Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I remember seeing this way back. Both him and J Cole site Ronald’s nephew as an influence, yet their actual music is far from it. I can only see his influence in Kendrick when he’s changing up his flow and voice inflections, which directly coincides with some of Kendrick’s worst songs/verses. So if what you brought to the game was garbage flows and fried brained rappers, should you really be getting props? He’s the perfect attendance award of rap, where the greatest thing about him is existing to make that large output of music. Crappy music.

C85D4E04-00AB-4D8A-B612-6104FBB595D4.gif

56B9859E-67EB-4CE5-B4C3-6F03EEFD05DC.jpeg

I remember seeing this way back. Both him and J Cole site Ronald’s nephew as an influence, yet their actual music is far from it. I can only see his influence in Kendrick when he’s changing up his flow and voice inflections, which directly coincides with some of Kendrick’s worst songs/verses. So if what you brought to the game was garbage flows and fried brained rappers, should you really be getting props? He’s the perfect attendance award of rap, where the greatest thing about him is existing to make that large output of music. Crappy music.

C85D4E04-00AB-4D8A-B612-6104FBB595D4.gif

56B9859E-67EB-4CE5-B4C3-6F03EEFD05DC.jpeg

Tired of having these rap generational debates :lol:. It’s new dope **** Out. Imma bump. It’s new wack **** Out. I’ll stay clear of it. Simple.

You bump and promote garbage

Remember old heads saying “that’s not real music. They’re just talking over beats. Anyone can do it” :lol:.

This paid in full scene sums this up perfectly. Magic33 Magic33 has become Mr Pip

Nice deflection

That's pretty much the same thing I've heard Melle Mel and others say. They were very grandiose in what they were doing. Outlandish outfits, shows, live instruments, sound and all that. He said himself they hated what Run and LL was doing. Everything was stripped down and more raw. They saw what they were doing as not having talent as well. Thought they were ruining all that they were doing. Same ****, different era.

No, this is false. Melle Mel has a bigger ego than KRS but you will never hear him say Run DMC were wack. Don't repeat this anymore. Because they had diss songs aimed at Run DMC. If they didn't respect them as rappers they wouldn't have tried to rap against them.

And what did Run DMC ruin when they were the first to do pretty much everything in rap?

Stop trying to comment on stuff you weren't around for.

Those are entire different genres of music though, Mr. Pip didn't like Hip-Hop at all from any era, Magic33 Magic33 point stems from other people within Hip-Hop

Denial

Last edited:

I don't think people realize how much Wayne influenced kendrick. On one of his first tapes he was trying his best to sound EXACTLY like Wayne.

Tired of having these rap generational debates :lol:. It’s new dope **** Out. Imma bump. It’s new wack **** Out. I’ll stay clear of it. Simple.

This. I don't even entertain these convos anymore. If they think rap is wack now they really aint even trying. It usually be some chick that don't know **** about hip hop anyway :lol:. I played in da wind the other day and this chick tried to tell me cee Lo's verse was weak and he sounded like a mumble rapper :smh:

I believe one of his mixtapes is full of Wayne beats
"Momma said boy this don't sound like you, this the sound though, my only excuse". So given it did influence him, it was not the best course for him to take off career wise.

And the old hiphop vs new hiphop debate think it has to do with the regression of lyrics in mainstream media and the growth of technology used in production. No lie, the beat's catch me, but once I start to listen to the lyrics, it doesn't keep me interested in listening. Hear I just need to "vibe" to the song but I just can't.

Back
Top Bottom