smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
Team Blue Devils
Gerald Henderson #15
The Future...

Brown is supposed to be ready for fall camp. I'm not really worried about him, though. Lumpkin came back last year off a torn ACL and played well. He should be the main guy this year. And we've got Knowshon Moreno coming in off his redshirt year, plus top recruit Caleb King. We'll be solid on the ground this year. I'm not worried about that at all.

Quote:
Brown is supposed to be ready for fall camp. I'm not really worried about him, though. Lumpkin came back last year off a torn ACL and played well. He should be the main guy this year. And we've got Knowshon Moreno coming in off his redshirt year, plus top recruit Caleb King. We'll be solid on the ground this year. I'm not worried about that at all.

Ya'll should be fine offensively, I liked the progress Stafford made during the 2nd half of the season. Well unless the WR's don't learn to buy some stick'em.

As for the SEC East,

I think all the offenses are decent to superb. So in a way, I think they all cancel each other out. It's going to be up to the Defense and Special Teams to see which one of these teams is going to separate from the group.

Quote:
even non-FSU fans know that the talent is there , always has been , FSU is PROVEN to draft more NFL players than ANY other college team in the country
Alabama (6) John Hannah, Don Hutson, Joe Namath, Ozzie Newsome, Bart Starr, Dwight StephensonArizona State (3) Mike Haynes, John Henry Johnson* , Charley TaylorArkansas (2) Lance Alworth, Dan HamptonAuburn (1) Frank Gatski* Florida (1) Jack YoungbloodGeorgia (2) Fran Tarkenton, Charley TrippiGonzaga (2) Tony Canadeo, Ray FlahertyKentucky (1) George BlandaLouisiana State (3) Jim Taylor, Y.A. Tittle, Steve Van BurenMississippi (2) Gene Hickerson, Frank (Bruiser) KinardOregon (5) Dan Fouts, Alphonse (Tuffy) Leemans* , Mel Renfro, Norm Van Brocklin, Dave Wilcox*Southern California (11) Marcus Allen, Morris (Red) Badgro, Frank Gifford, Ronnie Lott, Bruce Matthews, Ron Mix, Anthony Muoz, O.J. Simpson* , Lynn Swann, Willie Wood, Ron Yary*
Southern Methodist (5) Raymond Berry, Eric Dickerson, Forrest Gregg, Lamar Hunt, Doak Walker
Stanford (3) John Elway, James Lofton, Ernie NeversTennessee (2) Doug Atkins, Reggie WhiteUCLA (4) Troy Aikman* , Tom Fears* , Jimmy Johnson, Bob WaterfieldWashington (3) Hugh McElhenny, Warren Moon* , Arnie WeinmeisterWashington State (2) Albert Glen (Turk) Edwards, Mel Hein [email protected]

what he wont tell you is that is all of those players played in college when none of us were alive. No one is even debating the past. we are living in the here and now. get back to us 15-20 yrs down the line when these crop of players are retired and the 5 yr period before hall induction has elapsed, the players from the recent football era have had a chance to play out their careers.

Its a time and era issue. Your point would be more relevant if you went thru and proved during the last 15 - 20 yrs (since thats when the State of Florida became a relevant source and hot bed for football) that the Pac 10 has had more Pro bowlers, more All Pros, more MVPS. Your history lesson was prolly helpful to some of the youngsters tho. I applaud you for that

Quote:
That is 3.1 per school in the Pac-10 and 1.6 per school in the SEC...who really puts more BETTER players into the NFL...

There are MORE THAN 50% more Pac-10 NFL HOFers than there are SEC NFL HOFers...
:lol:
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

The Andre Berto Movement:Get Down or Lay Down

^^^ OK...pick out who is "current" to you on that list...

Great discussion, just like the rest of the SEC apologists...nothing to support your argument other than...look at the coverage the SEC gets on ESPN and all the people that come to the game...

JM
[email protected]

Damn JM .. why so sour towards the SEC ?

What did they do to you ?

Like Gunna said , in my OG post i was referring to us producing pro players , and not winning games ...stating that we have talent , but poor coaching ,,, THATS MY ONLY POINT...

but you come in here , like you do in most of this post , and you act OFFENDED because we didn't mention that the PAC-10 put more players in the hall of fame since 1885 ...

So if you don't make the HOF , you don't qualify as a football player ?
thats absurd

and 3.1 - 1.6 per conference in the Hall ?? dude you're reaching.......

i guess next you are going to compare pensions of former players , and lifetime charitable contributions from the Pac -10 and SEC right ?? Or average merit awards per marching band ?

And after reading all your Pac-10 nut-hanging , whiny responses , it makes me that much more satisfied that the

MEDIOCRE 6-6 FSU Seminoles DRUGUSC-hopes-of-a-title-destroying UCLA Bruins

In Your Backyard :lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Auctions-Lebron Rookie jerseys ..click here !!! !
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , xavier lee , andre fluellen , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

laugh.gif
Fresh And Thank God for that

Wizard, :lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
u a funny guy

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

The Andre Berto Movement:Get Down or Lay Down

Ga Tech Freshman QB Steven Threet is transferring. He is a BIG kid with a BIG arm and good accuracy. Lacks speed but was a Top 10 QB last year and a Top 5 player in Michigan last year. I heard he is stopping by Ann Arbor today and we may get another QB to add to the stable. It would be nice to get another guy that adds depth behind Mallett. I think he will commit today.

