Rappers on NT how do yall feel about this Lil B fame?

B is my favorite artist of all time and no amount of criticism or hate could ever change that. Everything has an underlying message, can't always just look at the surface..

I can perfectly understand if dudes don't like his music, but how can you deny spreading a message based off positivity?

B is my favorite artist of all time and no amount of criticism or hate could ever change that. Everything has an underlying message, can't always just look at the surface..

I can perfectly understand if dudes don't like his music, but how can you deny spreading a message based off positivity?

Originally Posted by Hi Jynx

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Hi Jynx

Lil B IS Hip-Hop though.
Why don't you break down exactly what hip hop is fam?
pimp.gif
I think I see what you did there.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

His lyrics consistently make me laugh... dude is so reckless 
laugh.gif

And his "I look like..." thing never gets old
laugh.gif

IDK it's all a joke to me 
happy.gif

His lyrics consistently make me laugh... dude is so reckless 
laugh.gif

And his "I look like..." thing never gets old
laugh.gif

IDK it's all a joke to me 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by GFlower8

he may not be the best, but dude is great at music imo and is definitely a talented artist.

Look, I understand liking the dude, but it's really hard to make an argument for him being talented. There's almost no talent involved.
And "great at music".... nah man

Originally Posted by GFlower8

he may not be the best, but dude is great at music imo and is definitely a talented artist.

Look, I understand liking the dude, but it's really hard to make an argument for him being talented. There's almost no talent involved.
And "great at music".... nah man

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by Based God

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Lil B is NT popular.

Not really buzzin' like that on the scene. Should drop that "Wonton Soup" on the radio though
smokin.gif
NT isn't the only hip-hop based music forum on the internet...
As far as his popularity goes, I think it's the whole persona of him being 'different'. I mean, guys like Wayne, Drake, Ross and even Lupe sound exactly the same to an extent. When a Kanye, Cudi or Lil B pops out every few years with a refreshing sound, people just seem to gravitate to them. I really hope he does a collab with OFWG in the future, @#$% would be banasnasa.

+$*?

Lil B is NT popular.

Not really buzzin' like that on the scene. Should drop that "Wonton Soup" on the radio though
smokin.gif
As far as his popularity goes, I think it's the whole persona of him being 'different'. I mean, guys like Wayne, Drake, Ross and even Lupe sound exactly the same to an extent. When a Kanye, Cudi or Lil B pops out every few years with a refreshing sound, people just seem to gravitate to them. I really hope he does a collab with OFWG in the future, @#$% would be banasnasa.

+$*?

He's a real life hip hop troll, i doubt if he even takes that $#!= serious...

I NEVER hate on a dudes grind, its good to see people gettin paid....But musically GTFOWTBS

He's a real life hip hop troll, i doubt if he even takes that $#!= serious...

I NEVER hate on a dudes grind, its good to see people gettin paid....But musically GTFOWTBS

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif

huh?
I mean, all 4 of them are pretty much your prototypical talented mainstream MC. We've all seen the pop-esque hip-hop that YM brings, we've seen the conscious rap of Lupe and we've seen the coke rap Ross has years ago. I agree that Lil B isn't very talented at all, but he's the only rapper that could probably every say 'I'm a pretty @#$%^' and still have some sort of respect. Whether you like him or not, at the end of the day - music is subjective. If it sounds good to you, it's good. If it sounds like@#$% to you, then it sounds like @#$%. Just do you and stop worrying about what everyone else likes. 

Originally Posted by DT43

uhhh Lil B is NOT just NT popular
laugh.gif

i was at the sold-out Highline show last night, and all i can say is this dude literally has a Manson-esque cult following. during the show some dude made his girl get on stage and told Lil B he could #+*% her

he isnt the greatest rapper, but he really believes in what he does and has unshakeable swagger and stage presence, thats what draws people to him
This
When he first got on stage, it was like Jesus rising from the dead. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

THANK YOU BASED GOD 
pimp.gif

Lil B is NT popular.

smokin.gif

huh?
I mean, all 4 of them are pretty much your prototypical talented mainstream MC. We've all seen the pop-esque hip-hop that YM brings, we've seen the conscious rap of Lupe and we've seen the coke rap Ross has years ago. I agree that Lil B isn't very talented at all, but he's the only rapper that could probably every say 'I'm a pretty @#$%^' and still have some sort of respect. Whether you like him or not, at the end of the day - music is subjective. If it sounds good to you, it's good. If it sounds like@#$% to you, then it sounds like @#$%. Just do you and stop worrying about what everyone else likes. 

Originally Posted by DT43

uhhh Lil B is NOT just NT popular
laugh.gif

i was at the sold-out Highline show last night, and all i can say is this dude literally has a Manson-esque cult following. during the show some dude made his girl get on stage and told Lil B he could #+*% her

he isnt the greatest rapper, but he really believes in what he does and has unshakeable swagger and stage presence, thats what draws people to him
This
When he first got on stage, it was like Jesus rising from the dead. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

THANK YOU BASED GOD 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jefffort5

tyisny wrote:
The thing that i notice about every hiphop convo nowadays is that people discuss Everything ACCEPT THE MUSIC, i dont know any of these dudes personally and im not gettin a percent of they checks, so therefore music is the only thing i could judge them off.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

tyisny wrote:
The thing that i notice about every hiphop convo nowadays is that people discuss Everything ACCEPT THE MUSIC, i dont know any of these dudes personally and im not gettin a percent of they checks, so therefore music is the only thing i could judge them off.

ya'll have to remember that all of it is in image, you guys are saying that he has no talent and cannot rap but he purposely makes music like this. He is well aware that he's gonna be hated on and judged. It's all part of his image, he's winning wether I or anyone else likes it or not. I personally dont listen to him except when im with my boys just to be entertained or just to bug out, however, i do respect his grind and work ethic and how he conducts himself as an ARTIST.

It ain't that serious folks, it's the image, all part of the game....

ya'll have to remember that all of it is in image, you guys are saying that he has no talent and cannot rap but he purposely makes music like this. He is well aware that he's gonna be hated on and judged. It's all part of his image, he's winning wether I or anyone else likes it or not. I personally dont listen to him except when im with my boys just to be entertained or just to bug out, however, i do respect his grind and work ethic and how he conducts himself as an ARTIST.

It ain't that serious folks, it's the image, all part of the game....

*cooks while cooking*

ELLEN DEGENERES..... ELLEN DEGENERES.....

and that's where it stops. Me personally, I think dude is lame outside of his adlibs and the dance. I've tried listening, even to the "good stuff" people post when they say he is being lyrical---DUDE IS STILL WHACK. Then his basedgod songs are downright offensive....like I can't even listen to it.
30t6p3b.gif
I honestly don't know how anybody can stomach lyrics that un-artistically vulgar, but to each his own. But like everyone is saying, he found a role/lane and wasn't nobody really in it. He even kinda made it down here to Texas, which is a LONG WAYS for Nor Cal. He sold out a show in NY, and NY foolies be hatin' on EVERYTHING
laugh.gif
He's legit, and I don't see him going anyway anytime soon. He gonna ride this thing to the wheels fall off....

Back
Top Bottom