Relationship/girl help thread. Vol. semi long distance (Edit: Update on page 5)

Wow at this thread. No one ever gets it until they go through it OP. Relationships die daily due to changeable and fixable things. When those things don't get fixed, its always "I guess it wasn't meant to be".

Wait did she go to college in order to obtain this career?

For future reference for everyone, when you first start talking to someone, THINK AHEAD. Ask questions. Clear things up. You two may be together for months and are feeling each other hard and then your partner starts talking about relocating one day. Problem is, you may want to stay close and raise your children in a family environment where everyone has easy access to each other.

I see you mentioned having some flaws yourself, i.e. procrastination. So I say while she's getting her stuff together, you do the same. Work on the time management skills and exams and still live life and meet people. Then towards the end of the year do a self analysis then see if she and the relationship are worth "you". If not, search for someone that is or just keep doing you until that person comes around. Also, with her being a flight attendant, couldn't she hook you up with some free/discounted flights? Maybe you could go visit her or just use that and see world

I see you mentioned having some flaws yourself, i.e. procrastination. So I say while she's getting her stuff together, you do the same. Work on the time management skills and exams and still live life and meet people. Then towards the end of the year do a self analysis then see if she and the relationship are worth "you". If not, search for someone that is or just keep doing you until that person comes around. Also, with her being a flight attendant, couldn't she hook you up with some free/discounted flights? Maybe you could go visit her or just use that and see world

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Just have sex with other women when she is gone problem solved

Yo the easy solution is keep shorty around, but just smash other chicks when she not there.  She cooking and all that when ya'll together, and when she working you can have a roster of ATL chicks....thats winning
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Just have sex with other women when she is gone problem solved

Yo the easy solution is keep shorty around, but just smash other chicks when she not there.  She cooking and all that when ya'll together, and when she working you can have a roster of ATL chicks....thats winning
pimp.gif

I haven't read any replies but this is the best situation a young man can be in. When she is around you can be all about her but she is gone you can go hang with the boys without worrying about making your lady mad.

I haven't read any replies but this is the best situation a young man can be in. When she is around you can be all about her but she is gone you can go hang with the boys without worrying about making your lady mad.

Her job > you. Give her that sort of silly ultimatum and shell be gone. If you can't handle the situation get out now. It's only been two months

Her job > you. Give her that sort of silly ultimatum and shell be gone. If you can't handle the situation get out now. It's only been two months

Just tell her to not volunteer all of her off days  because it could mess up the relationship and volunteer just some days instead

/thread
By the way your talking OP about wife and kids and all that in just 2 months tells me that P must be good 
laugh.gif

Just tell her to not volunteer all of her off days  because it could mess up the relationship and volunteer just some days instead

/thread
By the way your talking OP about wife and kids and all that in just 2 months tells me that P must be good 
laugh.gif

2 months..........wow. Relationships requires work and patience. If you can be patient and let things develop, then things can turn out great in the long run.

2 months..........wow. Relationships requires work and patience. If you can be patient and let things develop, then things can turn out great in the long run.

Yeah, I realize that its only been two months, but she's asking me for a year. So with that logic, would you say that I should just let it go, or do whatever it may take to try and make it work first? I guess it would be selfish for me to ask her to change her career, but I mean... I dunno... It's a new situation for me. To the guy that asked, no, this isn't what she went to school for. The airline she works for doesn't give benefits to anyone but her children or spouse(she doesn't have either), so that's not any sort of a benefit to me.

Bottom line is, I like her and I will wait and see what happens during her time away. I would want her to stick around if I were in her situation, so Ima do it for her. I feel like yall are failing to realize that she is asking me for an entire year of my time after only dating for two months. I havnt even come close to asking her to change, but yall are acting like I demanded her to do it. Chill. So does dating for two months mean I should omit my standards and what I want out of a relationship even if its five years down the road? If I know that I want children and I get involved with a girl that doesn't want children at all, WHY WOULD I WASTE MY TIME??? I don't get in a relationship and plan for it to be short term. I make it a point to not waste my or anyone else time by planning to have a short term relationship.

