Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Last night I burned one, put the airpod pros in with noise cancelling turned on and ran through Nudy discography.

He might not rap much substance but damn dude has one of the best ears for beats. I was in space bros.
Nudy Land one of the best,if not the best produced albums of the last 5 or so years.

Crazy how she kinda really is done nowadays. People really underestimate when their time can be up.

Plus it's big difference when you're Wilt Chamberlain in the league,

Now it's a ton of competition out here for the female listener, and she's 40 years old. I keep saying her music never matured to even appeal to the 35 and ups, because a 16 year old isn't going to want to listen to her.

Bun B did it big again at the Houston rodeo this year. Tela, 8ball & mjg, Banner, KRIT, Trinidad James, Scarface, youngstar, lil flip, mannie fresh, juvie and erykah badu man. Wild show

Words cant describe how sick I was for not going and having to watch everyone on my IG timeline post it on their story. First year I dnt get tickets smh

Has anyone from the Cash Money/YM camp’s lyrics matured though? Wayne’s biggest knock was that he seems to rap about nothing at most times. Drake would be the closest and that’s still a stretch 🤷🏾‍♂️

Why cant Ja "participate?"

***** this aint freeze-tag
:lol:

Let the wrong people "participate" and its gonna be......

giphy.gif

Dude is a millionaire and can drastically change the quality of life for many around him.

He's a young star that has a great career in front of him. But, you know first chance they get to bring a superstar black athlete down they will jump on that.

I hope he doesn't mess it up.

I remember how they did Allen Iverson on some BS about throwing a chair even though he's on video walking away from the scene. They then waited 10 months until he turned 18 to charge him as an adult and gave him 5 years. All because he was a talented black superstar athlete and they hated that he was going to be big and then tried to bring him down.

Ja needs to just chill.

Has anyone from the Cash Money/YM camp’s lyrics matured though? Wayne’s biggest knock was that he seems to rap about nothing at most times. Drake would be the closest and that’s still a stretch 🤷🏾‍♂️
He had a 4-5 year period where he rapped about eating coochie and comparing himself to **** and people were like.
FCD71CF7-AA68-4B35-98A3-A60872DC6A3D.gif

Couldn’t be my GOAT.

Plus it's big difference when you're Wilt Chamberlain in the league,

Now it's a ton of competition out here for the female listener, and she's 40 years old. I keep saying her music never matured to even appeal to the 35 and ups, because a 16 year old isn't going to want to listen to her.
She’s not the only one this happens to, but that’s a big reason her recent singles the past few years debut in the top ten, then fall to 185 two weeks later. She doesn’t have a stranglehold on the media like she used to, nor does she have the battery in her back from the labels like she did. There’s a ton of buzzing female rappers out there like you said, and she has hated that every second.

Kodak a terrible performer . Every time I see a stream or something he’s late, putting the mic down rapping , etc.

at rolling loud he took like 5 minutes to put a spiked belt on or something 😂

Effects of post Keef-YB-etc (and really post 50) rap in real time :lol:

I be thinking about that when all these lil _'s be doing these dances. Y'all know these dances come from real killers? The griddy, Kids doing the Bronx drill dance.

His examples are trash. Hov is actually from a housing project and sold drugs and turned it into legal business and RAPS about it.

Who don't call Drake corny? I think even his stans know he's corny for becoming a opp rapper at 35 but he's popular so they eat it up and even he's not out waving guns around. He only acts like a street dude on records. Asking "why can't Ja participate" is basically saying why he can't ruin his life.

Back
Top Bottom