Real talk, lol whats the point of jumping "fresh" if you're not on a date or conducting business?

I got a lot of nice clothes. It's never an issue for me. I could be dressed down but still rocking a brand new polo hoody and some nice kicks.

I got a lot of nice clothes. It's never an issue for me. I could be dressed down but still rocking a brand new polo hoody and some nice kicks.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

most of the people I know with major money don't think about clothes all that much. 
This. A lot of "rich" people who I know don't really care about what they wear. I guess they just let the money/high-salary career speak for itself instead of the "dress to impress" method. The rich ones who do spend money spend it quite a lot.
laugh.gif
...I thought $400 for a Louis Vuitton wallet was a lot until I saw my aunt's $40,000 Hermes bag.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why do people try to convince themselves that they dress for themselves? You wear what you think is in style, not what you chose is in style. You dudes dress to look good for others.
And this. It's funny how most people deny it because they think it's a bad thing, but it's not. Everyone wants a higher self image/status. Who doesn't want to look good and impress others?

most of the people I know with major money don't think about clothes all that much. 
This. A lot of "rich" people who I know don't really care about what they wear. I guess they just let the money/high-salary career speak for itself instead of the "dress to impress" method. The rich ones who do spend money spend it quite a lot.
laugh.gif
...I thought $400 for a Louis Vuitton wallet was a lot until I saw my aunt's $40,000 Hermes bag.
laugh.gif

Why do people try to convince themselves that they dress for themselves? You wear what you think is in style, not what you chose is in style. You dudes dress to look good for others.
And this. It's funny how most people deny it because they think it's a bad thing, but it's not. Everyone wants a higher self image/status. Who doesn't want to look good and impress others?

well, i aint gonna lie man....

but if you just "look good" then you're "Fresh" in whatever the hell you got on.

i mean im not one to brag, but ive thrown on some dusty lebrons, some cargo shorts and a dingy black AAA tshirt and get asked why did i get dressed up to go to target.
its all about your looks and swag. clothes are like 1/5th of the whole lookin fly speil.
some cats on here (i aint sayin names) no matter WHAT they wear, still have a bad day clothing wise cause you gots a irregular body shape and face even tho the whole fit is polo and gucci with
the straw woven fedora by hopi indians.

well, i aint gonna lie man....

but if you just "look good" then you're "Fresh" in whatever the hell you got on.

i mean im not one to brag, but ive thrown on some dusty lebrons, some cargo shorts and a dingy black AAA tshirt and get asked why did i get dressed up to go to target.
its all about your looks and swag. clothes are like 1/5th of the whole lookin fly speil.
some cats on here (i aint sayin names) no matter WHAT they wear, still have a bad day clothing wise cause you gots a irregular body shape and face even tho the whole fit is polo and gucci with
the straw woven fedora by hopi indians.

Have good hygiene and you can still be naturally fresh.
Wear a fitted t-shirt (not a bro ed hardy status, or a dress looking xxxxl white tee), jeans and decent shoes.

You can still meet people (be it for dates or conducting business).

Have good hygiene and you can still be naturally fresh.
Wear a fitted t-shirt (not a bro ed hardy status, or a dress looking xxxxl white tee), jeans and decent shoes.

You can still meet people (be it for dates or conducting business).

I have a friend who dresses up wherever he goes and he said it's to impress people. I don't there's anything wrong with that but when you're getting fly for a trip to wal mart it's getting a bit ridiculous.

I have a friend who dresses up wherever he goes and he said it's to impress people. I don't there's anything wrong with that but when you're getting fly for a trip to wal mart it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

so people can't like the shoes and wear them for them
What looks good is defined by trends. You don't create trends. You wear things that are trendy. So you don't do it for yourself. People do it for attention. That is what fashion is about. "Look at me."
not entirely true, there's been plenty of times where i got fully dressed and didn't even leave the house.  and when i say fully dressed i just mean like a polo shirt, jeans and shoes

i appreciate when people like what i'm wearing but it's just a plus, i'm gonna wear it whether they like it or not.  as other people have stated, you can pull chicks wearing anything, so i might as well wear what i like, right?

no different from me making my bed and keeping my place looking nice, i live by myself and NO ONE will notice.  i rarely have company, just a chick every now and then

plus, i've heard chicks around me say that they like when men wear specific items of clothing, i've never went and started wearing said clothes based off their likes, i'm a grown $%^ man

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

so people can't like the shoes and wear them for them
What looks good is defined by trends. You don't create trends. You wear things that are trendy. So you don't do it for yourself. People do it for attention. That is what fashion is about. "Look at me."
not entirely true, there's been plenty of times where i got fully dressed and didn't even leave the house.  and when i say fully dressed i just mean like a polo shirt, jeans and shoes

i appreciate when people like what i'm wearing but it's just a plus, i'm gonna wear it whether they like it or not.  as other people have stated, you can pull chicks wearing anything, so i might as well wear what i like, right?

no different from me making my bed and keeping my place looking nice, i live by myself and NO ONE will notice.  i rarely have company, just a chick every now and then

plus, i've heard chicks around me say that they like when men wear specific items of clothing, i've never went and started wearing said clothes based off their likes, i'm a grown $%^ man

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

lol now dudes must have me confused, I`m not talking about dressing like a damn J.

