Rappers now a days are all about SWAGG

Originally Posted by Weekz

hip hop had its phases
first it was all about the message
then it was about bein down and cool
then it was about bein hard and a g
now its about swag
lets see whats next..
This is the evolution of about every rapper.
first it was all about the message (they hit scene with sort of message usually about their struggle to the top)
then it was about bein down and cool (once they get their message out its time chill)
then it was about bein hard and a g ( once album sales slump they tend to want to come back HARD)
now its about swag (only the good ones make it to this point)

There are some exceptions. They are the ones that pick one of the above listed and just rap about that. They usually dont make it.

As far as Tupac speech. Im not a Tupac Fan.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by imthekang

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I totally agree with dharv. Nobody has the guts to stand up and attempt to make a difference in out soceity today. Esspecially the black community. The current hip-hop is not making it any better.....

But your avy is of a guy in a skimask wearing a grill?

yes it is................................................................................keeping the the same avy since my first screen name.....furthermore I will never agree with that type of lifestyle....

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by dharv

Up there with the likes of Malcolm and Martin.

Definitely, in terms of revolutionary impact he changed the game.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but what "game" are you speaking of? And how exactly did he change this "game"?

MLK's influence resulted in mass societal change for African-Americans, and helped reshape our country. How in the hell does Tupac match up to this man? Even in the same realm? He doesn't.

Tupac's the same guy who issued death threats and glorified the street life, as well as gang violence. And we're supposed to put him in the same group as MLK and Malcolm?
roll.gif

People are reachin' in here.

Originally Posted by polorico

I aint even gonna get into pac 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

but its you guys who support this lost generation of trash music.......

So todays generation isn't trash music?

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What I never heard Malcolm or Martin dropping F-bombs to get their point across.

Different eras......swearing wasn't tolerated so much back in the 60s.....kids today pay attention to words with cursing...thank NWA for that....

Originally Posted by proper english

92? how old was he when this was made? cant be no older than 20.. crazy 
eek.gif
He died at 25 so he was about 21. 

Originally Posted by Cz7

Definitely, in terms of revolutionary impact he changed the game.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but what "game" are you speaking of? And how exactly did he change this "game"?

MLK's influence resulted in mass societal change for African-Americans, and helped reshape our country. How in the hell does Tupac match up to this man? Even in the same realm? He doesn't.

Tupac's the same guy who issued death threats and glorified the street life, as well as gang violence. And we're supposed to put him in the same group as MLK and Malcolm?
roll.gif

People are reachin' in here.
Add convicted rapist to that. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What I never heard Malcolm or Martin dropping F-bombs to get their point across.
To be fair both Malcom and Martin died at age 39....15 years older than 2pac. Who knows what 2pac could have matured into. Only GOD knows. Not to say 2pac is on the same level as Martin and Malcolm, but he had it in him to become just as great or even greater than both men, which I believe he could have. You really have to go back and listen to some of the stuff Pac outside of the foolishness. I mean who could have guessed Jay-Z would go from street hustler to rubbing shoulders with Bill Gates and Kofi Anan. The man had Oprah in the projects and Obama on the text. And Jigga has had some of the most misogynistic rhymes and hardcore lyrics ever in rap music.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by Snake201

I don't believe there is that many 20 year olds now a days that can deliver a speech like that. What he said was the truth and the message is still relevant today, if not more than ever.

householdvalues.jpg

Source:

http://pewsocialtrends.org/2011/07/...record-highs-between-whites-blacks-hispanics/

real talk...

i just wanna sniff white privilege for one week.

get a break for having to fight for EVERYTHING.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Smh, you're ******ed that's why your broke.

Originally Posted by imthekang

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I totally agree with dharv. Nobody has the guts to stand up and attempt to make a difference in out soceity today. Esspecially the black community. The current hip-hop is not making it any better.....

People tend to only look at the negative issues in Pac's life and not what was on his agenda. He had the guts to speak about police brutality, racism, the shady stuff that goes on with politics and any other issue that was tearing our people down. As U.S citizens, how long were we supposed to sit back and take what is given to us by the white man? It was time for action and Pac wasn't scared to be the chief leading the troops. R.I.P to the realest brotha in my lifetime!

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To be fair both Malcom and Martin died at age 39....15 years older than 2pac. Who knows what 2pac could have matured into. Only GOD knows. Not to say 2pac is on the same level as Martin and Malcolm, but he had it in him to become just as great or even greater than both men, which I believe he could have. You really have to go back and listen to some of the stuff Pac outside of the foolishness. I mean who could have guessed Jay-Z would go from street hustler to rubbing shoulders with Bill Gates and Kofi Anan. The man had Oprah in the projects and Obama on the text. And Jigga has had some of the most misogynistic rhymes and hardcore lyrics ever in rap music.

One of the most asinine, clueless statements I have EVER heard.
roll.gif
roll.gif

PLEASE........PLEASE tell me, how Tupac could've become greater than either of these men.

Wednesday's a little early to be drinking boys.

Originally Posted by Weekz

hip hop had its phases
first it was all about the message
then it was about bein down and cool
then it was about bein hard and a g
now its about swag
lets see whats next..
this is the basic truth why even hate on any of these phases idk why...the older i get the more i appriciate the old and respect the hustle of this new generation comng behind me

roll.gif
roll.gif

PLEASE........PLEASE tell me, how Tupac could've become greater than either of these men.

Ok.. what's your purpose for being in this thread? 
alien.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

NO

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

2Pac wasn't even good, his death just made him more popular.

...cuz that's probably when you just heard about him...
laugh.gif
...you must not like real rap...

Back
Top Bottom