Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Naughty by Nature's self-titled second album was released thirty years ago today.

8dd0df087f11d97ffe065544900c4418.1000x1000x1.jpg

I lied bring back the rap %'s. He just sung majority of the album..it's like he tried to tap into his style from so far gone/ thank me later and views
Some of those songs would’ve been much better had he rapped over them instead of singing over them. Felt like some of those beats got wasted with him slightly pouring his heart out instead of doing the 7 AM type stuff

I actually think he should've swapped song 2 and song 1. Song 2 sounds more intro-esque to me

Champagne Poetry remind me of Tuscan Leather, he was talking his ****. I ain't really like Papi's Home. It started off good then it got corny. I only got 6 songs in but damn wasn't really feeling anything other than Champagne. That's the only one that caught my attention so far. Rest of these joints sound like IG caption **** for females. Even the song with Hov ain't sound like something you call Hov for. The concept was cool but you gotta have a beat harder than that. I'll listen to the rest when I get back to the crib.

The 1st half of N 2 Deep is kinda tik tok inspired considering they slow down classic records/beat switch for challenges

Drake a wild boy for telling Swizz beatz he sound like a ***** 😂

bu said if drake said anything about ye then it’s on … gave him a whole song , wonder what happens now

Yea even the usual media/blogger meat gobblers seem to be real passive about this project, i'll hear what i have to when i'm out but

tumblr_m3eo9wj1jz1qbaywxo1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom