Rap/hip pop Album of the Year ..Whats your pick

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Distant Relative and Sir Lucious Leftfoot were the best ACTUAL hiphop albums this year.
Not to take away from Nas's here, but Damian made that album more than anything.
its easier to feel Damian overshadowed Nas because he brought the singing/melody, but if you just pay attetion to Nas' verses each one is literally perfect. like, if i were to name my top 50 hip hop verses from 2010, ALL of Nas's DR verses would be in there somewhere.

Nasir was on his Lost Tapes %*%% for that album..
30t6p3b.gif
In Patience, Nas's verses were nothing special. Damian's on the other hand...
eek.gif
 And there were a few other songs like that. 

Distant Relative and Sir Lucious Leftfoot were the best ACTUAL hiphop albums this year.
Not to take away from Nas's here, but Damian made that album more than anything.
its easier to feel Damian overshadowed Nas because he brought the singing/melody, but if you just pay attetion to Nas' verses each one is literally perfect. like, if i were to name my top 50 hip hop verses from 2010, ALL of Nas's DR verses would be in there somewhere.

30t6p3b.gif
In Patience, Nas's verses were nothing special. Damian's on the other hand...
eek.gif
 And there were a few other songs like that. 

30t6p3b.gif

That's fine, and like I said, I'm not here to discredit Nas at all. But Damian had the incredible lyricism to go along WITH the singing and melody (the best weapons in music). I love hip-hop, but music is at its FINEST when the lead/solo singer combines the two. Just my take. DR was a great collabo album and is up there in the rankings.

30t6p3b.gif

That's fine, and like I said, I'm not here to discredit Nas at all. But Damian had the incredible lyricism to go along WITH the singing and melody (the best weapons in music). I love hip-hop, but music is at its FINEST when the lead/solo singer combines the two. Just my take. DR was a great collabo album and is up there in the rankings.

I 4got that nas/damien marley came out this year, for some reason it seem like last year. but that, pilot talk 2, teflon don, and big boi's solo are def in top 10.

I 4got that nas/damien marley came out this year, for some reason it seem like last year. but that, pilot talk 2, teflon don, and big boi's solo are def in top 10.

Back
Top Bottom