Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

****** talking about Cole’s song being misogynistic in here too? I’m so confused by all of this.

Once again, we love to do their jobs for them. Listening to the lyrics of the song, there are good points made that could spawn a meaningful conversation on how we measure growth and what our expectations for internal change should really be, but twitter.

Instead, ****** is arguing about how black men tear down black women. Aight.

Y’all gotta be smarter than to fall right into the outrage narrative of the day, especially when it’s helping to diminish what we are all fighting for.

But go off, sis. :lol:

Gist of the song, is reaching those who need to hear it, something like this.

And I can relate to the part about being fortunate to grow up with the knowledge. And in turn...finding a way to relay it to those around you, who may not be there yet. Ain’t about “tone policing” it’s about growing and connecting. And that goes for everybody.

Young Jada Pinkett

mjgrin.png

And this pasty ***** had the audacity to say Pac came on to her 😑😑

Pac had all kinds of black actresses, models and pron stars at his call but that extra regular Susan wants us to believe he was tryna smash.

mjlol.png

Why do y’all think Cole decided to write about “a young lady” Instead of people in general?

Why do y’all think Cole decided to write about “a young lady” Instead of people in general?

I actually take that as a shoutout to Black women. They often rightly call out injustice and have been a strong part of the movement, without credit. And have been vocal lately, thanks to social media. He goes on to list how she does that.

People just decided to completely miss those parts....and latch on the the words “she” and “tone”.

I just read the lyrics and it does seem a bit much that Cole made a whole song about this girl that I never heard of before. He should have went the Lil Baby route with his song. Song could have been more impactful.

I actually take that as a shoutout to Black women. They often rightly call out injustice and have been a strong part of the movement, without credit. And have been vocal lately, thanks to social media. He goes on to list how she does that.

People just decided to completely miss those parts....and latch on the the words “she” and “tone”.

Was he complimenting her tho?
He didn’t mention none of those things as a positive. Sounded like the mentioned them to show how her “privilege“ adds up to her behavior

To be clear, his message is understood and agreed upon. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody talking about people being careful with their tone when speaking to those whom they are trying to educate.

Was he complimenting her tho?
He didn’t mention none of those things as a positive. Sounded like the mentioned them to show how her “privilege“ adds up to her behavior

To be clear, his message is understood and agreed upon. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody talking about people being careful with their tone when speaking to those whom they are trying to educate.
He was throwing shade. Cole went to a couple protests and feels he’s untouchable right now. I don’t agree with the backlash, but I think now wasn’t a good time to release that. He didn’t really say anything on the track. Just a bunch of pseudo “deep” mumbo jumbo. Lil Baby song way better and appropriate for these times. Missed opportunity by Cole.

I mean Cole fell right into the trap. These black “feminists” on twitter been looking for a reason to “cancel” black men. Best thing to do is ignore them. Don’t give them any attention. Cole a fool for taking the bait.
What I find interesting about some of these social media "black feminist" is they talk all this "we as black women are beaten down by society", follow and push the narrative of "a black man ain't ****", but quick to pick up some white man to become their "rock".This behavior is very disingenuous.

Back
Top Bottom