Reebok 2010 ~ Twilight Zone, Court Victory (OG c/w)

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

another gross (imo) collabo for the reebok heads to salivate over... this time in the form of the twilight zone sneaker.

espionage x twilight zone

ESPIONAGE2.jpg

info courtesy of hanon

Holy crap those are awful. I see Reebok has been taking lessons from JB on how to ruin a classic with a horrid new colorway.

for anyone interested, i did a quick comparison of the 2000 vs. 2007 vs. 2009 "dee brown" omni lite colorway retros.

check the dee brown omni lite thread.

Good comp ^^^^ I owned the 2000's but none of the releases to follow. The 2000 release was much more substantial and comfortable but also more bulky

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

for anyone interested, i did a quick comparison of the 2000 vs. 2007 vs. 2009 "dee brown" omni lite colorway retros.

check the dee brown omni lite thread.

Great pics, Holler.  Thanks.

I was already disliking my 07's (08's?) because they aren't Omni Zone II's and seeing the detail differences make me dislike 'em even more.

I tend to just think of them as a nice colorway of Pumps. Otherwise, I'd just dismiss them as what they really are: Lites trying to pose as Zone II's.  And I really want the Zone II's!!!

I want.
From KATC... 
http://www.kixandthecity.com/reebok-pump-court-victory-michael-chang-retros/

Though many of us equate the Reebok Pump legacy with Dee Brown and his iconic no look dunk in the Slam Dunk Championship, we can not forget Michael Chang's classic Reebok Court Victory Pump line. A dominant Tennis player in the 90s, Chang's Reebok Pump Court Victory line was the opposite of Brown's line in terms of color makeup. Where Brown's line was based in Black, Orange and White, Chang's line fit in with the brighter colors that were typical of the 90s palette.

After lying dormant for a minute, Reebok is set to retro two OG Michael Chang Reebok Court Victory Pumps including the White/Green/Neon colorway and the White/Blue/Orange colorway. Both colorways are popping up at select Reebok accounts now.

mbtiiw.jpg

9s6yw7.jpg

1zn6edz.jpg

21l6ebk.jpg

2mg4ebm.jpg

20fak5y.jpg

10ykz2f.jpg

^^^ just saw that too.. time to make some calls... however, I am broke at the moment ;[ but knowing my spots (if they get them in) they'll be sitting for a pretty minuto. 2 Pairs to keep DS until the summer :] . I remember wanting a Prince tennis racket just cause I saw Chang use it lol (this was after i couldnt get the Wilson 6.0 that Sampras had)

Originally Posted by CalibaStresz

I remember wanting a Prince tennis racket just cause I saw Chang use it lol (this was after i couldnt get the Wilson 6.0 that Sampras had)
Prince (Original) Graphite FTW baby!  Affectionately known as POG 
smokin.gif

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it has been discontinued. 

Agassi Played with the Original Graphite oversize too all his time in juniors and into his breakthrough on the pro tour...untill he later signed a contract w/ donnay and eventually head. But the specs on all his racquets were essentially the the same as the POG...Gotta love Andre

Glad to see the changs coming back... Those were the first pair of pumps I owned when i was a kid... got em on clearence
roll.gif
Only way pops was springing for it!  Also rarebreed I totally agree with you.  I bought the 07s and then saw them again and was like come on now.  Oh well starting see nike do it to... for example eggplants.

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs WTB LEBRON PEs 12, 12.5 
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

Originally Posted by 2ColdCrew88

Agassi Played with the Original Graphite oversize too all his time in juniors and into his breakthrough on the pro tour...untill he later signed a contract w/ donnay and eventually head. But the specs on all his racquets were essentially the the same as the POG...Gotta love Andre
I'm getting totally off-topic here, but hey you started it! 
wink.gif

You're right... when he switched to Donnay, he used the Pro-One for him, which is almost identical to the POG (minus the stabilizing cross-bar).  Don't remember if Donnay specifically made that racket for him though.  I'm speculating here, but I think Donnay originally wanted Agassi to play with the Ultimate Pro (a wide body racket), but I guess he didn't like it...

57311896.jpg

and ended up sticking with the Pro-One.  

ANYWAY.  Michael with the Court Victory's and POG.

