Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

Are you sure? :nerd: I remember some members back in the day on here talking about how it had the real dmx tech.

Naw, they didn't have the real DMX. Neither the Answer IV retro from 05 nor the Answer I 10th anniversary had real DMX in them. Nightwing says they did, but I've heard otherwise way too many times for years now. Plus, if they "couldn't" include it for the Answer IV (which was more popular than the Answer I), why would they just decide to put the tech in a shoe that would probably sell fewer numbers...?

It just doesn't add up why they would put it in one version vs the other. Yes, DMX-10 is different than the I-Pak, but both involved air chamber bladders...

Naw, they didn't have the real DMX. Neither the Answer IV retro from 05 nor the Answer I 10th anniversary had real DMX in them. Nightwing says they did, but I've heard otherwise way too many times for years now. Plus, if they "couldn't" include it for the Answer IV (which was more popular than the Answer I), why would they just decide to put the tech in a shoe that would probably sell fewer numbers...?

It just doesn't add up why they would put it in one version vs the other. Yes, DMX-10 is different than the I-Pak, but both involved air chamber bladders...

That's pretty damn sad.

Edit: SORRY FOR THE MULTIPLE POSTS. Computer tripped for a second.

Last edited:

That's pretty damn sad.

Had these as a kid. Anyone remember if they're tts? Sorry if it's been answered in here already.

the answer iv's were cut pretty big, anyone kno if these'll be the same way?

and since these are supposedly releasing @ footlockers, its safe to say these are GR's? dont wanna grab em on RD if its not nessessary...

Why do you guys care so much about the DMX crap? This is a classic shoe, Who cares! Yes i would like the DMX there but if its not its not, Just appreciate the shoe and be glad RBK retro'd these again.

Allen-iverson-Answer-DMX-10-.jpg

answer-dmx-10-official-may-24th-launch-detailsphotos-1-e1367510477263.jpg

mean.gif

Thanks to everyone that offered to help. Repped each of you.

@SteveKnows

I personally care because I know how comfortable the real DMX was, and I buy basketball shoes not 100% because of looks, but also because of comfort level. I (shocker!) actually play ball in a lot of the kicks I buy, so I'd just prefer to know what I'm getting into. I'm not knocking this shoe at all, you're absolutely right, it's a classic. But there are a lot of other shoes out there, so to win $150 from me, I'd like to know if you're using the same technology that made the shoe one of the most comfortable hooping shoes I played in as a youth, OR if you are selling me some imitation of that with lower quality that may not last as long or hold up.

These things are sitting anyway on the preorders, and both PYS and the other links posted had the preorder at RETAIL. Obviously I can't be the only one who is looking at that price point and wondering if it's worth it. I'll probably go somewhere and try them on after real release, and be the judge of how they feel then, regardless of what tech. But if I was going to preorder online, without even holding the shoe, I'd like to know what I'm getting.

I'm know it was posted, but now on diff page, so if anyone needs the PYS link, here it is: http://www.pickyourshoes.com/item.asp?itemname=39600

FSR up.

Just my personal opinion. To each their own for sure. If you are scooping regardless, then I wouldn't knock that in the least.

Sidestory: I saw Iverson this past year in Charlotte before a Bobcats game. Walked right past me on the street. Was crazy to see how light in the frame he looked. Iverson videos are ones you want to show your kids one day about how "it doesn't matter how small you are if you play/work hard."

the answer iv's were cut pretty big, anyone kno if these'll be the same way?

and since these are supposedly releasing @ footlockers, its safe to say these are GR's? dont wanna grab em on RD if its not nessessary...

These fit big. Without DMX this should be a $100 shoe tops :smh:

seriously dk why you guys are actin like the general consumer gives a s*** about DMX tech.

these are retros made for casual wear.

the fact that the tech is different means absolutely nothing to the masses. most only want em to walk around in, which means they'll still move relatively quick...

seriously dk why you guys are actin like the general consumer gives a s*** about DMX tech.

It's the thing to do...while waiting to purchase regardless. From Nike Air on retros to the PSI in air units.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that offered to help. Repped each of you.

@SteveKnows

I personally care because I know how comfortable the real DMX was, and I buy basketball shoes not 100% because of looks, but also because of comfort level. I (shocker!) actually play ball in a lot of the kicks I buy, so I'd just prefer to know what I'm getting into. I'm not knocking this shoe at all, you're absolutely right, it's a classic. But there are a lot of other shoes out there, so to win $150 from me, I'd like to know if you're using the same technology that made the shoe one of the most comfortable hooping shoes I played in as a youth, OR if you are selling me some imitation of that with lower quality that may not last as long or hold up.

These things are sitting anyway on the preorders, and both PYS and the other links posted had the preorder at RETAIL. Obviously I can't be the only one who is looking at that price point and wondering if it's worth it. I'll probably go somewhere and try them on after real release, and be the judge of how they feel then, regardless of what tech. But if I was going to preorder online, without even holding the shoe, I'd like to know what I'm getting.

