Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

$150 was too high, but realistically they only went up $25 from the originals. The questions did the same thing last year.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what all of the original colorways for the answer 3s were?

I just dissected the 10yr annis with a small kitchen knife. Will post pics when i wake up

Cliff notes: the pods ARE hollow.

I just dissected the 10yr annis with a small kitchen knife. Will post pics when i wake up

Cliff notes: the pods ARE hollow.

Meaning there is DMX in the 10th Anniversary versions...?

So far, after trying on the recent retros at the store (and hearing both Nightwing and Reebok say it), I believe there is (at least some form of) some DMX in these...

IDK if anyone else saw this, but in the most recent FNL ad, it says that these will be releasing sometime in July

In the ad, the patent leather is much shinier

Ill post pics within the next two hours.....(Laundry lol)

I had the ogs back in the day and when i took the insoles out i noticed that i could faintly see the outline of the dmx packs thru the strobel board.

When i bought the Anny retros i took the insole out but i couldnt see the packs outline

When i dissected the shoe i realized that there was a TON of foam between where the foot sits and the dmx Tech. No wonder why u cant feel it, they immersed it in a huge block of foam, its completely surrounded by an enormous Sarcaphagous of foam, not sure if the ogs were designed the same

For comparison, nike if im not mistaken will put a zoom unit inside of a foam midsole but wont put foam directly over top of the bag (unless its bottom loaded Zoom, which i dont own)

I had the ogs back in the day and when i took the insoles out i noticed that i could faintly see the outline of the dmx packs thru the strobel board.

When i bought the Anny retros i took the insole out but i couldnt see the packs outline

When i dissected the shoe i realized that there was a TON of foam between where the foot sits and the dmx Tech. No wonder why u cant feel it, they immersed it in a huge block of foam, its completely surrounded by an enormous Sarcaphagous of foam, not sure if the ogs were designed the same

For comparison, nike if im not mistaken will put a zoom unit inside of a foam midsole but wont put foam directly over top of the bag (unless its bottom loaded Zoom, which i dont own)

So, they do have it, but its immense in foam? Its nice to know they at least put the real tech in there. I wonder if that's why we can't feel it in the Answer IV retros (both retro versions)? I wonder if you could break in the foam, and then you would feel the air after a while? When I had my Answer IV retros (2012), I played in them a couple of times to see, and the shoe never improved.

With these Answer 1 retros, at least you can actually feel the DMX...

What did you think about the Hexalite in the Question retros of 2012/2013? It was hard to tell when I tried them on at the store, but I thought I could feel a bag of some sort in the heel, so in copped the Georgetowns. They feel like they have better cushioning than the 2009 retro, but the bag isn't as noticeable and squishy as the 2003 Questions (with the gold chain).

havent tried the latest questions but you are on point with the 2003 question retros :lol: thought the 2003 questions were too mushy.

reeboks insoles are far more comfortable than any other shoe company besides zoom air insoles and new balance abzorb insoles

i would have loved for them to do shockpad insole and hexalite

havent tried the latest questions but you are on point with the 2003 question retros :lol: thought the 2003 questions were too mushy.

reeboks insoles are far more comfortable than any other shoe company besides zoom air insoles and new balance abzorb insoles

i would have loved for them to do shockpad insole and hexalite

The new questions do have the shock pad insole and the hexalite, its just firmer Hexalite I believe. The georgetown questions are the most comfortable questions I have worn and I have had the 2003 retro 2009.

Last edited:
i bought some whit/red pearlized questions a few years ago from marshalls for about 35dolllars and the cushioning was rock hard. no shockpad. was wonderin if they were bgrades or whatever cuz i heard that the cushioning was at least decent. mine was not. not sure what released batch they were from (what year)

they also had some answer ivs. maybe i shoulda got those since they woulda been og cuz at that time they were only released once.

i bought some whit/red pearlized questions a few years ago from marshalls for about 35dolllars and the cushioning was rock hard. no shockpad. was wonderin if they were bgrades or whatever cuz i heard that the cushioning was at least decent. mine was not. not sure what released batch they were from (what year)

they also had some answer ivs. maybe i shoulda got those since they woulda been og cuz at that time they were only released once.

Yea, if you picked up the 2003 Questions (they were pearlized, and not suede, with the gold chain), that's the version in talking about. The heel Hexalite was mushy and soft, and that was really the only source on cushioning. Forefoot was hard, and they had no shockpad (thin insole cushioning)

I too will be waiting for that markdown lol
I hope theyll be around for awhile like the answer IVs right now

Gimme an eastbay markdown to 100 and then a 20% off code and ill be gravy haha

I always said these would be instantly copped if i could find em for 150 or less

Then this quality.......really makes me wanna wait.

2 hrs was up 2 days ago....

O Man, I had those shorts, I missed that color on shoes but got the white/reds back in the day when I played ball for HS. Which I still had.. let me see if I can find a picture. They didnt even match our schools Green/White colorway but F it!

http://blog.blacklotus9.com/blog/20...2013-reissue-black-lotus-performance-reviews/

So Black Lotus blog has a review up of the Answer 1. So far, it seems they feel the DMX is more of a responsive type of cushioning, and personally I love this because it is more suitable for todays game. Don't get me wrong, I love old school DMX (my favorite cushioning ever), but that type of cushioning would go flat quickly in todays run-and-gun style of playing. I remember my Answer IV Low DMX cushioning went flat so quickly that it would make your head spin.

I really look forward to getting a pair of these and trying them out on the hardwood, once the price drops a bit...

Was looking on eBay and a store has them for 109.99 w/free shipping , full size run.

Just search Reebok DMX 10, first thing pops up.

Back
Top Bottom