More so just a White tee, jeans/chinos, and shoes. Throw on a nice watch and some sunglasses or something with it. Like just getting away from the whole logo and design then tryna match and crap.
Yo! You ain't Fresh to Death! 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Think of all the people who you know that do that. What is the 1 thing they have in common? Prob all making %%*@ pay and  near broke. I guarantee it. Of course you have the few exceptions here and there but most of the people I know with major money don't think about clothes all that much. 

lol I remember back when I was broke, I use to spend ALL my money on clothes and crap. Now that I make a little more money, I dont even buy clothes no more, just technology gadgets and steak and shrimp
tired.gif

This this this this.

When I was broke I stayed geared up.

Now make a little money I can care less outside of work. I have to wear a shirt and tie everyday 45-50 hours a week. So when I don't have to its hoop shorts, nike T, and Jordan flip flops and the only reason that stuff is brand name is because I like how it fits and I get it from the outlet mall.
laugh.gif

lol now dudes must have me confused, I`m not talking about dressing like a damn J.

More so just a White tee, jeans/chinos, and shoes. Throw on a nice watch and some sunglasses or something with it. Like just getting away from the whole logo and design then tryna match and crap.
Yo! You ain't Fresh to Death! 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Think of all the people who you know that do that. What is the 1 thing they have in common? Prob all making %%*@ pay and  near broke. I guarantee it. Of course you have the few exceptions here and there but most of the people I know with major money don't think about clothes all that much. 

lol I remember back when I was broke, I use to spend ALL my money on clothes and crap. Now that I make a little more money, I dont even buy clothes no more, just technology gadgets and steak and shrimp
tired.gif

This this this this.

When I was broke I stayed geared up.

Now make a little money I can care less outside of work. I have to wear a shirt and tie everyday 45-50 hours a week. So when I don't have to its hoop shorts, nike T, and Jordan flip flops and the only reason that stuff is brand name is because I like how it fits and I get it from the outlet mall.
laugh.gif

just wanted to say...
i have a favorite pair of boxer shorts. i model them for the mrs. when i get dressed in the morning, and they get shown off again later that night.

in between? nobody can tell me anything.

they're my favorite. i'm the only one that knows i'm wearing them. i could be in my best attire, or my worst. doesn't matter to me when i've got my favorite pair of boxers on. i feel amazing about what i'm wearing even if nobody else can see what it is.
*also applies to two particular pairs of socks.

i have struggled all my life to find clothes that fit me comfortably. 6-8 280 is not easy to do in this regard. so when i find something that works for me, i get it, and i thoroughly enjoy it.

if you are worried about the clothes that you're wearing... you should be.

if you're not worried about the clothes that you're wearing, then you're not worried about the clothes that you're wearing.

just wanted to say...
i have a favorite pair of boxer shorts. i model them for the mrs. when i get dressed in the morning, and they get shown off again later that night.

in between? nobody can tell me anything.

they're my favorite. i'm the only one that knows i'm wearing them. i could be in my best attire, or my worst. doesn't matter to me when i've got my favorite pair of boxers on. i feel amazing about what i'm wearing even if nobody else can see what it is.
*also applies to two particular pairs of socks.

i have struggled all my life to find clothes that fit me comfortably. 6-8 280 is not easy to do in this regard. so when i find something that works for me, i get it, and i thoroughly enjoy it.

if you are worried about the clothes that you're wearing... you should be.

if you're not worried about the clothes that you're wearing, then you're not worried about the clothes that you're wearing.

You would "jump fresh" to maybe actually attract someone and get on said date.

You would "jump fresh" to maybe actually attract someone and get on said date.

Some of you remind me of Monique and her whole MO about making obesity into something cool..

If you don like to Take some time to go to a store and treat yourself to some nice shoes, a nice pair of jeans, a couple of jackets...the shoes you like or even if it's just what GQ told you is in style today, don't **+% on those who do, bottom-line a well presented man/woman >>>>> someone who really doesn't give a **+% about what they have on or their appearance. IMO******

Back
Top Bottom