Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Cube wasn’t wrong with what he was tryna do but he did get finessed

It is what it is

I've already said that we're just gonna disagree on that point, however there are celebs who did way more than Cube did for the Biden campaign. I'm talking full on endorsements, approval of his politics , actual fundraising etc etc... and actually played a huge part in getting him ELECTED.

Now when Biden is being pretty vocal about not sticking to the Agenda he promoted for the black community.... where is this almighty accountability that i heard was gonna be put on the administration? where is the outrage about the lack of support, where are the think pieces on how these black people won that administration the election, & less than a month later they gotta beg on Twitter to get a ******* zoom invite.

It ain't gonna be none, because them checks cleared & they can't mess up future business, Same "intellectuals" who were accusing Cube of being a sellout & pawn, are sitting quiet while the guy they vouched for sends black people to the back of the line per usual.

Cube at least had intensions of actually trying to get **** changed, these other mf'ers march their people to stagnation for a check & a position.

I've already said that we're just gonna disagree on that point, however there are celebs who did way more than Cube did for the Biden campaign. I'm talking full on endorsements, approval of his politics , actual fundraising etc etc... and actually played a huge part in getting him ELECTED.

Now when Biden is being pretty vocal about not sticking to the Agenda he promoted for the black community.... where is this almighty accountability that i heard was gonna be put on the administration? where is the outrage about the lack of support, where are the think pieces on how these black people won that administration the election, & less than a month later they gotta beg on Twitter to get a ****ing zoom invite.

It ain't gonna be none, because them checks cleared & they can't mess up future business, Same "intellectuals" who were accusing Cube of being a sellout & pawn, are sitting quiet while the guy they vouched for sends black people to the back of the line per usual.

Cube at least had intensions of actually trying to get **** changed, these other mf'ers march their people to stagnation for a check & a position.

Idk if you been paying attention....but there has been “outrage” over Biden’s seeming Centrism :lol:. And over the last week and a half, the big talking points was the “defund the police” talk and rhetoric etc. Roland Martin, the same “intellectual” who you have so much disdain for, called Biden out.

This just isn’t as popular as one of the most famous rappers, seemingly blindly getting played by an incredibly popular incumbent President :lol:

More of this:

Idk if you been paying attention....but there has been “outrage” over Biden’s seeming Centrism :lol:. And over the last week and a half, the big talking points was the “defund the police” talk and rhetoric etc. Roland Martin, the same “intellectual” who you have so much disdain for, called Biden out.

This just isn’t as popular as one of the most famous rappers, seemingly blindly getting played by an incredibly popular incumbent President :lol:

More of this:

I'm Glad a few people have mentioned it, but This is far from a widespread thing & it isn't something that is being nearly as emphasized as it should. Also i would take into question why the president elect curving his support of a black agenda somehow takes a backseat to Cube taking a meeting with the Trump admin.

The same grifters that were loud & ready to crucify Cube for his decision are awfully quiet about Biden treating a black agenda as a trivial thing. But of course they are, because how would they get those comfy positions, or those lucrative speaking gigs if they didn't stick to the script.

I have disdain for a lot of these mf'ers because i know that their frauds & they are willing to dismiss things when it's beneficial to their careers. They got The ***** whisperer Barry out here on a press tour asking black people to tone down their messaging because it sends the wrong impression :lol: .

The right propagates & distorts the image of every other Agenda from gay rights, to immigration, to gun control. hasn't stopped the left from supporting them, but when it's a black Agenda suddenly the Rights propaganda is overpowering & the messaging needs to be changed.

Cube got played for having a meeting & getting nothing out of it cool, what do we say about an organization actually flipping votes & winning the election...... And ****** can't even get a zoom call?

I'm Glad a few people have mentioned it, but This is far from a widespread thing & it isn't something that is being nearly as emphasized as it should. Also i would take into question why the president elect curving his support of a black agenda somehow takes a backseat to Cube taking a meeting with the Trump admin.

The same grifters that were loud & ready to crucify Cube for his decision are awfully quiet about Biden treating a black agenda as a trivial thing. But of course they are, because how would they get those comfy positions, or those lucrative speaking gigs if they didn't stick to the script.

