Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

As far as DMX being in the shoe, I contacted my RBK rep the moment i heard there was no DMX. The big part to me was no DMX...NO $150, Rbk confirmed there was DMX.

As far as Reebok making PERFORMANCE BBALL shoes, I was just talking to Reebok, they made it clear they did not shut down their perf bball division,... You will see kicks on court next season.. Maybe even some teasers in the Finals.. But def they got some decent shoes.. Me personally, i dont wanna hoop in my red toe questions, they got a performance model to hoop in that makes me feel like im hooping in my questions.... Yall will understand more later.

-Fresh

As far as DMX being in the shoe, I contacted my RBK rep the moment i heard there was no DMX. The big part to me was no DMX...NO $150, Rbk confirmed there was DMX.

As far as Reebok making PERFORMANCE BBALL shoes, I was just talking to Reebok, they made it clear they did not shut down their perf bball division,... You will see kicks on court next season.. Maybe even some teasers in the Finals.. But def they got some decent shoes.. Me personally, i dont wanna hoop in my red toe questions, they got a performance model to hoop in that makes me feel like im hooping in my questions.... Yall will understand more later.

-Fresh

Nightwing just posted an update video saying that there is DMX, but that it just needs to be broken in. I'm gonna cop a pair today. I'm sure they will drop in price, but I'm not gonna let them slip this time. I'm gonna take the $20 off coupon and also use that...

The shoes are named the reebok answer dmx 10 I'm sure there is dmx in the shoe :lol:
May not be the "OG" dmx since everyone suddenly either owns or remembers what the dmx felt like in this shoe a decade ago but the shoes are damn comfortable. No ifs, ands, or buts :lol:

Last edited:
Nightwing just posted an update video saying that there is DMX, but that it just needs to be broken in.

nightwing is delusional

May not be the "OG" dmx since everyone suddenly either owns or remembers what the dmx felt like in this shoe a decade ago but the shoes are damn comfortable.

shoes do not have to have dmx in them to be comfortable. there is no dmx in them.

I know what they feel like ive worn all my answers in the past year. the air flow from heel to toe in my answer 1's isnt as strong as the days i bought them but its stlll there. the answer 2 have a better floating feel and have aged the worse as far as dmx probably because its labeled dmx lite. my 3's as shown above feel excellent like i just bought um yesterday. My iv's are the most comfortable still with working dmx and my v's have the least dmx feel of all the answers and terrible laces that come un done.

for them to label them the dmx 10 is just dumb because there is no dmx 10 in them. they could label some other form of cushioning dmx but it still wont be dmx 10 as labeled on the box.

Reebok just needs to go back to hexalite if they ever want to get their basketball department back to performing well.

make it more thicker and durable. the kamikaze 2 has excellent hexalite in them

nightwing is delusional
shoes do not have to have dmx in them to be comfortable. there is no dmx in them.

I know what they feel like ive worn all my answers in the past year. the air flow from heel to toe in my answer 1's isnt as strong as the days i bought them but its stlll there. the answer 2 have a better floating feel and have aged the worse as far as dmx probably because its labeled dmx lite. my 3's as shown above feel excellent like i just bought um yesterday. My iv's are the most comfortable still with working dmx and my v's have the least dmx feel of all the answers and terrible laces that come un done.

for them to label them the dmx 10 is just dumb because there is no dmx 10 in them. they could label some other form of cushioning dmx but it still wont be dmx 10 as labeled on the box.

Reebok just needs to go back to hexalite if they ever want to get their basketball department back to performing well.

make it more thicker and durable. the kamikaze 2 has excellent hexalite in them

What did you think about the Hexalite in the Question retros of 2012/2013? It was hard to tell when I tried them on at the store, but I thought I could feel a bag of some sort in the heel, so in copped the Georgetowns. They feel like they have better cushioning than the 2009 retro, but the bag isn't as noticeable and squishy as the 2003 Questions (with the gold chain).

well i guess youll miss out on this release. every retro sneaker sells out on release day. that following week random sizes pop up and disapper quickly.if u want that kind of stress and frustration have at it

You must not have checked out the Answer IV retro because those are sitting on shelves for a good price now...

I know a lot of cats wanted these for a minute, so I'm shocked they're still sitting. If they get marked down I may consider copping since my Shaqs and Kamikazes **** on recent JB release comfort wise.

well i guess youll miss out on this release. every retro sneaker sells out on release day. that following week random sizes pop up and disapper quickly.if u want that kind of stress and frustration have at it

Release day huh? U do know they are out already? Fsr everywhere.

Oooooh damn!!!!!

Eastbay is letting u do the 20% off on em!

Thats because there is no DMX 10 in them I do not know what the hell you people think you are feeling...

The reebok answer 1 currently in stores does not have dmx in them.

The hype or something got you feeling imaginary dmx 10 or what??? :lol:

you guys must have not had any og answers 1 thru 5 or else you would know what dmx feels like

I own answer 1 through 5 og and the answer 1 currently in stores feels like NONE of them. no dmx lite, no dmx 10, no I pak, none...

Speaking of OG answers i found the best georgetown color answers of all time in my garage and wore them to see star trek the other day. DUDE, the dmx still worked! god i love shoes with leather sockliners... these things were so comfy and NO shock pad insole either..

