Reebok Iverson Retro Collection: ?, Answer 1 & 4 Out, SAMPLES SAMPLES SAMPLES...

None of these will have DMX and have been labeled “lifestyle shoes” though, which makes no sense seeing as they are making new Reebok’s (and retros) with full functioning DMX.

Last edited:
None of these will have DMX have have been labeled “lifestyle shoes” though, which makes no sense seeing as they are making new Reebok’s (and retros) with full functioning DMX.
They all have DMX... Just not the DMX 10 pack. They all have Ipacks which increase the moving air feel. Feels much better than the past retros just still not OG. Loosing the 10 pack hurts more aesthetically than anything.

They all have DMX... Just not the DMX 10 pack. They all have Ipacks which increase the moving air feel. Feels much better than the past retros just still not OG. Loosing the 10 pack hurts more aesthetically than anything.

I hope you’re correct...

So is this the reason for Reebok painting the ”contact pods" solid tan on soles of the upcoming wht/red Answer 1?? Why bother? Just leave the entire soles as translucent red. Much better, imo.
No, this is because product marketing was trying to reduce cost. Those “Contact Pods” or TPU pieces didn’t do anything. Was pure aesthetic. I think it made since to keep them to make the OG better, espicslly that we lost the DMX 10 part, but it was decision that was made by the product marketing team. They decided to paint the midsole to just to make it appear close to the OG’s. The paint is Metallic gold.

I’m not sure what your saying by keeping it Solid Red? The outsole is red and the midsole is white? Not really sure what your referring to here.

What's the word on the 2s and 3s?
Nothing is planned. I’m pretty sure you will never see these unless something drastically changes. The market appetite isn’t there for any Iverson models to be honest. Which sucks for guys like us who want these things. If everything changes you may see them drop after 2021... and that’s being extremely skeptical!

Nothing is planned. I’m pretty sure you will never see these unless something drastically changes. The market appetite isn’t there for any Iverson models to be honest. Which sucks for guys like us who want these things. If everything changes you may see them drop after 2021... and that’s being extremely skeptical!

So then what was that whole legacy line BS and the pics of retro 1-7? They made samples of all of them and decided not to release them all?

So then what was that whole legacy line BS and the pics of retro 1-7? They made samples of all of them and decided not to release them all?
Well the media just took it out of context. But what it did was allow for Reebok to actually updates the footwear and make it better. It was the perfect opportunity for Reebok to do this, but they simply didn’t want to being that they aren’t making returns on investment in hoops.

Those weren’t new samples they were all original samples form years past borrowed form the archive.

The legacy line was suppose to be the introduction of some new retros and to do new footwear and apparel for Iverson. Unfortunately it didn’t manifest.

Well the media just took it out of context. But what it did was allow for Reebok to actually updates the footwear and make it better. It was the perfect opportunity for Reebok to do this, but they simply didn’t want to being that they aren’t making returns on investment in hoops.

Those weren’t new samples they were all original samples form years past borrowed form the archive.

So the 5s are the only ones coming out? No other models?

And will we get more colors of the 4s? The white and red came out overseas but not in the states.

So the 5s are the only ones coming out? No other models?

And will we get more colors of the 4s? The white and red came out overseas but not in the states.

The 4’s have been in rotation forever so maybe more in the future... Again nothing has been planned for these. The 5 is the only other shoe that’s planned as of now. They just don’t seem to get it or value what they have. It’s extremely sad!

More questions are coming too but it’s like beating a dead horse at this point. Makes no sense to introduce Questions but accounts have pressured the brand to get more of these!

The 4’s have been in rotation forever so maybe more in the future... Again nothing has been planned for these. The 5 is the only other shoe that’s planned as of now. They just don’t seem to get it or value what they have. It’s extremely sad!

More questions are coming too but it’s like beating a dead horse at this point. Makes no sense to introduce Questions but accounts have pressured the brand to get more of these!

Appreciate all the info. It’s a damn shame but I get it. His line and Reebok ain’t popular right now so his shoes not selling out. They’d need to pay a few top celebs to wear his line and they’re not gonna pay those prices.

Appreciate all the info. It’s a damn shame but I get it. His line and Reebok ain’t popular right now so his shoes not selling out. They’d need to pay a few top celebs to wear his line and they’re not gonna pay those prices.

Yeah man! Honestly they have the money! It’s just being invested into other things like rappers and CrossFit. I don’t understand why they won’t invest into AI and Shaq more and roll out things more appropriately. It’s extremely frustrating.

