Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Only so long fake thugs can pretend

I watched some doc type thing on him way back. Dude’s dad is as plugged into the industry as Berner, and basically hijacked blood terminology as if he read urban dictionary all night and started perpetrating. I think he pivoted to reggaeton and became a family man. Was very fortunate to never hear his music at any type of function.

This is for other dudes to realize, accept accountability for and talk about, not Special Ed

'Cause the ***** wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright...' -Hov

Maybe I missed the point of his final story and influence on rap. It came off as though he was proud to credit himself as a catalyst for some of the darker sides of hip hop today (even though I highly doubt early drill rappers, or even many New Atlanta dudes were listening to much of his music).

I was hoping he would discuss more about what really happened with Tip and how he got dropped. This would've been a good chance for him rebrand his image and he just comes off as an old crash dummy.

'Cause the ***** wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright...' -Hov

Maybe I missed the point of his final story and influence on rap. It came off as though he was proud to credit himself as a catalyst for some of the darker sides of hip hop today (even though I highly doubt early drill rappers, or even many New Atlanta dudes were listening to much of his music).

I was hoping he would discuss more about what really happened with Tip and how he got dropped. This would've been a good chance for him rebrand his image and he just comes off as an old crash dummy.

You have to watch the whole interviews

I think you're misunderstanding. He's talking about how to landscape of Atlanta music changed for the bad from dance and club good time music. He's not bragging about it.

He's also talking about how the streets are different and his experiences being inside when he was young in comparison to how things really are.

You have to watch the whole interviews

I think you're misunderstanding. He's talking about how to landscape of Atlanta music changed for the bad from dance and club good time music. He's not bragging about it.

He's also talking about how the streets are different and his experiences being inside when he was young in comparison to how things really are.
I skipped a min or two of the clip so maybe I missed that.

Maybe I'm too far removed from ATL to know his influence but I would've credited the Trap OGs (Gucci, Tip, Jeezy) with the change in ATL music but I guess he was there with Tip.

😐
FB_IMG_1703267624554.jpg

Back
Top Bottom