Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Kodak must of had a bigger run in certain places. I don’t see and never seen why he would get mentioned with the rest of those .

don’t rock with NBA either but I realize how much the kids do. Kodak not so much

Man, Kodak laid the groundwork for Youngboy….and the entire chitterlings circuit that was not supposed to be mainstream.

These dudes were supposed to be Datpiff/livemixtapes cats…until **** changed. And they got the ball/shot and visibility.

The SoundCloud cats were the ones really bubbling on the higher mainstream frequency at the time. While these banjo, our the mud cats took old Boosie/Wayne etc…mixed with Keef aesthetics and some more and brought it back to the base. It’s why they have more longevity. Uzi and maybe Carti is the only one from the SoundCloud rappers to still exist. And that’s more on Pierre with the latter.

Man, Kodak laid the groundwork for Youngboy….and the entire chitterlings circuit that was not supposed to be mainstream.

These dudes were supposed to be Datpiff/livemixtapes cats…until **** changed. And they got the ball/shot and visibility.

The SoundCloud cats were the ones really bubbling on the higher mainstream frequency at the time. While these banjo, our the mud cats took old Boosie/Wayne etc…mixed with Keef aesthetics and some more and brought it back to the base. It’s why they have more longevity. Uzi and maybe Carti is the only one from the SoundCloud rappers to still exist. And that’s more on Pierre with the latter.
Carti just did 115K first week and the album just re-entered the top 200. Carti is definitely here to stay, especially with his cult like fan base.

^people are really starting to see the appeal of WLR.

admittedly, it did sound like wtf initially to me too. Now, i think its his best album.

kodak was YB before YB :lol:

He really dusted off that Boosie template for the trap babies but in a major/mainstream way
You can definitely tell by the content. He’s a complete knucklehead and even a fool outside of the studio, but in the studio he’s wise beyond his years and full of gems. It’s easy for people to be turned off from his music due to his antics.

Back
Top Bottom