Yeah man! Honestly they have the money! It’s just being invested into other things like rappers and CrossFit. I don’t understand why they won’t invest into AI and Shaq more and roll out things more appropriately. It’s extremely frustrating.

Man I think with the 90s being so popular right now, Reebok is sitting on so many classic 90s style basketball shoes. It’s crazy they’re not pushing those and attaching them to celebs.

I need the Shaq Preacher joints bad.

Does that CrossFit and running stuff sell? I never see anyone wearing it and those shoes are hideous that they’re pushing

I’m 1000% sure!

So they will have the I-Pak that the Answer IV had (OG), or a modifier version? I tried on the Reebok 1200 and the DMX felt really nice in those, pretty much like I remember the OG Answer IV feeling (a little firmer but could definitely feel full air transfer like the originals).

Man I think with the 90s being so popular right now, Reebok is sitting on so many classic 90s style basketball shoes. It’s crazy they’re not pushing those and attaching them to celebs.

I need the Shaq Preacher joints bad.

Does that CrossFit and running stuff sell? I never see anyone wearing it and those shoes are hideous that they’re pushing

I totally agree man. The brand has missed its mark. It’s some cool 90’s runners coming but in terms of training and hoops nothing.

It’s actually not doing that well! Classics is responsible for keeping the brand afloat but leadership and the higher ups feel that it’s more important to invest in the new sports category. It does make sense from a strategy standpoint but the Delta branding and the lack of dope product is caused for the future of Reebok to be stagnant. The sad part is after the late 90’s Reebok really lost its way so it’s 20 plus years of nothing other than maybe Zig... and that wasn’t cool to sneaker guys. So the brand is kinda stuck. No real innvoation, No note worthy product, and consumers aren’t aware of the Delta product.

So the brand seems to be doomed. Best case scenario is to change branding back to vector across sports performance and invest more into the lefstyle instead of sport. But it’s a very tricky circumstance.

So they will have the I-Pak that the Answer IV had (OG), or a modifier version? I tried on the Reebok 1200 and the DMX felt really nice in those, pretty much like I remember the OG Answer IV feeling (a little firmer but could definitely feel full air transfer like the originals).

So the new shoes won’t have the same Ipack as back in the day but it’s comparable.
It uses a more firm DMX part form the late 90’s early 2000’s found in running shoes from that era. The 1200 and Daytona I pack is also a bit different. That’s the best DMX part the brand has available. It’s bigger and offers more responsiveness as it covers most of the forefoot and the heel. What you will be getting in basketball is similar but not as good. It’s the same part from Series 2000. Top loaded and feels good right away. So should be a drastic improvement from the past.

I totally agree man. The brand has missed its mark. It’s some cool 90’s runners coming but in terms of training and hoops nothing.

It’s actually not doing that well! Classics is responsible for keeping the brand afloat but leadership and the higher ups feel that it’s more important to invest in the new sports category. It does make sense from a strategy standpoint but the Delta branding and the lack of dope product is caused for the future of Reebok to be stagnant. The sad part is after the late 90’s Reebok really lost its way so it’s 20 plus years of nothing other than maybe Zig... and that wasn’t cool to sneaker guys. So the brand is kinda stuck. No real innvoation, No note worthy product, and consumers aren’t aware of the Delta product.

So the brand seems to be doomed. Best case scenario is to change branding back to vector across sports performance and invest more into the lefstyle instead of sport. But it’s a very tricky circumstance.

Are those hybrid Iversons coming out? They’re ugly but I like them for some reason. I’d buy them on clearance.

What makes them so ugly? Those are my babies lol. They come out in the next month or so.

They’re so big and bulky, got a lot going on. They look like they’re straight out of the 90s. I like them though, something about them. Maybe cause they look like a leftover sample shoe that could have been made around the 2s or 3s. I want the white/red pair and the black/gold pair

I’m not sure what your saying by keeping it Solid Red? The outsole is red and the midsole is white? Not really sure what your referring to here.

I mean leaving the soles all red. No painted "contact pod" circles. Like this.
images

I mean leaving the soles all red. No painted "contact pod" circles. Like this.
images
Ohhh... the OG red/ white colorway used gold crystal rubber pods. We tried to do the same but the factory has issues with the translucent rubber bleeding so we went to solid rubber. Also this was translucent to showcase the DMX 10 pack with it being gone didn’t make much sense to expose something that wasn’t actually there.

Back
Top Bottom