I have disdain for a lot of these mf'ers because i know that their frauds & they are willing to dismiss things when it's beneficial to their careers. They got The ***** whisperer Barry out here on a press tour asking black people to tone down their messaging because it sends the wrong impression :lol: .

The right propagates & distorts the image of every other Agenda from gay rights, to immigration, to gun control. hasn't stopped the left from supporting them, but when it's a black Agenda suddenly the Rights propaganda is overpowering & the messaging needs to be changed.

Cube got played for having a meeting & getting nothing out of it cool, what do we say about an organization actually flipping votes & winning the election...... And ****** can't even get a zoom call?

I just want my reparations

My _, you're one of the main people on here skeptical about BLM, talking about them selling us out etc

Now you think they should've been on the Zoom call? :lol:

Regarding the messaging of "Defund The Police", the Republicans successfully co-opted it and put their fear mongering spin on it, now the average general public person thinks "Defund The Police" means some entirely different ****. Even people that want police reform are confused about what it actually means at this point.

Last edited:
I didn’t peep CeeLo’s joint but I finally listened to that new Goodie Mob album and its surprisingly good. Refreshing to hear CeeLo actually rapping again.

My _, you're one of the main people on here skeptical about BLM, talking about them selling us out etc

Now you think they should've been on the Zoom call? :lol:

Regarding the messaging of "Defund The Police", the Republicans successfully co-opted it and put their fear mongering spin on it, now the average general public person thinks "Defund The Police" means some entirely different ****. Even people that want police reform are confused about what it actually means at this point.

BLM as an organization is very skeptical, but my personal beliefs in this don't matter. to the general public BLM is the face of black progression ( :lol: ) . They are the ones getting millions in funding, they are the ones all over the media, they are the ones getting corporate sponsorships etc etc

So for the Next president to have a meeting about civil rights & not even invite them says quite a lot.

STOP IT with that republicans co-opted it BS, the republican's do that to any agenda the dems value. suddenly when it comes to the matter of police reform...... the people are confused & the agenda must be halted.

How about using the ******* millions upon millions & the several media outlets they control to clearly explain what "defund the police" stands for & renew their messaging.

***** did a Eulogy for a "former" member of the Klan, told black people there not black if they don't vote democrat, said that blacks don't have diversity in thought like the latinos, Actually won the presidency & didn't even think to have a meeting with BLM, despite them being one of the biggest supporters his campaign had.

And yet in still i'm supposed to believe that an administration led by this man is going to somehow be an ally in improving the standing of black people in America

I mean the whole point was none of these dudes are doing anything for the "black agenda". You really expect to vote for somebody then ask him to do something for you. Makes no sense, people stay voting just to vote. Nothing but optics, Biden and Harris are police what exctally do you think they will reform :lol:.

What you DM that woman? :lol:
Didn’t even do **** nah. We followed each other back in the day when she had her old page and she deleted that **** made a new one and now I can’t see it :frown: her sister pre breast reduction >her anyway

BLM as an organization is very skeptical, but my personal beliefs in this don't matter. to the general public BLM is the face of black progression ( :lol: ) . They are the ones getting millions in funding, they are the ones all over the media, they are the ones getting corporate sponsorships etc etc

So for the Next president to have a meeting about civil rights & not even invite them says quite a lot.

STOP IT with that republicans co-opted it BS, the republican's do that to any agenda the dems value. suddenly when it comes to the matter of police reform...... the people are confused & the agenda must be halted.

How about using the ****ing millions upon millions & the several media outlets they control to clearly explain what "defund the police" stands for & renew their messaging.

***** did a Eulogy for a "former" member of the Klan, told black people there not black if they don't vote democrat, said that blacks don't have diversity in thought like the latinos, Actually won the presidency & didn't even think to have a meeting with BLM, despite them being one of the biggest supporters his campaign had.

And yet in still i'm supposed to believe that an administration led by this man is going to somehow be an ally in improving the standing of black people in America

The NAACP and Al Sharpton supposedly played a big part in organizing that meeting.

The NAACP LDF rocks with BLM, but the broader NAACP doesn't mess with them too tough based on stuff I've seen with all the drama (lack of funding etc) surrounding smaller/local BLM chapters right now. Sharpton seemingly rocks with them but also referred to some of their KEY ideals as the ideals of "latte liberals". If these people played a big part in organizing the **** in the first place, is it really surprising BLM wasn't on the call?

