Rappers on NT how do yall feel about this Lil B fame?

Dude has a movement...

As to whether that will translate to sales, it will be seen...I doubt fans would rush to a store to buy a Lil B album..so him going on Amalgam Digital wasnt a bad business move...i heard Sylvia Rhone was at the show yesterday

Dude has crazy beat selection I'll give him that....and the Angel's Exodus...he was really rapping on that joint.

I'm not a particular fan per se but his movement could give cats pointers....he can sell out shows and that's the bread and butter is.

Dude has a movement...

As to whether that will translate to sales, it will be seen...I doubt fans would rush to a store to buy a Lil B album..so him going on Amalgam Digital wasnt a bad business move...i heard Sylvia Rhone was at the show yesterday

Dude has crazy beat selection I'll give him that....and the Angel's Exodus...he was really rapping on that joint.

I'm not a particular fan per se but his movement could give cats pointers....he can sell out shows and that's the bread and butter is.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I don't check for Lil B as much as I used to (been checking OFWGKTA lately swag
pimp.gif
) but he still makes some good songs.
You sound sort of salty right now my man.

Dope avatar

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I don't check for Lil B as much as I used to (been checking OFWGKTA lately swag
pimp.gif
) but he still makes some good songs.
You sound sort of salty right now my man.

Dope avatar

Not a rapper... but also not a fan of Lil B. Since I know the internet is dude's whole thing, and it's tough to read people's context online, sometimes I wonder if all those "Thank you Based God" comments are a joke or real. I just can't tell...

Not a rapper... but also not a fan of Lil B. Since I know the internet is dude's whole thing, and it's tough to read people's context online, sometimes I wonder if all those "Thank you Based God" comments are a joke or real. I just can't tell...

We've seen it all before, countless times before. I usually see it as just entertainment or pity it.

We've seen it all before, countless times before. I usually see it as just entertainment or pity it.

didnt he give NT a shout out tho?

If he did, i guess that somewhat means he acknowledges the spark came from NT right?

didnt he give NT a shout out tho?

If he did, i guess that somewhat means he acknowledges the spark came from NT right?

i dont take Lil B serious.
He is very entertaining.... i mean extremely entertaining... and his beat selection is mostly on point.

he not the most lyrical rapper... and i could care less... he makes ignorant entertaining music, and thats all i need from Based God.

and he frequently acknowledges NT and checks the music forum alot.... so i can respect a dude that got a lil fame and still stays with his roots... unlike a certain NT rapper that made it and only posts when there is a thread talking about him in a negative way

i dont take Lil B serious.
He is very entertaining.... i mean extremely entertaining... and his beat selection is mostly on point.

he not the most lyrical rapper... and i could care less... he makes ignorant entertaining music, and thats all i need from Based God.

and he frequently acknowledges NT and checks the music forum alot.... so i can respect a dude that got a lil fame and still stays with his roots... unlike a certain NT rapper that made it and only posts when there is a thread talking about him in a negative way

In no way is this popular artist  vs backpacker

Lil B has gotten to the point where grown men are saying yea you could smash my girl and other strange !+% that a grown man shouldnt really be doing. I understand having fun with music and being entertained but at what point is it just too much. I mean ive listened to a few of his tracks mainly because of his beats but when somebody tells me lil B is better than any rapper its a bit unsettling.

I could only imagine what an up and coming artist must feel when they see a GROWN man with a belly shirt and calling himself a Pretty +**#@ is getting shine as a "HIP HOP ARTIST". Its like ok be a charecter and talk about meaningless $*$$ and you will get on, but talk about your life and stay true to yourself and %!!!#% wont even give you a chance. Hip Hop is at a stage now where its giving due to "funny" artist and thats all fine and dandy until people just dont care about it anymore because they grew the hell up

In no way is this popular artist  vs backpacker

Lil B has gotten to the point where grown men are saying yea you could smash my girl and other strange !+% that a grown man shouldnt really be doing. I understand having fun with music and being entertained but at what point is it just too much. I mean ive listened to a few of his tracks mainly because of his beats but when somebody tells me lil B is better than any rapper its a bit unsettling.

I could only imagine what an up and coming artist must feel when they see a GROWN man with a belly shirt and calling himself a Pretty +**#@ is getting shine as a "HIP HOP ARTIST". Its like ok be a charecter and talk about meaningless $*$$ and you will get on, but talk about your life and stay true to yourself and %!!!#% wont even give you a chance. Hip Hop is at a stage now where its giving due to "funny" artist and thats all fine and dandy until people just dont care about it anymore because they grew the hell up

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Lil B is NT popular.

Not really buzzin' like that on the scene. Should drop that "Wonton Soup" on the radio though
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

Fam, you need to get outta NT. 

The based movement is serious. 

But to answer OP, the guy has his craft. He ain't no Lupe but the guy is very individualistic and has made his own thing instead of tryna fit in with everyone else.

Most rappers struggle to find their own identity to separate themselves from the rest. 

He does it so impeccably well and his image is natural. Son is just that different and he really be feelin himself like that. 

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

If you hatin' on a young n' doin it while being true to himself, then I don't know anymore lol.

I understand where you coming from because i completely support flocka and hes a HORRIBLE rapper but it pisses me off that dudes who have actual talent dont get exposed to the world bcuz they arent some off the wall character. and then the same cats who listen to this all day have the nerve to call J.Cole a boring rapper, or Drake a mainstream/soft rapper.

Like damn i understand you like him and all but his whole gimmick just seems corny. I still remember when dudes were in here
roll.gif
about him saying he was gonna #!@$ kanye in the #$!. what part of that is amusing or a tad bit entertaining at all. Lil B IMO is a marketing genius he created a character and got on i love that. But it jus disgust me that people no longer view music with real emotion real situations as entertainment.

There has been no other genre of music where showing songwriting skill and lyrical skill has been deemed "boring"

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Lil B is NT popular.

Not really buzzin' like that on the scene. Should drop that "Wonton Soup" on the radio though
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

Fam, you need to get outta NT. 

The based movement is serious. 

But to answer OP, the guy has his craft. He ain't no Lupe but the guy is very individualistic and has made his own thing instead of tryna fit in with everyone else.

Most rappers struggle to find their own identity to separate themselves from the rest. 

He does it so impeccably well and his image is natural. Son is just that different and he really be feelin himself like that. 

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

If you hatin' on a young n' doin it while being true to himself, then I don't know anymore lol.

I understand where you coming from because i completely support flocka and hes a HORRIBLE rapper but it pisses me off that dudes who have actual talent dont get exposed to the world bcuz they arent some off the wall character. and then the same cats who listen to this all day have the nerve to call J.Cole a boring rapper, or Drake a mainstream/soft rapper.

Like damn i understand you like him and all but his whole gimmick just seems corny. I still remember when dudes were in here
roll.gif
about him saying he was gonna #!@$ kanye in the #$!. what part of that is amusing or a tad bit entertaining at all. Lil B IMO is a marketing genius he created a character and got on i love that. But it jus disgust me that people no longer view music with real emotion real situations as entertainment.

There has been no other genre of music where showing songwriting skill and lyrical skill has been deemed "boring"

Back
Top Bottom