Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Had no idea ovo was moving like this from even a decade ago. Mind is honestly blown

And then aligning yourself with dudes who are sex trafficking just makes you say why

It’s one thing to hop on tracks with certain folks but why have them extra associated with you and in your circle

My gawd people just love to set themselves up to fumble
Drake has been rappin about some of the people he bribed to mess with him for a while now. Comfortably.

"You lucky that Vogue was suing 'cause I would've been with the Wassas in Paris and ****"

The Drake and Weeknd beef is another one that might involve street dudes. I've heard Weeknd's man Cashxo got ties, I don't know if that's why his house got shot at last week. Helluva coincidence that both situations a bodyguard got shot.
Whoever sticks is in xo apparently is a goon. I know he had a line recently about him not missing a target even when he drunk

Abel a made man, why try to live that life

I get it he actually did come from the streets but there’s no reason to mix yourself up with this nonsense

His whole place in the Drake beef is also petty

Whoever sticks is in xo apparently is a goon. I know he had a line recently about him not missing a target even when he drunk

Abel a made man, why try to live that life

I get it he actually did come from the streets but there’s no reason to mix yourself up with this nonsense

His whole place in the Drake beef is also petty

Probably didn't like those rainbow accusations on Family Matters. Crazy they're letting Drake get away with that and the auntie/man of the house line in 2024 but want to cancel CFA every June.

Guess when you're apart of certain communities you really can say w/e. BUT I DIGRESS.

Probably didn't like those rainbow accusations on Family Matters. Crazy they're letting Drake get away with that and the auntie/man of the house line in 2024 but want to cancel CFA every June.

Guess when you're apart of certain communities you really can say w/e. BUT I DIGRESS.
Yeah I get that- but that was soft imo

It’s crazy that in 2024 the rainbow allegations are still supposed to cut deep but idk

The OVO/XO beef runs a lot deeper than Kendrick and Drake tbf.

Drake felt slighted for years that he ended up doing his own thing and not signing with him when he blew up.

Weeknd also always felt dude was trying to front and make it appear like he made him or put him on when he was well on his way to blowing the hell up on his own before folks even knew what he looked like and before he ever worked with Drake :lol:

There's been a lot of back and forth and bad blood building up between both camps in the city over the years since then and especially since Weeknd himself has ascended to a similar level/stature in the music game largely doing his own thing without riding anyone's wave.

They've been firing subs for a while within their music too, it's after We Don't Trust You dropped that it became real pointed and direct between them but it's been bubbling up and escalating for a minute.

Now Cash's place, Weeknd's manager, got shot up in LA last week and days later we see Drake's security getting shot outside his crib this morning...not a coincidence imo and it's unrelated to the Kendrick ****

Drake felt slighted for years that he ended up doing his own thing and not signing with him when he blew up.

Weeknd also always felt dude was trying to front and make it appear like he made him or put him on when he was well on his way to blowing the hell up on his own before folks even knew what he looked like and before he ever worked with Drake :lol:.

There's been a lot of back and forth and bad blood building up between both camps in the city over the years since then and especially since Weeknd himself has ascended to a similar level/stature in the music game largely doing his own thing without riding anyone's wave.

For sure...Drakes best album came from when he took Abel's whole flow.

Man al went in- this has to be the basis for any tenacious diss

1715111151446.gif

Weeknd also always felt dude was trying to front and make it appear like he made him or put him on when he was well on his way to blowing the hell up on his own before folks even knew what he looked like and before he ever worked with Drake :lol:

They've been firing subs for a while within their music too, it's after We Don't Trust You dropped that it became real pointed and direct between them but it's been bubbling up and escalating for a minute.

Now Cash's place, Weeknd's manager, got shot up in LA last week and days later we see Drake's security getting shot outside his crib this morning...not a coincidence imo and it's unrelated to the Kendrick ****
And add to the fact that both camps intermingle. They all know each other.

I'd say Cardi and Pop Smoke were the hottest in NY since that Control verse. NY artist need to start being themselves again instead of trying to copy other regions. That drill stuff they got going on ain't it lol
Cardi is a blatent industry plant and pop smoke got killed.

We have rappers that are themselves but the masses want to mumble and dance while these non rapping *** rappers that can't sing sing to them.

Even with all that being said it should never come to any type of violence let alone gunshots

**** is so sad and petty

Fighting over females and ****

They been beefing for the stupidest reasons when they could have been making music this whole time

I'd say Cardi and Pop Smoke were the hottest in NY since that Control verse. NY artist need to start being themselves again instead of trying to copy other regions. That drill stuff they got going on ain't it lol
Cardi doesn't drop enough music but she's probably been the best rapper rapper out there in that time. Her run of features these last few years has been crazy.

Pop definitely looked like he was next up, damn shame :smh:. He's still the only actually listenable one out of these BK drill guys for me :lol:

Fully agree with that last part

Back
Top Bottom