Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Some of y'all keep posting stuff like this but this is not the defense you think it is. I'm not even saying the allegations are true or not, but a potential victim defending the abuser is not unusual at all. That's how people get away with it for so long. Women don't want to speak up and say "Yes I was molested." or "Yes I was groomed by a megastar." That's a hard thing to say publicly. "No, nothing happened" is way easier. Not to mention money and NDA's involved. Hell look at Stormy Daniels in court today. She denied it for a long time bc of money and an NDA.

Again, not saying the allegations are true. I have no idea. He's been very suspect for a long but that's not proof. But taking a victim's word for it ain't it for a litany of reasons.
I completely agree with you. However, some of the rumors about times and places have been debunked. Again, I'm not arguing with you, but if we have two sides, KDot's and Drake's, and the "victim" says it didn't happen, are we still going to believe it?

But honestly, I'd rather not delve into this topic, man. I was just asking if every bar originated from a lie, would it still be a banger for you? Drake has speculated that the kids aren't KDot's, and I don't know if it's a lie or not, but if it's untrue, then to me, the bar is garbage.

On another note, I thought Drake slept with Wayne's girl before she was Wayne's girl. I swear that's what I heard Wayne say in an interview.

That's some cold blooded **** to do. Sleep with your mentors girl.

**** reminds me when Caine was sleeping with his mentors BM. 🤣

Last edited:
I completely agree with you. However, some of the rumors about times and places have been debunked. Again, I'm not arguing with you, but if we have two sides, KDot's and Drake's, and the "victim" says it didn't happen, are we still going to believe it?

But honestly, I'd rather not delve into this topic, man. I was just asking if every bar originated from a lie, would it still be a banger for you? Drake has speculated that the kids aren't KDot's, and I don't know if it's a lie or not, but if it's untrue, then to me, the bar is garbage.
I get what you’re saying, and I somewhat agree. The only lie Kendrick may have told was the daughter part. But unfortunately for Drake, his character and actions of hiding a child before make the bars plausible. Kendrick puts his life in his art. Even if him and his fiancé have fought, I wouldn’t consider him a woman beater. In a relationship since high school, unfortunately for some, a physical altercation is bound to happen.

Euphoria is still the top for me. Followed by Not Like Us. Meet The Grahams was the most disrespectful diss, but that was like Kendrick reciting a manifesto against Drake.

On another note, I thought Drake slept with Wayne's girl before she was Wayne's girl. I swear that's what I heard Wayne say in an interview.
We discussed this on NT some years back. Some of you corrected me when I brought it up. I remember it being Wayne was about to marry her. Drake smashed while Wayne was in jail supposedly on some “I was tryin to show you who she is”. NT checked me and said Drake smashed before, nor was Wayne bout to marry her. I truly didn’t remember the story being told that way. I do remember the tattoo mess. My thing is, if it was before, why get a tat of Wayne to apologize?

He made it so bad that no rapper has even come out to defend Drake. Where’s the 1000s of collaborators in the rap game that he’s worked with at?
You’re right. **** even Ja Rule had his team riding for him alongside Jadakiss and Fat Joe.

I remain impartial in this debate and find the exchange of words between both parties entertaining. I believe both have uttered statements that could be deemed outlandish. Clearly, in the realm of rap, preferences vary; some prioritize lyrics, others favor flows, deliveries, punchlines, or beats, among other elements. I don't believe there's a definitive winner that everyone can unanimously agree upon. Personally, I found Drake's line depicting KDot as akin to Dr. Umar with a white queen to be particularly memorable. However, KDot's insinuation of Drake's involvement with minors and portrayal of his promiscuity were also striking. I appreciate the dynamic interplay between the two artists, and if someone were to claim victory for either side, I would acknowledge it without bias. There's no need for either party to feel ashamed; in this bout, KDot simply outdid Drake using Drakes tactics.

If I’m judging the disses just off the disrespect factor, meet the grahams is probably one of the most disrespectFul tracks I’ve ever heard.

Not like Us might meet if not surpass Back 2 Back based off impact and bop factor.

Euphoria is between those two. Might be my fave. He barred him up. For me that’s the track where he clearly exhibited that he’s a far better lyricist than Drake.

6:16 was just a jab

Really like Pushups. The release was botched though.

Taylor Made was diabolical but meh.

Drake went into another dimension on the second verse on Family matters

The heart part 6 is disgraceful: Bro took his ball home.

Last edited:
We discussed this on NT some years back. Some of you corrected me when I brought it up. I remember it being Wayne was about to marry her. Drake smashed while Wayne was in jail supposedly on some “I was tryin to show you who she is”. NT checked me and said Drake smashed before, nor was Wayne bout to marry her. I truly didn’t remember the story being told that way. I do remember the tattoo mess. My thing is, if it was before, why get a tat of Wayne to apologize?
That's how I recall Wayne mentioning it, but who knows? Perhaps it was to save face. Let's be honest, in the industry, females often circulate within the same circles and are sometimes shared among acquaintances. It's difficult to comprehend. They've almost normalized it to the point where one might question how anyone could feel disrespected by it.

If I’m judging the disses just off the disrespect factor, meet the grahams is probably one of the most disrespectFul tracks I’ve ever heard.

Not like Us might meet if not surpass Back 2 Back based off impact and bop factor.

Euphoria is between those two. Might be my fave. He barred him up. For me that’s the track where he clearly exhibited that he’s a far better lyricist than Drake.

7:16 was just a jab

Really like Pushups. The real set was botched though.

Taylor was diabolical but meh.

4297548747_3a8b0d59db_b.jpg

And Toronto beef playing out with gunplay in Cali is nuts right now. I really hope it doesnt escalate. I think kendrick has more to speak on, snippets from the Not Like Us video being teased. He may want to reconsider his angle at this point.

7:16 was just a jab

Really like Pushups. The real set was botched though.

Taylor was diabolical but meh.

I agree with all of this. Pretty much how I'd rank them.

Kendrick hit it on all angles. Lyricism in Euphoria. Disrespect in Meet the Grahams. A bop with Not like us.

Random thought

Drake said “Kendrick just opened his mouth/somebody hand him a Grammy right now :lol:

And Kendrick is 1,000 percent get a Grammy or two between Like that, Euphoria and Not like us. :rofl:
one of my favorite lines from all this. the way he said it ais always :lol:

cant lie, I laughed at the free the slaves **** too. both lines are funny but low key praises.

Back
Top Bottom