Reggie Bush...bust or will he shine one day???

SMH at some of you queers saying all-purpose yards don't mean anything.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the New Orleans Saints do not establish a run game... when your team does not establish a run game, you will not consistently gain yards on the ground. in some games Bush barely, or doesn't even get 10 carries. those are the games where he has extremely low YPC and bring down his average, thus proving my point.

The saints cant establish a run game because reggie isn't a running back.. he's an athlete.. I Guarantee you if Duece was back there they would berunning that ball a hell of a lot more..

Reggie Bush is a bust IMO.. to be considered the best player in THAT draft, and best college football player ever to some of yall.
grin.gif

People bring up how many balls he catches, but there all around 4-5 yards out of the backfield..

Reggie gets PLENTY of touches per game.. and RARELY makes big plays.. It wouldn't be surprising if he has a breakout year in a upcoming season because hehas the ability to do so.. I just dont think its likely

He's marketable though..

so far with all the fanfare he came in with he is a bust. of course his expectations were and still are high. but dude is still young so he still has achance. i don't think he'll ever live up to the hype though.

I always said he would be great in the NFL.

But now, i am really not sure.

If Reggie loses a bit of quickness because of this knee injury, he is DONE. For some reason though, I see him coming back at full strength

Reggie is just going to be realized as a pretty good utility player. And as such he will have games where he shines and games where he blows.

he is not bad because he still can catch the ball out oft he backfield but he never learned how to run the ball inc ollege. He got by on his superior athelticism and in the nfl that doesnt cut it. He needs how to learn to run the ball between the tackles and wait for holes to open up.
Honestly if you watch him. He doesnt run like he ran in college. IMO he attacked the line and defenders and ran with a lot more confidence incollege then he did in the NFL. I never remember him doing the choppy feet or trying to slash until he got to the pros. His best ability is his ability to makecuts at full speed not half speed.
grin.gif

he set records last year in all-purpose yardage
[size=-1]he set NFL records last year for an all-purpose back[/size]
What record did he set exactly? The only notable feat I've known about is that he was the only player last year with a rushing, receiving, andreturn touchdown. I have no problem being wrong, I would just like to know the details because I don't see it mentioned anywhere.

I think the main problem here is that Bush's supporters don't seem to realize that no one in here has said "Reggie Bush is garbage" or"He has no place in the NFL". The consensus is that "Reggie Bush has not lived up to the hype". Not as an all-around NFL player, anddefinitely not as a running back. The main problem is he was advertised as the next great running back to step onto an NFL field. Barry Sanders reborn... Thenew Gale Sayers... and a whole bunch of other nonsense that should have never been placed over Reggie's head in the first place. Unfortunately for him,this hype is now a factor of how people will judge his career and there's really nothing that can be done about it, other than to live up to it. The Texansmight have done him a favor by not picking #1 overall, so at least that isn't hanging over his head even though #2 doesn't relieve that much pressure.So Bush is and will be a good player who could easily end up as a better receiver than runner. Hopefully he has a breakout year. I'm sure we'd all liketo see it. But right now we are getting a good show from a jack-of-all trades, when what was advertised was the show of a lifetime from a master of the runninggame. MAYBE the system is at fault. My take on that is if Bush was that much of a difference maker as an every-down back then the system would make anexception to utilize his skill a little bit. I haven't seen that.

88 catches set an NFL record for catches by a rookie running back (breaking mark of 83, FB Earl Cooper, San Francisco, 1980)…Led the NFL with 33 receptions onthird down, for 297 yards and a TD…742 receiving yards rank third in league history for a rookie running back, trailing Miami RB Terry Kirby (874, 1993) andWashington RB Charley Taylor (814, 1964

rookie year
1300 combined rushing/receiving yds
9 tds

this year
1000 combined rushing/receiving yds
6 tds

4 games left

not too shabby
i don't know what kind of standards all you posters go by, but that is definitely not bust material or even marginal material. there were some comparisonsto earnest graham, lendale, chester taylor, but all of those guys have worse stats....

Back
Top Bottom