Recommend ONE dope album to NT

uglytruth_LRG.jpg

One of the best and most slept on albums of '08

Originally Posted by BIGTEEZY

Wow Joe, I totally just forgot MPP came out in January. I thought it was late 08.

I dont kno man its pretty close, Im a huge Animal Collective fan, but there is just something about Veckatimest.

BTW, Im pretty sure you posted in my Animal Collective post a while back, and the show in Oakland was sooooo dope. The Fox Theater was the best place they could have played. I was actually sober for this show (which is rare) and I really felt like I was on drugs. The lights were nuts.

yeah i mean both are great albums, can't got wrong with either one. i prefer mmp though, for one it feels more layered than veck and a little moreinteresting IMO . i'm dying to see animal collective live, still haven't gotten the chance.

Prodigy+-+The+Fat+Of+The+Land+FRONT.jpg

The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land

What some reviewers said on cdnow.com

Prodigy's music in The Fat of the Land portrays several scapes of electronica wrapped with traces of heavy metal and hip hop breakbeats. This CD shows just how talented Prodigy can really be. It is a complete representation of the mind, body, and soul that can be found in Electronic music.

The Fat Of The Land boasts ten tracks of fast-paced, hyper, adrenaline-fuelled anthems; a mish mash of Techno, Heavy Metal, Dance and Electronica. Critics were not quite sure what to make of this album, because it was unlike anything that preceded it. Definitely ground-breaking, but not quite a perfect album.

It's not quite as underground as a lot of these albums posted, but Devin's fist album The Dude is one of my favorite albums of all time.

200th post
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Everyday People: What You Need Ep Vol. Dope

2rdu3h0.jpg

1. Check In 2:56

2. Everyday yo 2:25

3. dindi 2:17

4. Shook UP 3:51

5. nut'n Lik da real 2:00

6. Ain't My 1:56

7. T.W.I.T.H 4:25

8. The Cookie 1:51

9. Sax all nite 1:33

10. Thanks I get 2:47

11. What Ya'll Need 2:15

12. Being Myself 2:05

wow, some really nice stuff in here!

i might get made fun of for this, but i don't even care. tori amos is one of my favorite artists of all time. i think part of it is because i play piano. a lot of people don't "get" her, but i think she's a genius. it took a while to decide which of her albums to recommend, but i finallydecided on this one:

1f08024128a010dec2b9e010.L.jpg

do yourself a favor and check out any of these songs from tori:

silent all these years
winter
pretty good year
baker baker
icicle
yes, anastasia
marianne
hey jupiter

she obviously appeals to women more than men, but if you can get over that, i think some of you might be surprised.

the-velvet-underground-and-nico.jpg

Velvet Underground & Nico

Revolutionary album, largely ignored when it was released but now universally recognized as one of the most influential releases in rock music history.

Oh yeah, it's pretty good too.

^ is that the original cover? mine has a glacier or something on it... and it's blue. maybe it's a reissue.

519A8TG546L.jpg

Belle & Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister.

Spoiler [+]
I highly doubt that anyone is actually looking into these non-rap recommendations.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by woody2626

Brand New-The devil and God are raging inside me

Their 3rd album, however i think Deja Entendu is their best so far
I absolutely love Brand New.

Great choice!

Back
Top Bottom