Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

IMG_6257.jpeg

gen z and gen alpha pissed travis ain’t won lol

KD3 shoulda won

This goofy *** ***** not knowing who Killer Mike is pissed me off for some reason.These lil streaming dudes really be herbs

A lot of these YouTube people don't REALLY know hip hop culture. Just like DJ Ak, their introduction to hip hop music and culture was Drake or Wayne or 50 or Kanye and that's all they know. That time period and forward. Who's the most popular, who got the most followers, who girls twerk to. That's all hip hop is to them. On top of that some of 'em ain't from here.

This goofy *** ***** not knowing who Killer Mike is pissed me off for some reason.These lil streaming dudes really be herbs

A lot of these YouTube people don't REALLY know hip hop culture. Just like DJ Ak, their introduction to hip hop music and culture was Drake or Wayne or 50 or Kanye and that's all they know. That time period and forward. Who's the most popular, who got the most followers, who girls twerk to. That's all hip hop is to them. On top of that some of 'em ain't from here.

He was born in 2001, so his intro into Killer Mike is more than like Run These Jewels or ‘Trigger Warning’

Yeah man, kid is in his early 20's. It's not about being into hip hop, it's a lot of 20 year old rappers I don't know. Killer Mike doesn't make music for his age demo. They aren't playing Killer Mike to turn up in the club. There's a separation in rap as far as age demo. I don't expect someone who is 22 to listen to someone their dads age.

Completely understandable.

Yeah man, kid is in his early 20's. It's not about being into hip hop, it's a lot of 20 year old rappers I don't know. Killer Mike doesn't make music for his age demo. They aren't playing Killer Mike to turn up in the club. There's a separation in rap as far as age demo. I don't expect someone who is 22 to listen to someone their dads age.

Completely understandable.
Drake pushing 40..

Back
Top Bottom