Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Ninjahood said it best!!! Learn your history fellas. Some of u guys just like to ramble about anything like you have a clue. At the end of the day you'll never know about dominicans, unless you educate yourself!

Now pass me a plate of mangoo con salami....peace

Ninjahood said it best!!! Learn your history fellas. Some of u guys just like to ramble about anything like you have a clue. At the end of the day you'll never know about dominicans, unless you educate yourself!

Now pass me a plate of mangoo con salami....peace

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This thread again? Smh

Dominican ppl are a mix of Spaniards, taino indians, & haitians, & slaves from

Africa...

Bottomline is we don't divide who we are by color because we're ALL hispanic.

Im tired of ppl on this site imposing a label on me when they dunno SQUAT bout Dominican

Culture...why don't u tell A-ROD he's black too...heh
we're all hispanic implies that you're more loyal to the language your imperialists forced on you than your african hertitage. there is a lot of color discrimination in south american and dominica. you my friend are in denial. dark skinned people like you in south america get discriminated against, whether u like to admit it or not.
you have no +#*%!!# idea what you talking about b...this is da last time i participate in da disrespect of my hispanic heritage

1. da island of hispanola was originally inhabited by da taino natives that were nearly wiped out by European disease and enslavement....PLENTY of them survived and ran to da mountains ( los cibaos)

2. when da Haitians became independent of da french they tried to take us over...we kicked their +$!$$ and sent em back to their side of da island.

3. da trinitarios were da forefathers of our own dominican independence...although we were once again re-colonized by da spanish we later won hour eventual independence...

inconclusion, to honor our ENTIRE history why da **%% would i just completely waive all that rich history to don da label of a generic black person in da United States? black people in da united states don't even know where they come from

but they wanna be da first people tryin to label other group's history...how about trace ya own roots for a change....and ya wonder why da ACTUAL africans from Africa can't stand ya guts....
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

"there's no European's in da Dominican Republic" 
indifferent.gif

"da Dominican Republic is only a couple hundred years ago..there is no dominican republic culture"
indifferent.gif

"ya not spanish, ya just speak spanish"
indifferent.gif

tired of ya %@***% b......
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

leave us alone %%*$.....

wouldn't it have to be much MORE LIKELY that if one were to select a dominican at random, that person would probably be, genetically, more african than hispanic, amerindian, or latin just by the way you described the history, so it shouldn't be such an affront to assume such, it just means that assumption about EVERY dominican would not be true...it is definitely wrong for people to put arbitrary labels onto others and homie jumped out the window there saying there "is no dominican culture" but the fact is there is plenty of truth in the denial of african ancestry in places like brazil, cape verde, dr, & pr...

This thread again? Smh

Africa...

Im tired of ppl on this site imposing a label on me when they dunno SQUAT bout Dominican

we're all hispanic implies that you're more loyal to the language your imperialists forced on you than your african hertitage. there is a lot of color discrimination in south american and dominica. you my friend are in denial. dark skinned people like you in south america get discriminated against, whether u like to admit it or not.
you have no +#*%!!# idea what you talking about b...this is da last time i participate in da disrespect of my hispanic heritage

1. da island of hispanola was originally inhabited by da taino natives that were nearly wiped out by European disease and enslavement....PLENTY of them survived and ran to da mountains ( los cibaos)

2. when da Haitians became independent of da french they tried to take us over...we kicked their +$!$$ and sent em back to their side of da island.

3. da trinitarios were da forefathers of our own dominican independence...although we were once again re-colonized by da spanish we later won hour eventual independence...

inconclusion, to honor our ENTIRE history why da **%% would i just completely waive all that rich history to don da label of a generic black person in da United States? black people in da united states don't even know where they come from

but they wanna be da first people tryin to label other group's history...how about trace ya own roots for a change....and ya wonder why da ACTUAL africans from Africa can't stand ya guts....
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

"there's no European's in da Dominican Republic" 
indifferent.gif

"da Dominican Republic is only a couple hundred years ago..there is no dominican republic culture"
indifferent.gif

"ya not spanish, ya just speak spanish"
indifferent.gif

tired of ya %@***% b......
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

leave us alone %%*$.....

wouldn't it have to be much MORE LIKELY that if one were to select a dominican at random, that person would probably be, genetically, more african than hispanic, amerindian, or latin just by the way you described the history, so it shouldn't be such an affront to assume such, it just means that assumption about EVERY dominican would not be true...it is definitely wrong for people to put arbitrary labels onto others and homie jumped out the window there saying there "is no dominican culture" but the fact is there is plenty of truth in the denial of african ancestry in places like brazil, cape verde, dr, & pr...

i just wish that real "Black people" aka US born African Immigrants
could get their own break down.

Italian, Irish, Russian, Jews... they all look the same. color wise.
why cant we get the same thing?

call a jew a white man and he will throw a fit.

but let me correct you and tell you Im not black but im mixed and i get silly looks.

if youre dark and speak any language other than american english as your first language, you are not black.

you are where you are from

i just wish that real "Black people" aka US born African Immigrants
could get their own break down.

Italian, Irish, Russian, Jews... they all look the same. color wise.
why cant we get the same thing?

call a jew a white man and he will throw a fit.

but let me correct you and tell you Im not black but im mixed and i get silly looks.

if youre dark and speak any language other than american english as your first language, you are not black.

you are where you are from

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

As long as they recognize their African ancestry I don't care if they don't think they're black.
You say that as if you know what you're talking about. You do realize that MANY don't have African ancestry to recognize right? !%!@ there's plenty of white males from this country with african ancestry they don't recognize but that doesn't seem to be a issue. 

But the question was asked about Dark-Skinned Dominicans, not ones that probably don't come from African decent. As far as white people with african decent, that's completely different because white people aren't native to Africa (unless you consider North Africans to be white).