I'm know it was posted, but now on diff page, so if anyone needs the PYS link, here it is: http://www.pickyourshoes.com/item.asp?itemname=39600

FSR up.

Just my personal opinion. To each their own for sure. If you are scooping regardless, then I wouldn't knock that in the least.

Sidestory: I saw Iverson this past year in Charlotte before a Bobcats game. Walked right past me on the street. Was crazy to see how light in the frame he looked. Iverson videos are ones you want to show your kids one day about how "it doesn't matter how small you are if you play/work hard."
I said the same thing about alot of these baseball players that I saw at the world baseball classic, and I totally see your point.. $150 for a sneaker that probably won't match the previous release or won't hold up like then original is just ridiculous..

Alright playing wise i see what you mean, I don't ball no more so i could care less I'm just happy reebok is bringing these back, I was in the 7th grade when these came out i passed on them for the white black XIII you younger generation would know them by "He got games"

Alright playing wise i see what you mean, I don't ball no more so i could care less I'm just happy reebok is bringing these back, I was in the 7th grade when these came out i passed on them for the white black XIII you younger generation would know them by "He got games"
We around the same age. When these originally dropped in middle school, with the commercials! Everyone in gym class was trying to be Iverson haha

these are retros made for casual wear.

the fact that the tech is different means absolutely nothing to the masses. most only want em to walk around in, which means they'll still move relatively quick...

Maybe because they cost more than the originals did (which actually HAD tech in them)....?

We are part of the crowd who knows better. Its one thing to be someone in their late 20's/30's (who may or may not have had them back in the day) see them and say "I remember those" and cop them (and more than likely won't be able to distinguish the difference if a good sockliner is thrown in); it's another thing to actually know why you're handing a company $150 for less of a shoe than what they're trying to promote.

At least Jordan brand upped the prices while still retaining the tech of the shoe...

Last edited:
Maybe because they cost more than the originals did (which actually HAD tech in them)....?

We are part of the crowd who knows better. Its one thing to be someone in their late 20's/30's (who may or may not have had them back in the day) see them and say "I remember those" and cop them (and more than likely won't be able to distinguish the difference if a good sockliner is thrown in); it's another thing to actually know why you're handing a company $150 for less of a shoe than what they're trying to promote.

At least Jordan brand upped the prices while still retaining the tech of the shoe...
Yeah..... JB effs us on the materials tho ... I would rather do without the tech as though I don't ball any more...The quality on my reebok pickups have really been pissin on JB

Last edited:
lol jordan brand retros aint retaining a damn thing.

idk what retros you talkin bout but them things feel worse than they ever have during the OG run.

idc if its nike/adidas/reebok etc... retros are made for casual wear. as far as these companies are concerned, their is new tech available that out performs past models and they're right.

yeah, it'd be nice if the tech was present but enthusiast's like us are the MINORITY. the MAJORITY doesnt give a s***...

He's talking about air max and zoom air still being there

I'll take full grain leather over dmx any day of the week. It would be nice to have both, but I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

Last edited:
To be fair, I will say that DMX was pretty much useless when it came to playing basketball in, especially for use in today's kind of game. For the sake of nostalgia, I would still play in these retros if they had DMX, but its more about the price. I totally get companies are trying to release things as cheap as they can while we don't notice, but they still advertise these shoes with "DMX", and then when you ask them why they don't feel like the originals, they're like "oh, its still DMX, just in a 'different form'".

The Answer IV is my favorite shoe of all time. For me, it was the style, DMX, and everything Iverson brought to the game; it was the first shoe that got me into the shoe game period. When they release a shoe and state in their advertising that its true to the original, while knowing its not, that's beyond trying to sell something that's overpriced; that's calling me a dumb customer since "I won't notice the difference anyway"...

Last edited:
Why do you guys care so much about the DMX crap? This is a classic shoe, Who cares! Yes i would like the DMX there but if its not its not, Just appreciate the shoe and be glad RBK retro'd these again.
Allen-iverson-Answer-DMX-10-.jpg

answer-dmx-10-official-may-24th-launch-detailsphotos-1-e1367510477263.jpg

mean.gif

It's what made the shoe great. You must be new. :smh:

And theres a lot of consumers like myself that would like to take these to the hardwood.

Last edited:
Man I can't wait to break these in on the court. IDK if it has been posted but these are hitting FTL right? I dont want to do the preorder, i hope these stay unhyped i would definitely double at a good price!..

Hopefully the leather is butter, Reebok IMO has done a good job with their retros quality wise, I just hope they stop butchering them with all these new CWs that are sitting on shelves lol Good luck people!

It's Definatly not what made the shoe to everybody.... To some but not everybody ... I went to bethel high school with the dude and I must say everybody wore them in VA ... Most didn't even know what a dmx was.. Lol... We just rocked em because they were the new bubba chucks... By time these dropped I was already out of high school and way past balling... I'm sure it's alot of other people out there that's the same

Back
Top Bottom