Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

If Ninjahood starts embracing this "blackness" that you all speak of, will you guys give him a pass on using the N word?
Serious question btw.

At first, I used to think it was cool to get at NH for this whole "black" issue, but as time passes it becomes more and more evident (at least in this small bubble of a forum) that nobody is more obsessed with skin color than African American Nters.
Word to that different shades of black chart that was posted in some thread.

Mr. King frowns upon your shennanigans.
You want the rest of the world to focus on a person's character instead of the color of their skin, but you clowns stay obsessing on skin color.

Im a light skinned latino if that matters....Or as this post would indicate

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just don't see why Black and Latin are conflicting identities.

I thought black was your skin color identification.
I thought Latin was your ethnic identification.

Why do people make it seem like you have to be one or the other?

IM WHITE..
Brb, climbing to the top of the social ladder with my fellow white man

Spoiler [+]

I doubt that there's any person in America who's 100% of anything.  Especially African Americans. 

I doubt that there's any person in America who's 100% of anything.  Especially African Americans. 

Why do some people care wether or not some Dominicans embrace their blackness? I can care less about it or anyone who does so. Ive already heard how racist it is in DR, Brazil and other places like that some people hate themselves because of that and refuse to claim their black history. OP we as African Americans actually stood up for ourselves and fought for our Civil rights and respect. The blacks in DR didn't they still live and accept the racism that goes on in their country they have no idea what it's like to be an African American who can be proud of their history and know having pride for black people is a great thing. That's just how it is over there.

Why do some people care wether or not some Dominicans embrace their blackness? I can care less about it or anyone who does so. Ive already heard how racist it is in DR, Brazil and other places like that some people hate themselves because of that and refuse to claim their black history. OP we as African Americans actually stood up for ourselves and fought for our Civil rights and respect. The blacks in DR didn't they still live and accept the racism that goes on in their country they have no idea what it's like to be an African American who can be proud of their history and know having pride for black people is a great thing. That's just how it is over there.

On the real though ..cats need to stop wit all this "whos really what" stuff and just focus on them were all born, live, and die no matter the color, ethnicity so chill cause if your skin is black...no matter what you claim you can GUARANTEE you will be treated like a black person at the end of the day..

On the real though ..cats need to stop wit all this "whos really what" stuff and just focus on them were all born, live, and die no matter the color, ethnicity so chill cause if your skin is black...no matter what you claim you can GUARANTEE you will be treated like a black person at the end of the day..

Real life, you people have no idea what youre talking about.

Racism? Let me guess, you heard from a friend that read a wiki article, that posted it on his fb, who posted it on a forum, and now youre counting this as first hand knowledge of the matter?

The racism in DR is no worse than the racism in this good ol US of A. With all the +%%+ all us minorities still have to go through in this country I dont know how you got the audacity to call a victory for black folk in the US....or anybody non WASP for that matter.

Real life, you people have no idea what youre talking about.

Racism? Let me guess, you heard from a friend that read a wiki article, that posted it on his fb, who posted it on a forum, and now youre counting this as first hand knowledge of the matter?

The racism in DR is no worse than the racism in this good ol US of A. With all the +%%+ all us minorities still have to go through in this country I dont know how you got the audacity to call a victory for black folk in the US....or anybody non WASP for that matter.

nom de guerre wrote:

don't talk about things you don't know

nom de guerre wrote:

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

nom de guerre wrote:

Really?
So there isn't racism still going on in the DR? Someone is in denial is see
laugh.gif

nom de guerre wrote:

Really?
laugh.gif

What I'm interested in knowing is how all this applies to light skin Hispanics? Take myself, for example, my dad is from Guatemala and my mom is from El Salvador, BUT I have German, Spanish, and French Great-Great-Grandparents. Does that mean I should celebrate and recognize all those cultures? Should I walk around saying I'm white? I mean that is technically the color of my skin, but lets face it white people don't view me as white, so I don't see why black people care so much if Hispanics embrace their "blackness."

What I'm interested in knowing is how all this applies to light skin Hispanics? Take myself, for example, my dad is from Guatemala and my mom is from El Salvador, BUT I have German, Spanish, and French Great-Great-Grandparents. Does that mean I should celebrate and recognize all those cultures? Should I walk around saying I'm white? I mean that is technically the color of my skin, but lets face it white people don't view me as white, so I don't see why black people care so much if Hispanics embrace their "blackness."

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

nom de guerre wrote:

Really?
laugh.gif

See my last post bro.

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

nom de guerre wrote:

Really?
laugh.gif

See my last post bro.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

See this post bro.

WE ARE WHITE..
Join me and my homie Ice T at the top of the social ladder.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

See this post bro.

WE ARE WHITE..
Join me and my homie Ice T at the top of the social ladder.

Back
Top Bottom