Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

A lot of these same kids play video games/watch movies that depict violence as well (not that this makes it ok), it’s just hard to solely blame hip-hop IMO

Nobody has ever solely blamed hip hop

When people mention guns, they aren't solely blaming the prevalence of guns

This where parents need to raise their kids,and not let them get raised by rappers and tablets.
Unfortunately absentee parenting is where a lot of that lifestyle is bred from, & the music follows.

You got a bunch of adults who were never parented and never matured now raising (or not raising) other children.

Blind leading the blind basically. Sad cycle.

This where parents need to raise their kids,and not let them get raised by rappers and tablets.

This is making the assumption that A) all kids have parents and B) All parents are fit and C) Parenting is an ironclad deterrent to being susceptible to influences

This isn't to say the onus is back on rappers to raise kids...but the "what about the parents" argument isn't so black/white.

Did you even know that Dave East and Jada are both on Def Jam?

or are you more concerned about his modeling?
Nah I didn’t know that completely didn’t know Jada been on Def Jam Over 10 years blew my mind FOH lol

Wtf does the label they with have to do with your point?

Jada came out the gate with 2 platinum albums in his prime.

East still trying to find what sound works for him 6 years later!

They in the same lane tho you right

Nah I didn’t know that completely didn’t know Jada been on Def Jam Over 10 years blew my mind FOH lol

Wtf does the label they with have to do with your point?

Jada came out the gate with 2 platinum albums in his prime.

East still trying to find what sound works for him 6 years later!

They in the same lane tho you right

Yeah, I shouldn't compare two New York rappers on the same label that's been having problems for ten years putting out projects. Got it.

How did Ignatius and Top 5 do btw?

Yeah, I shouldn't compare two New York rappers on the same label that's been having problems for ten years putting out projects. Got it.

How did Ignatius and Top 5 do btw?
U comparing a dude that’s been in the game nearly 30 years came out the gate with 2 good albums that both went platinum, been nominated for Grammys and is considered one of the best lyricist in the game till this very day to Dave East? Whatever Kiss releases would still sell better than East in 2022

Btw Top 5 sold 60K 1st week has Dave East sold 60K in his career?
Have a good day

So they can imitate style of dress, slang, dances

but you're telling 8-15 year old's to stop imitating the negative, because they're mature and developed enough to tell the difference in reality and fiction?

There are teenagers that listen to rap music and don't follow what these _'s say. That go to school, work their lil jobs. To avoid going in circles like this conversation always does, the reality is everybody is not gonna get saved. It's gonna be street _'s, it's gonna be crime wherever poverty is at.

Back
Top Bottom