Rappers on NT how do yall feel about this Lil B fame?

Originally Posted by kbweezy24

im no rapper, but i don't see the appeal
but props to him doin' it
this

to me son is wack like very wack but if thats what kind of music you like more power to you

Originally Posted by kbweezy24

im no rapper, but i don't see the appeal
but props to him doin' it
this

to me son is wack like very wack but if thats what kind of music you like more power to you

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Lil B is NT popular.

Not really buzzin' like that on the scene. Should drop that "Wonton Soup" on the radio though
smokin.gif

NT has ALOT more popular then any of us give it for....let's just put it like this, we been da new A&R's....he sold out that high line ballroom last night.

Lil B is NT popular.

Not really buzzin' like that on the scene. Should drop that "Wonton Soup" on the radio though
smokin.gif

NT has ALOT more popular then any of us give it for....let's just put it like this, we been da new A&R's....he sold out that high line ballroom last night.

you mean to tell me this guy is bigger than NT?

alright, is there a mixtape i should check for?

this guy got more buzz than say max B at his peak?

you mean to tell me this guy is bigger than NT?

alright, is there a mixtape i should check for?

this guy got more buzz than say max B at his peak?

He's pure entertainment, nothing else.

Anyone with a brain does not take his music seriously. His lyrics are nothing but extreme shock value or flat out stupidity - and in his case they are so bad it's good. He's an abomination musically, but he's also a car accident - you don't want to see it but of course you look anyway.

Because of his outlandishness, he appeals to a lot of people. Dude seems to be just having fun and it's hard to hate on him. Of course he's the last thing hip hop needs but you can't hate on his grind. Other than his music he doesn't have any qualities to make you hate him. Being a likable person and knowing how to market himself has contributed to his success and internet fame.

He's pure entertainment, nothing else.

Anyone with a brain does not take his music seriously. His lyrics are nothing but extreme shock value or flat out stupidity - and in his case they are so bad it's good. He's an abomination musically, but he's also a car accident - you don't want to see it but of course you look anyway.

Because of his outlandishness, he appeals to a lot of people. Dude seems to be just having fun and it's hard to hate on him. Of course he's the last thing hip hop needs but you can't hate on his grind. Other than his music he doesn't have any qualities to make you hate him. Being a likable person and knowing how to market himself has contributed to his success and internet fame.

Originally Posted by jomitm

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif

laugh.gif

Fam, you need to get outta NT. 

The based movement is serious. 

But to answer OP, the guy has his craft. He ain't no Lupe but the guy is very individualistic and has made his own thing instead of tryna fit in with everyone else.

Most rappers struggle to find their own identity to separate themselves from the rest. 

He does it so impeccably well and his image is natural. Son is just that different and he really be feelin himself like that. 

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

If you hatin' on a young n' doin it while being true to himself, then I don't know anymore lol.
this.
Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He's everything Hip-Hop is scared to be not hard to figure why he is successful.
this.

not a rapper but i don't see the point of this thread. how and why ppl question Lil B's fame and/or hate on him puzzles me.

dude has been grinding hard since The Pack days. #Based= doing you, being true to yourself, say what you want, rap what you want, wear what you want, and having a positive mindset. if u can't get down with that i don't understand. especially the hate.

i'm actually quite happy for the dude rite now

kbye

Originally Posted by jomitm

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif

laugh.gif

Fam, you need to get outta NT. 

The based movement is serious. 

But to answer OP, the guy has his craft. He ain't no Lupe but the guy is very individualistic and has made his own thing instead of tryna fit in with everyone else.

Most rappers struggle to find their own identity to separate themselves from the rest. 

He does it so impeccably well and his image is natural. Son is just that different and he really be feelin himself like that. 

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

If you hatin' on a young n' doin it while being true to himself, then I don't know anymore lol.
this.
Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He's everything Hip-Hop is scared to be not hard to figure why he is successful.
this.

not a rapper but i don't see the point of this thread. how and why ppl question Lil B's fame and/or hate on him puzzles me.

dude has been grinding hard since The Pack days. #Based= doing you, being true to yourself, say what you want, rap what you want, wear what you want, and having a positive mindset. if u can't get down with that i don't understand. especially the hate.

i'm actually quite happy for the dude rite now

kbye

i watched that wonton soup music video on youtube just now

()#& is crazy, i cant even hate if he makin money off this garbage though.

i watched that wonton soup music video on youtube just now

()#& is crazy, i cant even hate if he makin money off this garbage though.

I'm not knocking his work ethic or his grind as far as putting music out but at the same time that's not enough for me to like his music. People spend their whole lives playin ball and bustin they #%@ practicing and dont make the league work ethic isnt enough. At some point the grind has to equal the talent.

The thing that i notice about every hiphop convo nowadays is that people discuss Everything ACCEPT THE MUSIC, i dont know any of these dudes personally and im not gettin a percent of they checks, so therefore music is the only thing i could judge them off.

I'm not knocking his work ethic or his grind as far as putting music out but at the same time that's not enough for me to like his music. People spend their whole lives playin ball and bustin they #%@ practicing and dont make the league work ethic isnt enough. At some point the grind has to equal the talent.

The thing that i notice about every hiphop convo nowadays is that people discuss Everything ACCEPT THE MUSIC, i dont know any of these dudes personally and im not gettin a percent of they checks, so therefore music is the only thing i could judge them off.

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif
NT isn't the only hip-hop based music forum on the internet...
As far as his popularity goes, I think it's the whole persona of him being 'different'. I mean, guys like Wayne, Drake, Ross and even Lupe sound exactly the same to an extent. When a Kanye, Cudi or Lil B pops out every few years with a refreshing sound, people just seem to gravitate to them. I really hope he does a collab with OFWG in the future, @#$% would be banasnasa.

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif
As far as his popularity goes, I think it's the whole persona of him being 'different'. I mean, guys like Wayne, Drake, Ross and even Lupe sound exactly the same to an extent. When a Kanye, Cudi or Lil B pops out every few years with a refreshing sound, people just seem to gravitate to them. I really hope he does a collab with OFWG in the future, @#$% would be banasnasa.

tyisny wrote:

tyisny wrote:

Originally Posted by Based God

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif
lil b has a refreshing sound? GTFOHWTBS you talking...you must be young

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif
lil b has a refreshing sound? GTFOHWTBS you talking...you must be young

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif

huh?

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif

huh?

I don't know about "refreshing"
laugh.gif
but different he is. Everyone is sounding like everyone nowadays.

Lyrical? not at all.

He does his own thing tho. and some of his songs, he talks about some #$@*. But the average person just hears WOO, SWAG, and all that.

To each his own.

Back
Top Bottom