1241287.jpg
310320.jpg

Ya Andre made the move to Donnay thanks to Coach bollettieri who was able to get andre the endorsement...at first andre was not happy at all with his donnay frame and even took some of his POG's and had them put donnay stencils on them...(which didnt fool anyone and he got in trouble for). I believe at that point Donnay set out to modify the Pro-One atleast on andre's specific frame to have specs almost identical to his old Prince's. I even have a picture of andre practicing with a blacked out POG and head stencil late in his career long after his days with donnay or prince. At the time he was playing with one of the head radical racquets. I dont really know the story behind that one.

But to get back to the topic of the Court Victoy pump's, does anybody know if/when they will hit retailers and will they be available at places like Finishline/Eastbay/Footlocker???

^ Yeah it was from the 98 Wimbledon... I think he was just trying out a blacked-out Head prototype, which had the throat crossbar stabilizer... he later went back to his regular stick...
51657256.jpg

Anyway... who remembers this commercial?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

�^ Yeah it was from the 98 Wimbledon... I think he was just trying out a blacked-out Head prototype, which had the throat crossbar stabilizer... he later went back to his regular stick...
51657256.jpg

Anyway... who remembers this commercial?
pimp.gif

��
Dope and as much as i love the Chang's I think Agassi's rock n roll tennis had them beat 

Figured I'd contribute another picture of Andre with what I now know to be the head prototype.
Also, how do the victory pumps fit?? how do they compare to other pumps...I know my dee brown Omni Lite's seem to run really big, there normal everywhere but the toebox where they seem to be extra long. Any help appreciated.
e4d150e7f24028a4d95032eb07533c24dc9d165.pjpg

I know its a long shot but Twilights still on any websites or is that auction site going to be my best bet? 

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs WTB LEBRON PEs 12, 12.5 
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

Can anybody help me with the sizing of the Court Victory Pump...how might they fit in comparison to Omni pumps.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

court victory's run small go a half size up
yep, i've experienced the same with older OG colorway retros

EXCEPT with my voltron pack court victorys, they run about a half size larger.

Just got my pair of Twilight Zones and must say I'm a bit disappointed. I after being so excited I could hardly sit still, like a little kid, I get the package, open them up and starting pumping away only to discover they are not full bladder. Then looking more closely start seeing all the differences. For me it's the little (and not so little) things that make all the difference. For example, the heel area height and shape are different. The basketball pump design is different. The printing instead of embroidery on the tongue. The colour of the pump. The lack of highlight colour surrounding the "Reebok" lettering on the side. It all ads up and I have to admit I'm quite disappointed by this retro.

I really don't understand why so many people in this thread are saying Reebok did it right and is so much better at retroing than Nike. I find it quite a poor retro, especially with the lack of full bladder pump system. I feel more of us should more vocal with our discontent and voice it directly to Reebok (or Nike, or whoever, for that matter) in the hopes that they'll take note and deliver us exactly what we want in the future. I forked out good money for something quite unnecessary, hoping it was going to be really special, but find it's not really what I was expecting. I don't feel I have grounds for a refund, nor do I want to lose shipping fees, but honestly, I might have skipped them had I known they weren't full bladder systems. I hope I don't sound petty but it's how I feel and I wonder if anyone else happens to agree with me?

Question: do you think sneaker companies have to "re-tool" to produce retros? Or use the original tooling? I really can't get my head around why retros are so often so different from OGs...

I wonder about why there are differences as well, new machines? No availability of certain materials? I do agree while I love the shoes there are some more differences then I originally noticed. I do love the OG retro still I think that turned out nice. If they retro the Fury it better be spot on....

Is anyone familier with the ebay seller OHMYLAN or possibly now known as Tony Mushroom? I haven't bought from them but for a long time have believed them to be a genuine seller. Anyway, they are selling the retro Twilight Zones and I emailed him through ebay to ask if they were full foot or tongue chamber and they replied specifically that they are full-foot WITH heel chamber. Are they trying to to the dodgy with me or else something else at play...?

Hm, and he is sure that it is full foot? I don't think he would confuse a retro for an OG Twilight.... I thought the retro was only tongue was (at least mine is and everybody on here). Hopefully one of the Godfathers of the Pump come in here with more info......

Back
Top Bottom