That's the excuse that's used today.

Does he perform it?

Does it add marketing, because it's another good song in his catalog?

You're supposed to be the boss, you should be throwing dude a rack for the work he did. That's not much. Not I'm taking your beat, and you should be happy I selected it. That's why producers aren't getting paid these days. It's a lot of under cutting and free work, because there's so many people producing because it's so easy these days.

So these producers sending beats prior to payment or any kind of contractual agreement for payment?

This was old two years ago. Anything for attention and promotion. You can't say it's stupid when the young kids do this, when you have 40 year olds doing it.

No wonder em sucks, you say anything bad about his music and people wanna fight you :smh:

That's the crazy part.

But watch when the next album comes out, he will make excuses and say I wasn't in a good place or I was forcing it. He'll have to do promotion for that one. We see now he's not on a Beyonce and Rihanna level anymore where he can just throw out an album.

Way too many yes men.

Producers emailing 20 30 beats to dude's for mixtapes hoping 1 becomes a hit.

Back
Top Bottom