Reebok Shaqnosis Returning July 12th 2013

first and only time with these today, will not be worn again...just gonna wait for July now
They look off to me, the rings on the upper arent matching up with the outsole...

Def gotta pick these up instore and try em on/find a pair that lines up correctly

Last edited:
My picture is of OG's...not the retro...
eyes.gif
Touché, but some of the kamikazes have been off as well. Still 
nthat.gif
 regardless.

They
They look off to me, the rings on the upper arent matching up with the outsole...

Def gotta pick these up instore and try em on/find a pair that lines up correctly

They're supposed to be off from the midsole. It adds to the illusion of the pattern from a far.

not really. these werent that popular back then but as usual they are now

Gonna have to second NK on these as there was only a single OG colourway. These were ridiculously loud when they came out but they pale in comparison to the wild stuff that's being dropped these days. I remember trying these on along with some other Reeboks but ultimately going with the latter as these were too bold to be rocked off the court.

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but has anyone explained why they didn't continue the full pattern onto the midsole for any of the new colorways?

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but has anyone explained why they didn't continue the full pattern onto the midsole for any of the new colorways?

probably lazy or just cheap. i know what you are saying. the new colorways would look much better if the midsole actually matched the upper.

knowing reebok they probably were planning a shaqnosis 2 but scrapped the idea afterwards and got stuck with one colored midsoles lol

Cost most likely. Easier to slap on a solid colour midsole to an upper, than to have it painted then slapped on. I'm just glad the OG colourway was done correctly - the retro + colours ain't for me.

probably lazy or just cheap. i know what you are saying. the new colorways would look much better if the midsole actually matched the upper.

knowing reebok they probably were planning a shaqnosis 2 but scrapped the idea afterwards and got stuck with one colored midsoles lol

Cost most likely. Easier to slap on a solid colour midsole to an upper, than to have it painted then slapped on. I'm just glad the OG colourway was done correctly - the retro + colours ain't for me.

This is what I figured, but it still seems idiotic to do. The pattern going throughout the shoe is what gives it the whole hypnosis feel, without that it just looks... bad. I'll cop the OG colorway because it's always been one of my favorites, but the rest are just poorly executed.

This is what I figured, but it still seems idiotic to do. The pattern going throughout the shoe is what gives it the whole hypnosis feel, without that it just looks... bad. I'll cop the OG colorway because it's always been one of my favorites, but the rest are just poorly executed.

Agreed bro. Seems like they're paying homage to Orlando, Miami and Payless with those joints.

Reebok only produced the one original black/white colorway for a reason. The only other color scheme that makes sense is white/black. Just cause Shaq played for Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix and Boston doesn't mean you need to make Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix and Boston-themed shoes.

Need these badly. Still looking for the Kamikaze white/black/green

I still expect Reebok to OD on this shoe like the Kamikaze

^^^
Your 'finished' version looks dope but I suspect Reebok is running with the white midsoles as they are less costly to paint. Kinda sucks as the 'Hypnosis' effect is missing.

^^^
Your 'finished' version looks dope but I suspect Reebok is running with the white midsoles as they are less costly to paint. Kinda sucks as the 'Hypnosis' effect is missing.
I'm getting mine finished anyway, I hate to have to pay to do it but if Reebok's not gonna do  'em right it's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom