Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

if its just friendly competition, why not just get on a track together, both of em get to spittin and let the fans decide who out did the other?

dem 2 clown cakes fake beefin.

yeah im old. **** it.

I don't disagree, but none of these *****s got real beef. He's been blatantly fabricating beef in an attempt to fabricate buzz. When he bumped into Royce, he made a swift u-turn. *****s on facetime trolling one another in the midst of a rap beef is wild to me. I'm old, though.

I'm starting to think I just don't like the ***** though, because I was far from blown away by his response.

I would agree if both battles weren't prefaced by Tory, Joyner, and Q saying that it was all in good fun/friendly competition. No fake beef. no need for cats to take it off wax. Can't be mad at that.

You definitely just don't like that n**** bro. :lol:

When I say Em and Royce are surviving off of pure hype, I’m talking about there battle skills. We always here about how skilled of a battle rapper they are, because they competed waaaaaay back in the day battling others while coming up. But let’s keep it 100, who has Royce or Em beat competitively that’s supposedly top echelon in the industry. That’s my point, we all know they can spit bars, but their wild overrated when everyone is talking about battling others. They sit up and talk like they’ve beat Nas, Jay, Big, Ice Cube, and Pac back in the day. I’m a battle rap fan, and all I hear about is how good they are in that aspect, but I’ve never seen them destroy a top MC like Jay or Nas before. My point is that it’s way more to battle rapping than knowing how to spit metaphors, and jamming a lot of words that rhyme together. If someone has more dirt/information on you, they can possibly beat you, because that’s more important than just the skill level part of it.

Case in point most people think Nas won against Jay, Nas was clowning him way more, it wasn’t about who could technically spit better, same with pac dissing Biggie. We know Biggie was a better rapper, but pac had way more info on him to break him down. Royce and Em are spitters, but I personally just think their overrated in the battle department. Like I’ve said before, where’s their battle record from inside the industry. Their not even nowhere close to being on Games level when we’re talking about the top commercial battle rap tested rappers. What’s crazy is, game don’t even brag about his battle rep/record against established MC,s. But I’m suppose to believe cats who just brag all day without a battle resume against top industry rappers, just because their lyrical, stop it, bar up and I’ll believe you. MGK washed Em with one round, and we all know it, Ems respond was lackluster, he wasn’t saying anything that we didn’t know already.

People say he won because of they’re die hard fans. If we’re going off of shock values, more personal jabs, we know who won. Em and Royce think because their better technical rappers than most that they automatically win a battle no matter what. It’s more to battle rapping than that. It’s like a well established comedian getting bodied in a roasting comp against someone that’s not as well known. It can happen because the not well known comedian can just be better at roasting (talking personal) about people than the famous one. That doesn’t take away from the famous one being way better from a technical stand point. Put it this way, who are taking if you had to choose one rapper to make a diss record an absolute win win only one song in response The Game,Em, or Royce, lol. We all know the answer to that no matter how corny he acts for attention. Another point to a great diss record, is making people like the way it sound while getting personal.

You cant bunch up a lot of words together to closely to each other while the song sounds like trash. Rap fans don’t gravitate towards that style in no way. It has to be a balance of lyricism, roasting, and basic lines all wrapped up in one. That’s something that Game understands, and why he never lost a battle. It’s another reason why most lyrical cats besides Em never become successful on a bigger scale against rappers who can break those skills down differently.

When I say Em and Royce are surviving off of pure hype, I’m talking about there battle skills. We always here about how skilled of a battle rapper they are, because they competed waaaaaay back in the day battling others while coming up. But let’s keep it 100, who has Royce or Em beat competitively that’s supposedly top echelon in the industry. That’s my point, we all know they can spit bars, but their wild overrated when everyone is talking about battling others. They sit up and talk like they’ve beat Nas, Jay, Big, Ice Cube, and Pac back in the day. I’m a battle rap fan, and all I hear about is how good they are in that aspect, but I’ve never seen them destroy a top MC like Jay or Nas before. My point is that it’s way more to battle rapping than knowing how to spit metaphors, and jamming a lot of words that rhyme together. If someone has more dirt/information on you, they can possibly beat you, because that’s more important than just the skill level part of it.

Case in point most people think Nas won against Jay, Nas was clowning him way more, it wasn’t about who could technically spit better, same with pac dissing Biggie. We know Biggie was a better rapper, but pac had way more info on him to break him down. Royce and Em are spitters, but I personally just think their overrated in the battle department. Like I’ve said before, where’s their battle record from inside the industry. Their not even nowhere close to being on Games level when we’re talking about the top commercial battle rap tested rappers. What’s crazy is, game don’t even brag about his battle rep/record against established MC,s. But I’m suppose to believe cats who just brag all day without a battle resume against top industry rappers, just because their lyrical, stop it, bar up and I’ll believe you. MGK washed Em with one round, and we all know it, Ems respond was lackluster, he wasn’t saying anything that we didn’t know already.

People say he won because of they’re die hard fans. If we’re going off of shock values, more personal jabs, we know who won. Em and Royce think because their better technical rappers than most that they automatically win a battle no matter what. It’s more to battle rapping than that. It’s like a well established comedian getting bodied in a roasting comp against someone that’s not as well known. It can happen because the not well known comedian can just be better at roasting (talking personal) about people than the famous one. That doesn’t take away from the famous one being way better from a technical stand point. Put it this way, who are taking if you had to choose one rapper to make a diss record an absolute win win only one song in response The Game,Em, or Royce, lol. We all know the answer to that no matter how corny he acts for attention. Another point to a great diss record, is making people like the way it sound while getting personal.

You cant bunch up a lot of words together to closely to each other while the song sounds like trash. Rap fans don’t gravitate towards that style in no way. It has to be a balance of lyricism, roasting, and basic lines all wrapped up in one. That’s something that Game understands, and why he never lost a battle. It’s another reason why most lyrical cats besides Em never become successful on a bigger scale against rappers who can break those skills down differently.

Ima keep it 1k dawg. I like your post but these joints way too long.

I think it’s time for us to see another rapper transition into basketball (Master P being the first of course), rap is so mainstream and integrated with sports/basketball now that I think it’s more possible to happen these days

Cole would’ve likely been in some major league if he didnt take off with rap

There's not a rapper currently that is healthy enough to transition and play in the NBA.

Maybe the Big3.

Last edited:
Anyone in here messing with rolling loud this year? I go every year but seeing DMX live is something I cant wait for

Back
Top Bottom