@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

Just a list of pics of Shaq shoes over his first few years in the league out of an old SLAM:

They definitely missed a few, but pretty cool though. 

Which ones are missing up to that point? I thought that I remembered one or two others, but I couldn't find the pictures. Was the Steel before or after the Reflection?

Great picture, the steel was from summer 97 I believe (mentioned in text of pic), same time as when the movie came out. Can you imagine reebok releasing these a year after Steel flopped. Does anyone know if he ever wore them in game? I can't find a picture. I thought the steel was the only one missing of the Reebok series, which others are there?

Great picture, the steel was from summer 97 I believe (mentioned in text of pic), same time as when the movie came out. Can you imagine reebok releasing these a year after Steel flopped. Does anyone know if he ever wore them in game? I can't find a picture. I thought the steel was the only one missing of the Reebok series, which others are there?

Other than the Steel, I have a memory (possibly not real!) of something called the Hegemony... but I can't find pictures (a lot like the Gargoyle that I posted a poor picture of earlier in the Reebok Pickup/News thread).

Can anyone clarify my possibly incorrect memory of the Hegemony? Is this completely wrong or am I mangling some truth?

Which ones are missing up to that point? I thought that I remembered one or two others, but I couldn't find the pictures. Was the Steel before or after the Reflection?
The two Shaq Trainers are missing and the Steel. 

shaq steel was before the reflection. i have the black/white shaq trainers, but unfortunately, the midsole started cracking.|I oh and on the time line, the trainers were before the shaqnosis.

Last edited:
Reebok did a lot for Shaq back then. Wish they would have stayed together, especially for his Championship years. I'm sure he would have been the best selling big man for shoes by a EVEN bigger margin.

I knew the trainers weren't there, but I think they were just going with game shoes. No sign of the Shaq sandal either...
The trainers were used in a lot of games along side of Shaq Attaq lV, and as always the Trainers had Pump system in the heel area. 

Last edited:
Reebok did a lot for Shaq back then. Wish they would have stayed together, especially for his Championship years. I'm sure he would have been the best selling big man for shoes by a EVEN bigger margin.

true story...if i remember correctly, he was wearing his dunk.net shoes. a company that he was endorsed w/ piazza and milton. like you said, it would've been real nice if he was still under reebok. i hope reebok retros the preachers and dunkmobs.

I personally want to see all of his shoes make  a comeback, but I know its not going to happen. 

I don't know how the Preachers would be received in today's fashion climate. I know this was talked about on here but I think those shoes were the king of all bulky 90's shoes. I would take the sandals right about now for the upcoming summer. I do think they will release some more sigs for Shaq if... he stays on board

Almost all 90's shoes were bulky, I dont see an issue with that, seems like the cats have no issues rocking the J's too from that period. 

C'mon @trentbg LOL. There's a BIG difference between these Preachers and J's. Most of Shaq'a shoes were bulky and awkward looking then. Jordans have always been more sleeker and compact.

Last edited:
Its a matter of taste and prospective, I liked Shaq's much better than any Jordan model. Maybe you are too young to remember, but people were actually stuffing their shoes back in the day, they would fold a sock and put it between the midfoot and the tongue to make the kicks even more bulkier and puffy, so that was thing back than. 

Last edited:
I'm turning 32 this year. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, but I lived in Missouri and Georgia (ATL) for a short while growing up. I remember some things. Jordans have always been the sexier shoe that had mystique. That sock stuffing and lace thing wasn't done by everybody. Even then, certain shoes were left alone in that trend.

For some maybe, but for me and all of my friends growing up, Reebok was the it, everything else was after that. 

but people were actually stuffing their shoes back in the day, they would fold a sock and put it between the midfoot and the tongue to make the kicks even more bulkier and puffy, so that was thing back than. 
wow i didnt know that they even did that in the US, here in the netherlands we got that same trend

it started around 94 and it lasted till 99, my older cousin wore his AM BW with a folded sock

first time when i saw that, i was like wtf ????!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Damn it, who grabbed the Packers FOTP Attaq from ebay for that under $100 price :))) I was about to grab it.

Back
Top Bottom