Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It’s just funny how Jay-Z’s last 2 albums go “platinum” first week from sprint & Samsung deals

& a few months ago Tidal was exposed for faking streaming numbers for Beyoncé’s Lemonade & Kanye’s TLOP

Now all of a sudden Bey/Jay’s album is the ONLY one to have the early projections retracted

Hov can never play fair :smh:

Why do you want him to play fair, getting electronic and mobile companies to buy your album before it releases seems like a smart move to me.

MCHG sold over 500k units first week without the Samsung deal. So without that deal he still moved major units.

Didn’t someone post a quote about Beyoncé singing she don’t give a **** about streams or some **** on the new album? That’s real funny now.

"Patiently waiting for my demise / 'cause my success can't be quantified / If I gave two ****s about streaming numbers / would have put Lemonade up on Spotify,"

Why do you want him to play fair, getting electronic and mobile companies to buy your album before it releases seems like a smart move to me.

MCHG sold over 500k units first week without the Samsung deal. So without that deal he still moved major units.

I’m not hating on him making business moves, but it does make it seem like he’s insecure.

MCHG released pre-streaming era. After streaming took over every artist’s numbers decreased.

Jay wants to ensure he always has the best numbers in order to maintain his image as the greatest rapper that no one can touch. This is why reports are always coming out of him purchasing his own concert tickets, faking streaming numbers on tidal, ext.

No Ceilings is Wayne’s best project. It’s also the only Wayne project I’ve ever listened to in its entirety.

No Ceilings is Wayne’s best project. It’s also the only Wayne project I’ve ever listened to in its entirety.
200w (1).gif

Back
Top Bottom