Yes, dark skinned dominicans are a mixture of several different cultures, so are many African Americans. Since most of us are mixed with white, does that allow us to deny our African roots, since we're no longer 100% African?

Again I don't care if they don't want to be considered "black", but I've seen Cubans and Brazilians that were more in touch with their African roots than Dominicans. I don't undestand why you wouldn't want to celebrate where your ancestors are from.

As long as they recognize their African ancestry I don't care if they don't think they're black.
You say that as if you know what you're talking about. You do realize that MANY don't have African ancestry to recognize right? !%!@ there's plenty of white males from this country with african ancestry they don't recognize but that doesn't seem to be a issue. 

But the question was asked about Dark-Skinned Dominicans, not ones that probably don't come from African decent. As far as white people with african decent, that's completely different because white people aren't native to Africa (unless you consider North Africans to be white).

Yes, dark skinned dominicans are a mixture of several different cultures, so are many African Americans. Since most of us are mixed with white, does that allow us to deny our African roots, since we're no longer 100% African?

Again I don't care if they don't want to be considered "black", but I've seen Cubans and Brazilians that were more in touch with their African roots than Dominicans. I don't undestand why you wouldn't want to celebrate where your ancestors are from.

i'm not even dominican and i'm offended that this subject continues to pop up on this site

anyone can see that these threads are strictly meant to instigate and nothing else

the ones trying to sound knowledgeable on this subject couldn't be more outsiders to dominican culture, yet feel the need to make dominicans the subject of ridicule

this is taunting at best, because it sure isn't about "building bridges"

basically it's like: we're so uncomfortable with ourselves that we're going to target other groups of people and somehow flip it to make them look like they're the ones who are "flawed," or out to get us

always looking for a scapegoat

dominicans don't really seem to be too concerned with you one way or another, so you people really need to stop worrying about them

i'm not even dominican and i'm offended that this subject continues to pop up on this site

anyone can see that these threads are strictly meant to instigate and nothing else

the ones trying to sound knowledgeable on this subject couldn't be more outsiders to dominican culture, yet feel the need to make dominicans the subject of ridicule

this is taunting at best, because it sure isn't about "building bridges"

basically it's like: we're so uncomfortable with ourselves that we're going to target other groups of people and somehow flip it to make them look like they're the ones who are "flawed," or out to get us

always looking for a scapegoat

dominicans don't really seem to be too concerned with you one way or another, so you people really need to stop worrying about them

This thread again? Smh

Africa...

Hell yeah..yall have no problem adopting the swag and the culture but when it comes to repping time
30t6p3b.gif

how can you be offended when your opinion doesn't matter?
laugh.gif

I don't give a damn about Dominicans, let em be who they are, at the end of the day they shunned their blackness like everybody else so they'll reap what they sow.

Ironically its the European American's who settled in those countries who are the first ones to SWEAR up and down they aren't white based on their nationality
laugh.gif

It's even funnier seeing them mistake ethnicity for nationality.

This thread again? Smh

Africa...

Hell yeah..yall have no problem adopting the swag and the culture but when it comes to repping time
30t6p3b.gif

how can you be offended when your opinion doesn't matter?
laugh.gif

I don't give a damn about Dominicans, let em be who they are, at the end of the day they shunned their blackness like everybody else so they'll reap what they sow.

Ironically its the European American's who settled in those countries who are the first ones to SWEAR up and down they aren't white based on their nationality
laugh.gif

It's even funnier seeing them mistake ethnicity for nationality.

lmao @ "THE BOAT DROPPED YALL OFF FIRST...THEN THEY DROPPED THE REST OF THE BROTHAS OFF HERE"....funny but nonetheless true..

lmao @ "THE BOAT DROPPED YALL OFF FIRST...THEN THEY DROPPED THE REST OF THE BROTHAS OFF HERE"....funny but nonetheless true..

great post.....even African Americans who Ninjahood insists on considering more "black" than he is have diluted African blood. I love how dude completely ignored the point I was tryna make and started ranting about Haitians. He consistently goes out of his way to group himself with hispanics and deny his "blackness" like hispanic is one monotonous culture of people. Mexicans are considered hispanic, and Mexican culture is not Dominican culture.

Did this dude just c

great post.....even African Americans who Ninjahood insists on considering more "black" than he is have diluted African blood. I love how dude completely ignored the point I was tryna make and started ranting about Haitians. He consistently goes out of his way to group himself with hispanics and deny his "blackness" like hispanic is one monotonous culture of people. Mexicans are considered hispanic, and Mexican culture is not Dominican culture.

Did this dude just c

your narcissism is more mental illness than "knowledge of self"

your posts are terrible no matter how many times you edit

go be an e-revolutionary somewhere else, clown

If Ninjahood starts embracing this "blackness" that you all speak of, will you guys give him a pass on using the N word?
Serious question btw.

At first, I used to think it was cool to get at NH for this whole "black" issue, but as time passes it becomes more and more evident (at least in this small bubble of a forum) that nobody is more obsessed with skin color than African American Nters.
Word to that different shades of black chart that was posted in some thread.

Mr. King frowns upon your shennanigans.
You want the rest of the world to focus on a person's character instead of the color of their skin, but you clowns stay obsessing on skin color.

Im a light skinned latino if that matters....Or as this post would indicate

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just don't see why Black and Latin are conflicting identities.

I thought black was your skin color identification.
I thought Latin was your ethnic identification.

Why do people make it seem like you have to be one or the other?

IM WHITE..
Brb, climbing to the top of the social ladder with my fellow white man

Spoiler [+]

your narcissism is more mental illness than "knowledge of self"

your posts are terrible no matter how many times you edit

go be an e-revolutionary somewhere else, clown

Back
Top Bottom