As far as the defund the police ****.

Republican's tend to lean more "single issue" as far as voting. The GOP knows this and loves this, because you can just hone in on that one thing and literally ignore everything else. And everybody is pleased.

These folks ran WHOLE damn campaigns this cycle off the strength of accusing their opponent of wanting to defund the police :lol:. Some of these ppl had barely even spoke on police reform like that, let alone expressed desires to defund police, but the **** seemingly worked.

A lot of races that were supposed to be landslide ended up tighter than expected, along with some upsets. Now they saying its time to regroup.

The NAACP and Al Sharpton supposedly played a big part in organizing that meeting.

The NAACP LDF rocks with BLM, but the broader NAACP doesn't mess with them too tough based on stuff I've seen with all the drama (lack of funding etc) surrounding smaller/local BLM chapters right now. Sharpton seemingly rocks with them but also referred to some of their KEY ideals as the ideals of "latte liberals". If these people played a big part in organizing the **** in the first place, is it really surprising BLM wasn't on the call?

As far as the defund the police ****.

Republican's tend to lean more "single issue" as far as voting. The GOP knows this and loves this, because you can just hone in on that one thing and literally ignore everything else. And everybody is pleased.

These folks ran WHOLE damn campaigns this cycle off the strength of accusing their opponent of wanting to defund the police :lol:. Some of these ppl had barely even spoke on police reform like that, let alone expressed desires to defund police, but the **** seemingly worked.

A lot of races that were supposed to be landslide ended up tighter than expected, along with some upsets. Now they saying its time to regroup.

I get the democrats angle on this but i just don't believe that the republicans propagated it so well that the idea has to be called off & regrouped.

This boils down to democrats caring more about their votes & playing politics than actually pushing for change.... this isn't a surprise to me by any means because that's what politicians are bred to do.

However like clockwork every four year cycle we slip right back in to "hope" & freely giving our votes & support in return for bottom of the barrel results. And instead of figuring a way out this cycle the majority of us are funneled by our "leaders" into the same insane attempt of relying on career politicians to attempt actual change.

I get the democrats angle on this but i just don't believe that the republicans propagated it so well that the idea has to be called off & regrouped.

This boils down to democrats caring more about their votes & playing politics than actually pushing for change.... this isn't a surprise to me by any means because that's what politicians are bred to do.

However like clockwork every four year cycle we slip right back in to "hope" & freely giving our votes & support in return for bottom of the barrel results. And instead of figuring a way out this cycle the majority of us are funneled by our "leaders" into the same insane attempt of relying on career politicians to attempt actual change.

Jan 5th.

Absolutely no excuses if they win the runoffs in GA. Of course, the state legislatures and years of gerrymandering are still a wild roadblock. But the focus isn’t soley on national politics anymore. Which is good. This is a rare chance to get some **** done. I think your criticism will have more legs then. We aren’t saying different things. You just have a different view on it. And want to be proven right, even if it means some counter productive **** :lol:. We will see.

Anyways, back to the music :pimp:

Jan 5th.

Absolutely no excuses if they win the runoffs in GA. Of course, the state legislatures and years of gerrymandering are still a wild roadblock. But the focus isn’t soley on national politics anymore. Which is good. This is a rare chance to get some **** done. I think your criticism will have more legs then. We aren’t saying different things. You just have a different view on it. And want to be proven right, even if it means some counter productive **** :lol:. We will see.

Anyways, back to the music :pimp:

No i don't want to be proven right at all, i hope that this administration does advocate for some real change, but it would be silly of me to ignore a literal lifetime of politicians straying away from that.

Back to the music

I mean the whole point was none of these dudes are doing anything for the "black agenda". You really expect to vote for somebody then ask him to do something for you. Makes no sense, people stay voting just to vote. Nothing but optics, Biden and Harris are police what exctally do you think they will reform :lol:.

That's what I didn't get.

People jumped up. Biden isn't in office yet, he shouldn't have to meet with and discuss our issues.

That's how you actually get something accomplished. You don't give your vote and then expect to have the same leverage.

It's the same cycle.

Once the possible Rahm Emmanual appointment leaked I knew what was up.

Then we had to complain about his cabinet appointees to get it more diverse.

Back
Top Bottom