I'm not crazy or possessive or obsessive or any of those kinda adjectives. I'm really rational and reasonable. I'm just weighing my options and learning as I live. If Ima do it, Ima do it all the way. Good looks on the positive advice though. As for everyone that keeps bringing up the "TWO MONTHS?!" point, trust me... I KNOW. I have a good sense of time, and my phone tells me the time and date if I forget. Thanks for the reminder though.

Yeah, I realize that its only been two months, but she's asking me for a year. So with that logic, would you say that I should just let it go, or do whatever it may take to try and make it work first? I guess it would be selfish for me to ask her to change her career, but I mean... I dunno... It's a new situation for me. To the guy that asked, no, this isn't what she went to school for. The airline she works for doesn't give benefits to anyone but her children or spouse(she doesn't have either), so that's not any sort of a benefit to me.

Bottom line is, I like her and I will wait and see what happens during her time away. I would want her to stick around if I were in her situation, so Ima do it for her. I feel like yall are failing to realize that she is asking me for an entire year of my time after only dating for two months. I havnt even come close to asking her to change, but yall are acting like I demanded her to do it. Chill. So does dating for two months mean I should omit my standards and what I want out of a relationship even if its five years down the road? If I know that I want children and I get involved with a girl that doesn't want children at all, WHY WOULD I WASTE MY TIME??? I don't get in a relationship and plan for it to be short term. I make it a point to not waste my or anyone else time by planning to have a short term relationship.

I'm not crazy or possessive or obsessive or any of those kinda adjectives. I'm really rational and reasonable. I'm just weighing my options and learning as I live. If Ima do it, Ima do it all the way. Good looks on the positive advice though. As for everyone that keeps bringing up the "TWO MONTHS?!" point, trust me... I KNOW. I have a good sense of time, and my phone tells me the time and date if I forget. Thanks for the reminder though.

She's asking you to wait a year for her but that doesnt mean you have to accept it. You do have the choice to say no I want a girlfriend who's around more. And you can't compare someone asking you to wait a year so they'll have more money to pay their bills to change your career because I'll get lonely. Get a grip.

She's asking you to wait a year for her but that doesnt mean you have to accept it. You do have the choice to say no I want a girlfriend who's around more. And you can't compare someone asking you to wait a year so they'll have more money to pay their bills to change your career because I'll get lonely. Get a grip.

you keep saying a year as if you'll never see her until Dec. 27, 2011

i doubt she'll be working every day she's off...more than likely if she's not already scheduled she won't work on your bday or big stuff like that...there's a chance she won't be working every day she volunteers...

youre asking her to just give the whole thing up...that can't even be compared to a year IMO...

if its that big of a deal bounce now

you keep bringing up kids and +#@#...if yall are together for the rest of your lives what does a year matter?

she told you what her plan is so its up to you to decide if you want to stay...i think you're feeling yourself a little to much if even as a last resort you think you're important enough for her to give up a career she just started

you keep saying a year as if you'll never see her until Dec. 27, 2011

i doubt she'll be working every day she's off...more than likely if she's not already scheduled she won't work on your bday or big stuff like that...there's a chance she won't be working every day she volunteers...

youre asking her to just give the whole thing up...that can't even be compared to a year IMO...

if its that big of a deal bounce now

you keep bringing up kids and +#@#...if yall are together for the rest of your lives what does a year matter?

she told you what her plan is so its up to you to decide if you want to stay...i think you're feeling yourself a little to much if even as a last resort you think you're important enough for her to give up a career she just started

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Exactly! So stop acting like she has to accept an alteration or change in her career! It would be a decision she can make on her own. Doesn't matter if you can compare it or not. That's besides the point. You're trying to make her a victim for whatever reason and its not working. We both have choices we can make. Nobody's forcing anyone to do anything.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Exactly! So stop acting like she has to accept an alteration or change in her career! It would be a decision she can make on her own. Doesn't matter if you can compare it or not. That's besides the point. You're trying to make her a victim for whatever reason and its not working. We both have choices we can make. Nobody's forcing anyone to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom