Real Talk....What does one person need with more then 100 million dollars?

Frugality is the Foundation of Wealth

No one on this earth NEEDS $100 million USD/GBP/EUR. I will never knock them for accumulating that much wealth tho.

The whole $300k isn't a lot of money argument is hog wash.. Sure, it's not a lot if you're trying to maintain an affluent lifestyle and keep up with the jones's, but compared to every single wealth statistic in America you're doing it extremely big as far as income goes. From NYC to San Fran and every po dunk town or metropolis in between $300k a year to "live" is a lot of f'n money I don't care how you cut it.

Originally Posted by scshift

Well there's only two things I'd do if I had that much cash.

1. Buy an F22 raptor, de-weaponize it and rule the skies
pimp.gif

THIS!! And/or a Stealth Bomber
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But yea other than having a 2 military grade aircrafts
laugh.gif
, Id be WAY more than good with $100 million. As long as I can get me a 458 Italia, a nice loft in downtown Manhattan,  be able to travel and make sure my family and friends are taken care of I'd be good.

Well there's only two things I'd do if I had that much cash.

1. Buy an F22 raptor, de-weaponize it and rule the skies
pimp.gif

THIS!! And/or a Stealth Bomber
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But yea other than having a 2 military grade aircrafts
laugh.gif
, Id be WAY more than good with $100 million. As long as I can get me a 458 Italia, a nice loft in downtown Manhattan,  be able to travel and make sure my family and friends are taken care of I'd be good.

SpeakUp23 wrote:

avy is always on point
pimp.gif

i think if i had that much money i might give some away to developing cures for cancer or something cool like that. id make sure my children and their children were financially stable, but they would definitely have to earn it. you gotta work for your money to understand the true value of it and if you're just given the money it's just an object to you

SpeakUp23 wrote:

avy is always on point
pimp.gif

i think if i had that much money i might give some away to developing cures for cancer or something cool like that. id make sure my children and their children were financially stable, but they would definitely have to earn it. you gotta work for your money to understand the true value of it and if you're just given the money it's just an object to you

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

No one on this earth NEEDS $100 million USD/GBP/EUR. I will never knock them for accumulating that much wealth tho.

The whole $300k isn't a lot of money argument is hog wash.. Sure, it's not a lot if you're trying to maintain an affluent lifestyle and keep up with the jones's, but compared to every single wealth statistic in America you're doing it extremely big as far as income goes. From NYC to San Fran and every po dunk town or metropolis in between $300k a year to "live" is a lot of f'n money I don't care how you cut it.

$300K  household income is in the top 1-3%... But still not the type of financial security that lasts a life time.. Blink of an eye could still all be gone even at that amount....

But you are mostly correct, as a person who grew up on the lower middle class to middle class edge.. If my parents were pulling in $300K, my childhood would have been
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

$300K  household income is in the top 1-3%... But still not the type of financial security that lasts a life time.. Blink of an eye could still all be gone even at that amount....

But you are mostly correct, as a person who grew up on the lower middle class to middle class edge.. If my parents were pulling in $300K, my childhood would have been
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

$300K  household income is in the top 1-3%...

laugh.gif
That's so far from the truth it's ridiculous.

To the OP. Money isn't just a means to purchase goods. It's symbolic as well. It's a sign of success, power, and the like.

laugh.gif

To the OP. Money isn't just a means to purchase goods. It's symbolic as well. It's a sign of success, power, and the like.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Originally Posted by mholmes87

It's never enough, we are naturally greedy.

Honestly I could never have enough money -shrugs

Not sure I agree.
laugh.gif
 If anyone on this board was offered $200 Million on the condition they couldn't earn any more for the rest of their life, they'd take it. Unless your name is Dey Know Yayo, that's what's real. 

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Originally Posted by mholmes87

It's never enough, we are naturally greedy.

Honestly I could never have enough money -shrugs

Not sure I agree.
laugh.gif
 If anyone on this board was offered $200 Million on the condition they couldn't earn any more for the rest of their life, they'd take it. Unless your name is Dey Know Yayo, that's what's real. 

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

If I was an athlete like lebron or kobe, I would find it very hard to compete at the highest level, knowing im already set for life.. Some of these rich folks are on a whole other level. Money means nothing. Power, influence, recognition is what they want..
Dude, a lot of NBA players actually like to play basketball. I'm sure they'd play for even a fair salary in the D-League or overseas. You don't go through that much hard work and pain just for money, there's passion there

Maybe it's like that in the NBA but it makes me sick seeing NFL players cry about not getting enough, then theres the biggest joke of a sport in Baseball....and when then those dudes complain about their multi-million dollar contracts not being enough it gets me heated

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

If I was an athlete like lebron or kobe, I would find it very hard to compete at the highest level, knowing im already set for life.. Some of these rich folks are on a whole other level. Money means nothing. Power, influence, recognition is what they want..
Dude, a lot of NBA players actually like to play basketball. I'm sure they'd play for even a fair salary in the D-League or overseas. You don't go through that much hard work and pain just for money, there's passion there

Maybe it's like that in the NBA but it makes me sick seeing NFL players cry about not getting enough, then theres the biggest joke of a sport in Baseball....and when then those dudes complain about their multi-million dollar contracts not being enough it gets me heated

Originally Posted by KingJames23

laugh.gif

grin.gif
 You sure about that.........................

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/cpstables/032010/hhinc/new05_000.htm

(Top 5 percent  lower limit was $180,000 household income)

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/cpstables/032010/hhinc/new06_000.htm
(The 97.9819  percentile  equaled drumroll please...................................  $250,000 household income or more..)

Originally Posted by KingJames23

laugh.gif

grin.gif
 You sure about that.........................

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/cpstables/032010/hhinc/new05_000.htm

(Top 5 percent  lower limit was $180,000 household income)

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/cpstables/032010/hhinc/new06_000.htm
(The 97.9819  percentile  equaled drumroll please...................................  $250,000 household income or more..)

Back
Top Bottom