View media item 432290
damn near shed a tear after finding them :lol:

Those are the best balling Iversons, period. I bought them back in the day from Champs on sale for 49.99 for my 8th grade bball season, same colorway...heaven on feet

Here are more pictures of my poorly made pair.
Sorry to see that.
mean.gif

WHAT is Reebok doing?! I know there's a lot of debate on the actual DMX issue in here and whatnot (for the record, I was on the side of not purchasing since it was missing, but if you disagree to each their own. Would never knock anyone who didn't care, just as I don't think I should be knocked for caring), then there's all this sizing stuff about having to go down in size 1/2-full size, PLUS we've seen numerous instances of craftsmanship that should have never, ever passed QA.

As recently as a year or two ago, when I heard Reebok was going to drop a few of it's classic lines from the Kamikaze to the Shaq-line to these, I would have applauded Reebok's decision. When you are at where they are in the food chain right now, mistakes like this are just UNACCEPTABLE. 

It's downright hilarious in some instances.

Hope you don't have an issue getting your money back or another pair man. Wow. That must be a hassle. If those came straight from Reebok's site, you should barter for at least some free socks or some ish to make up for the time it took you to deal with this! 
laugh.gif

I remember I bought these as a joke back in the day at a Reebok outlet for 19.99, and I must say these were the absolute most comfortable basketball shoe I have ever worn. I won't pay near full price now because I still think they are ugly... but as far as comfort these are top notch. 

Sorry to see that.
mean.gif

WHAT is Reebok doing?! I know there's a lot of debate on the actual DMX issue in here and whatnot (for the record, I was on the side of not purchasing since it was missing, but if you disagree to each their own. Would never knock anyone who didn't care, just as I don't think I should be knocked for caring), then there's all this sizing stuff about having to go down in size 1/2-full size, PLUS we've seen numerous instances of craftsmanship that should have never, ever passed QA.

As recently as a year or two ago, when I heard Reebok was going to drop a few of it's classic lines from the Kamikaze to the Shaq-line to these, I would have applauded Reebok's decision. When you are at where they are in the food chain right now, mistakes like this are just UNACCEPTABLE. 

It's downright hilarious in some instances.

Hope you don't have an issue getting your money back or another pair man. Wow. That must be a hassle. If those came straight from Reebok's site, you should barter for at least some free socks or some ish to make up for the time it took you to deal with this! 
laugh.gif

A couple of things, these shoes do indeed have real full grain leather - it is quite soft and supple to the touch. However the overall craftsmanship leaves alot to be desired which is why Reebok should've priced these at least $30 lower.

The sizing issue might be due to the fact that Reebok OR the Chinese manufacturer has stripped the interior sockliner which in turn makes the real leather upper crease and fold quite badly as you guys are seeing with your pairs. So what you have is a shoe that fits too big because the interior is missing a 'component' which originally acted as a 'support' for the upper.

The pricing is incorrect on this shoe for what they've delivered but what are you guys comparing them too? NSW retro product? JB retro product? Because if that's the case - the materials on the Reebok product are far, far better because they are 'real'. JB retro product has simply not been comfortable to wear since the CDPs - I can say this because I own or have owned their '03 - '07 product. NSW retro product is tolerable only if you get the 'Premium' or 'Supreme' type releases and again that is dependent on what kind of materials they run.

The store I saw these in also had those garbage 'Black/Infra-Crimson Red' IIIs and not only did those look like knockoffs but they had 'plastic leather' or pleather and were retailing for $60 more than these joints.

These aren't a must cop @ MSRP like the Kemps or Shaqs but a 'hold off until a mark-down happens' shoe. So let them sit like the Answer IVs and grab a pair when they drop to less than $100 - the real leather is worth it.

Last edited:
A couple of things, these shoes do indeed have real full grain leather - it is quite soft and supple to the touch. However the overall craftsmanship leaves alot to be desired which is why Reebok should've priced these at least $30 lower.

The sizing issue might be due to the fact that Reebok OR the Chinese manufacturer has stripped the interior sockliner which in turn makes the real leather upper crease and fold quite badly as you guys are seeing with your pairs. So what you have is a shoe that fits too big because the interior is missing a 'component' which originally acted as a 'support' for the upper.

The pricing is incorrect on this shoe for what they've delivered but what are you guys comparing them too? NSW retro product? JB retro product? Because if that's the case - the materials on the Reebok product are far, far better because they are 'real'. JB retro product has simply not been comfortable to wear since the CDPs - I can say this because I own or have owned their '03 - '07 product. NSW retro product is tolerable only if you get the 'Premium' or 'Supreme' type releases and again that is dependent on what kind of materials they run.

The store I saw these in also had those garbage 'Black/Infra-Crimson Red' IIIs and not only did those look like knockoffs but they had 'plastic leather' or pleather and were retailing for $60 more than these joints.

These aren't a must cop @ MSRP like the Kemps or Shaqs but a 'hold off until a mark-down happens' shoe. So let them sit like the Answer IVs and grab a pair when they drop to less than $100 - the real leather is worth it.
Agree with you on the mark down part for sure, but from what I've seen would make sure I bought in-store to inspect the pair.

Back
Top Bottom