I have heard great things about Adrian Arrington. He and Super Mario are gonna be tough.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Quote:
Damn JM .. why so sour towards the SEC ?

What did they do to you ?

Like Gunna said , in my OG post i was referring to us producing pro players , and not winning games ...stating that we have talent , but poor coaching ,,, THATS MY ONLY POINT...

but you come in here , like you do in most of this post , and you act OFFENDED because we didn't mention that the PAC-10 put more players in the hall of fame since 1885 ...

thats absurd

and 3.1 - 1.6 per conference in the Hall ?? dude you're reaching.......

i guess next you are going to compare pensions of former players , and lifetime charitable contributions from the Pac -10 and SEC right ?? Or average merit awards per marching band ?

And after reading all your Pac-10 nut-hanging , whiny responses , it makes me that much more satisfied that the

MEDIOCRE 6-6 FSU Seminoles DRUG your

USC-hopes-of-a-title-destroying UCLA Bruins

In Your Backyard

Again...typical response...one that contains nothing but FLUFF...making it personal instead of referring, once again to the facts as I have presented them...

I present facts that can't be argued against...you spout nonsense about pensions? That is like..."the sky is blue"...and I respond with "no, it's not...fire is hot"...what does one have to do with the other?

Quote:
counting and I will do it again...

Quote:
thats absurd
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
[email protected]

The reason why it can be argued that the SEC is the best conference is because there is more parity. In the Pac 10, USC has won twice as many championships as the next closest team which is UCLA. Alabama has won the most championships in the SEC, but there are 2 other teams that have within half of what Alabama has won. USC has won or shared the last 5 championships. If it's such a great conference in terms of depth and good teams, why can't anyone knock them off the top?

Rivals is saying that Nick Perry a 4* DE/OLB from Detroit has commited. Scout is saying that Michigan leads for him but has not commited and will take sme official visits. Perry was in Ann Arbor by himself so he doesn't really have the go ahead that many get from family members to commit. I think that he may sit on it and maybe drop this weekend.

Steven Threet was a BIG pickup for us. He is a great insurance policy if something happens to Mallett down the line. He didn't like what was going on with the GT offense and decided to talk to Gailey and have him let him out. He was the #2 down there so he has the makings to push people for the starting job. I think he is gonna be on Malletts heels for the entire time they are there.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

Quote:
This is the year for Arizona. Anything less than eight wins would be disappointing. It's not there with USC and Cal, but on paper, the Wildcats are better than any other Pac-10 program. At this point, it's no longer about lack of talent or depth; it's about being mentally strong enough.

This season is also about Mike Stoops. Over the last three seasons he has spoken with confidence about his ability to produce results. In terms of fellow Football Bowl Subdivision coaches, he's perhaps the most honest in dealing with the press. It's a commendable quality, not only with the media but with Joe Fan, who appreciates the lack of Coachspeak and clichs.

However, the curtain is rising in Tucson, outside of a handful of fifth-year seniors, the roster was recruited and signed by Stoops. Three seasons is more than enough time in the Pac-10 to turn a program around, just look at Pete Carroll and Jeff Tedford.

Final word: Arizona is among the surprise teams in the country and including a New Year's Day bowl game, the Wildcats win 10 games and place third in the conference.
insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/news/story?id=2917985 :pimp:
pimp.gif
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Frank Gore = 2,000 yards in 2007​

Quote:
Saban: Tide should play Notre Dame

Saban: Tide should play Notre Dame
Posted by Birmingham News staff July 11, 2007 1:41 PM

Nick Saban admits some fans may think he's crazy.

But the new University of Alabama football coach has a scheduling philosophy that he believes in. And it includes his team playing one big-time, high-interest intersectional game per year.

"I'd like to play Notre Dame," Saban said during a question-and- answer period following Wednesday's speech to a packed room of members of the Rotary Club of Birmingham. "We played them three times at Michigan State and beat them three times. That was a great national game, it creates fan interest and TV will always jump on those games."

Among the other teams he'd like to schedule, Saban named North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Penn State, and Oklahoma.

The Crimson Tide does have Penn State and Georgia Tech in home-and-home series on its future schedules, along with Florida State (at a neutral site ) this season.

Ian R. Rapoport

well nick saban wants to play notre dame.. i say bring it on, i think those could be some great games in a couple years...
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Call Mack Brown while you're at it Nick. This guy needs to learn how to schedule a high-profile game.

Heads up to the other football starved heads...

The 2nd half of the 2003 Fiesta Bowl just started on ESPN Classic.

The 2006 Rose Bowl is on next at 5 EST.

ya been watching the 2003 Fiesta Bowl from the start.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!

I read Nick Perry said "I would like to committ to Michigan" but has yet to officially do so. I expect a committ from him within the next week, even though it will be a soft, as he intends to make visits elsewhere.
DETROIT TIGERS
#3 Gary Sheffield

Purdues offense is gonna be back to their old tricks of hanging 35+ every week. Too bad their D will be bunk as hell.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

Back
Top Bottom