Real Talk....What does one person need with more then 100 million dollars?

It's a sad state of affairs but even some of the nicer billionaires had to screw some people along the way of getting their fortune and have their company survive. If everyone was "equal" that would have a whole nother set of problems though. It is what it is

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

If I was an athlete like lebron or kobe, I would find it very hard to compete at the highest level, knowing im already set for life.. Some of these rich folks are on a whole other level. Money means nothing. Power, influence, recognition is what they want..
Dude, a lot of NBA players actually like to play basketball. I'm sure they'd play for even a fair salary in the D-League or overseas. You don't go through that much hard work and pain just for money, there's passion there
Hell there's probably a number of them who'd play for free. 

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

If I was an athlete like lebron or kobe, I would find it very hard to compete at the highest level, knowing im already set for life.. Some of these rich folks are on a whole other level. Money means nothing. Power, influence, recognition is what they want..
Dude, a lot of NBA players actually like to play basketball. I'm sure they'd play for even a fair salary in the D-League or overseas. You don't go through that much hard work and pain just for money, there's passion there
Hell there's probably a number of them who'd play for free. 

My thing is honestly if you had 10 million in the bank, your future generations would be straight if you manage your money correctly.

I honestly wouldnt even want my future generations to live a cake walk. Id more so have it where they wouldnt have to pay a dime for school, and let them carve their own destiny. But hey thats just me smh

My thing is honestly if you had 10 million in the bank, your future generations would be straight if you manage your money correctly.

I honestly wouldnt even want my future generations to live a cake walk. Id more so have it where they wouldnt have to pay a dime for school, and let them carve their own destiny. But hey thats just me smh

But if you had millions you really would be fine with being rich? Wealth last. Being rich doesn't. I wish I had that Johnson and Johnson money.

But if you had millions you really would be fine with being rich? Wealth last. Being rich doesn't. I wish I had that Johnson and Johnson money.

Originally Posted by Kramer

It's a sad state of affairs but even some of the nicer billionaires had to screw some people along the way of getting their fortune and have their company survive. If everyone was "equal" that would have a whole nother set of problems though. It is what it is

my thing is for every Billion a dude makes, he could give 100 million dollars to something and not even feel it. But still its their money, and I aint mad at em, It just amazes me. Even someone who makes 500k a year, thats still a butt load of money, and they cry about being taxed more? Idk like I said its their money.

my thing is for every Billion a dude makes, he could give 100 million dollars to something and not even feel it. But still its their money, and I aint mad at em, It just amazes me. Even someone who makes 500k a year, thats still a butt load of money, and they cry about being taxed more? Idk like I said its their money.

I get what you are saying no doubt. And i def agree that some of these CEO's are taking advantage of others to get there and then not giving back.... BUT what CEO makes hundreds of millions a year?

Btw, Sardar Biglari...next breed.

I get what you are saying no doubt. And i def agree that some of these CEO's are taking advantage of others to get there and then not giving back.... BUT what CEO makes hundreds of millions a year?

Btw, Sardar Biglari...next breed.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I wont speak on the hundreds of millions issue but 500k isnt a ton of money you are living comfortably but you arent just doing whatever you want and after taxes you are you are down to 300K.  The money isnt really the issue though it where does it end when the top 20% are paying 80% of the taxes and 50% of the population pays no taxes that is already far from fair and a good majority of the wealthiest people hardly pay any taxes ie Warren Buffet that is why he is for higher taxes because all his earnings are from dividends which are taxed at 15% where he only takes a salary of less than 200K. Where does it end and when is enough enough.

I wont speak on the hundreds of millions issue but 500k isnt a ton of money you are living comfortably but you arent just doing whatever you want and after taxes you are you are down to 300K.  The money isnt really the issue though it where does it end when the top 20% are paying 80% of the taxes and 50% of the population pays no taxes that is already far from fair and a good majority of the wealthiest people hardly pay any taxes ie Warren Buffet that is why he is for higher taxes because all his earnings are from dividends which are taxed at 15% where he only takes a salary of less than 200K. Where does it end and when is enough enough.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Lets be real bro, I mean if I`m making 300k AFTER taxes, and lets say my wife is bringing in anywhere from 40-80k, you telling me I couldnt do anything I want? Like seriously some things arent a need, but we as Americans feel entitled to them. If I make 300k After Taxes, I can buy me a nice home in a good neighborhood, and pay for my children to go to a good state school (even though Id be hoping they earn academic scholarship), And I could buy a good car. I mean to some they feel if they make 300k they MUST drive a BMW or something, but like I said, its their money but to see them cry and whine about whats fair is sometimes
indifferent.gif

Lets be real bro, I mean if I`m making 300k AFTER taxes, and lets say my wife is bringing in anywhere from 40-80k, you telling me I couldnt do anything I want? Like seriously some things arent a need, but we as Americans feel entitled to them. If I make 300k After Taxes, I can buy me a nice home in a good neighborhood, and pay for my children to go to a good state school (even though Id be hoping they earn academic scholarship), And I could buy a good car. I mean to some they feel if they make 300k they MUST drive a BMW or something, but like I said, its their money but to see them cry and whine about whats fair is sometimes
indifferent.gif

Its all relative man. Dont know how much you are making now but the avg household is like 40-50K then 500K seems like a lot but when you are in a higher tax bracket everything goes up in cost. HOA fees, the upkeep on your home and cars, a 2nd mortgage on a vacation home, paying back hundreds of thousands in loan for higher education ( I speak from personal experience) etc etc etc 300K can be spent in a blink of an eye.

Its all relative man. Dont know how much you are making now but the avg household is like 40-50K then 500K seems like a lot but when you are in a higher tax bracket everything goes up in cost. HOA fees, the upkeep on your home and cars, a 2nd mortgage on a vacation home, paying back hundreds of thousands in loan for higher education ( I speak from personal experience) etc etc etc 300K can be spent in a blink of an eye.

but arent some of those cost brought on by choice? For instance sure you can afford to move into a million dollar home and pay on it, but if someone that made 300k after Taxes moved into a 300-500k home, drove a 2011 Toyota, and sent their kid to lets say a good instate school (ie lets say GA Tech), would life be that hard? Once again THEY DONT HAVE to do these things, nor am I suggesting they should, but if they did, couldnt they live pretty good and have alot of money still? Because I pretty much described how someone who makes 80k lives.

I think at that point you're just stacking and leaving behind a legacy.

It would take hard work to blow that kind of dough.

And all of your future generations should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom