Reebok Iverson Retro Collection: ?, Answer 1 & 4 Out, SAMPLES SAMPLES SAMPLES...

Googled them, they look good. A few things off, shade of red, the soles are different. They look good though. Wonder when they're dropping.

reebok-answer-1-white-red-2018-retro-1.jpg
reebok-answer-1-white-red-retro.jpg
reebok-answer-1-white-red.jpg
reebok-answer-1-allen-iverson.jpg
reebok-answer-1-white-red-2018-retro.jpg
reebok-answer-1-white-red-2018.jpg
reebok-answer-1-allen-iverson-2018-on-foot.jpg
reebok-answer-1-allen-iverson-2018.jpg
reebok-answer-1-white-red-on-foot-1.jpg
reebok-answer-1-white-red-on-foot.jpg
I like em. Shouldve been brought back this colorway. One little difference i see off rip are the DMX pods not being translucent.

Agreed 100%, kinda kills the vibe honestly. As long as they have DMX then whatever ‍♂️

It really does and I think they should just be all red if they can't do it. They've done that to the black/wht-gold colorway.

I happen to own one pair of the white/red Answer 1 retro Reebok was supposed to release way back in 2006 right before A.I. left for Denver. Those have the clear pods so I don't know why they aren't able to now.
As for some differences I've noticed from the O.G. pair....the heel area of the shoe will not have that "carbon fiber" weave type film. Instead, Reebok will use painted "raised bumps" to mimic the look of carbon fiber. Good way to save money.

Any of you guys happen to know which came out first? The AJ XIII or the Answer I?

The first 12's to drop tbh were the Taxi's in Nov '96. And the Answer's dropped in Nov or Dec 97

Hmm so the AJ XIII and the Answer I came out at roughly the same time then.

same year i think

Thanks bro, reason I ask is because the outsole of the Answer I and the AJ XIII 'Paw' outsole look quite similar with the pods. It's just me but both shoes aren't exactly the best looking when worn casually.

Hahahaha Hahahaha the decline of the Iverson line coincided with the decline of Reebok as a whole. They were purchased by Adidas in '05 and they didn't really spend any money on Reebok basketball at that point.

This is a good article, wish they talked about the 6 and the 7. I liked the 6 but it seemed like that's when the fall started. 7 was trash.

Cool reading about Nas/Jadakiss for the promo.

AI turning down music videos and He Got Game.

AI should have been even bigger which is crazy to say because he was a megastar.
I see No lies.

Hmm so the AJ XIII and the Answer I came out at roughly the same time then.

Thanks bro, reason I ask is because the outsole of the Answer I and the AJ XIII 'Paw' outsole look quite similar with the pods. It's just me but both shoes aren't exactly the best looking when worn casually.
Yeah they did. And oh you wylin i got my Breds on right now.

Out of all the Answers (1 through 13) the only sneaker I disliked was the Answer 7. Why? because it was such a lazy design. Materials and build quality was great though.

This shoe took styling ques from three air Jordan models. The 13's "golf ball" stitching on the uppers. The 14's midsole and support plate. The 17's toe box and front lower sole. Just bit it and put it together.

802598_01.jpg

air-jordan-13-retro-2010-release-white-black-varsity-red-011301_1.jpg

air-jordan-14-black-toe-release-date-2014.png

Air-Jordan-17-681x454.jpg

Last edited:
Out of all the Answers (1 through 13) the only sneaker I disliked was the Answer 7. Why? because it was such a lazy design. Materials and build quality was great though.

This shoe took styling ques from three air Jordan models. The 13's "golf ball" stitching on the uppers. The 14's midsole and support plate. The 17's toe box and front lower sole. Just bit it and put it together.

802598_01.jpg

air-jordan-13-retro-2010-release-white-black-varsity-red-011301_1.jpg

air-jordan-14-black-toe-release-date-2014.png

Air-Jordan-17-681x454.jpg

Ironically, I really wanted to try the VII after the VI was such a disappointment without DMX. Prof K gave them a decent rating and said the DMX was decent in them, I'm actually still on the hunt for a pair to this day for a good price.

Well im defidently not getting a Q96 vibe from them which is okay for now..

Back
Top Bottom