Relocating To A New City

^thanks for the advice... ya was thinking particularly houston and atlanta to be specific... houston because my job is located there in texas so again i would have to visit there and atlanta also to know how it is there... but in your opinion how would it be different as far as a culture shock? im a minority specifically asian so would i struggle there?

I wanna move too but I feel like I should stick in ATL for a lil min ...Got some fam **** that makes it tricky but a few cities on my list or getting big money make home would have me moving

^thanks for the advice... ya was thinking particularly houston and atlanta to be specific... houston because my job is located there in texas so again i would have to visit there and atlanta also to know how it is there... but in your opinion how would it be different as far as a culture shock? im a minority specifically asian so would i struggle there?
Both places are major metros so you can find your community there, minorities run mostly everything ...ATL is more black focused and Hou is a mix of Mexican and Black..You won’t have a problem being Asian but you just gotta be cool with most places catered to the groups I mentioned...in both places Gun laws are real loose, they are against public transportation, more religious than up north, taxes lower but the public services aren’t good, and anything outside of the metro area is super trash big Trump type country...ATL is more like NYC where it’s alotta ppl from everywhere, you won’t run into locals if you don’t want to

Congrats for moving OP. I just moved to Phoenix from Michigan. I have visited in the past so I know what I'm in for.

It sucks being so far away from family but you have more appreciation for them. I went from seeing the fam 3-4 days a way to 3-4 times a year.

moved from NJ to Houston and havent looked back. I was gonna move to ATL too but job market isnt there and im happy I didnt make that transition even though I love it out there too. If your asian you'll love Houston since its so mixed and if you want something from your roots theres a whole asian community for it too in the H.

Congrats!
If your driving into Santa Monica it would take about 30 minutes to get 5-6 miles during rush hour. I’d recommend Westwood, Marina del Rey, Sawtelle Area.
Could find a studio for about $1500.
If you go into Culver City your most likely looking at a 45 minute commute.

Commute is the biggest thing for me moving to LA. I really would like to be no more than 5 miles from my job. It's a recipe for disaster having a long commute moving to a new place.

Last edited:
Any Austin NTers? I got fam out there, booming tech & health industries def alluring. I hear traffic is hell. Any other pros and cons? I’m sick of AZ’s hot *** weather b but I’m not about to go back to Long Island. :lol:

Now ain’t the time to move lol

Honestly? If you’re in a position to move the next few months might be the best time. Fewer people in the market to compete against. Could suppress the market. I don’t think home values will drop per se but if you’ve got an eye on something and are financially in a position to do it then I would.

Shouldn’t be too hard to find a job before you move either. Lot of employers are facilitating remote work/remote interviews. It actually kind of sets up prospective movers nicely if they do their due diligence.

Honestly? If you’re in a position to move the next few months might be the best time. Fewer people in the market to compete against. Could suppress the market. I don’t think home values will drop per se but if you’ve got an eye on something and are financially in a position to do it then I would.

Shouldn’t be too hard to find a job before you move either. Lot of employers are facilitating remote work/remote interviews. It actually kind of sets up prospective movers nicely if they do their due diligence.

Exactly what I was thinking. Job markets are slowing and if you are looking to secure a job somewhere else without having to leave your home now is the best time to do so. This obviously varies depending on what field youre in, but its definitely possible to get a job across the country remotely now.

What about A-/B cities? Or C cities quickly growing to try to become B cities?
Dallas, OKC, Charlotte, Raleigh, New Orleans, Cleveland, Kansas City, type cities?

I love Houston, but I couldn't deal with that traffic everyday. Dallas too for that matter.

Dallas, OKC, Charlotte, Raleigh, New Orleans, Cleveland, Kansas City, type cities?

I love Houston, but I couldn't deal with that traffic everyday. Dallas too for that matter.
Charlotte and Raleigh cool, their more like big suburbs don’t have much of a city feel...Downtown Charlotte is nice tho and Raleigh is affordable plus in an area with alotta job and educational opportunities

New Orleans is super hit or miss, really depends on where you plan on staying there

I live in Charlotte it's an easy place to live. Weather is great, and the cost of living is fantastic. Tempted to purchase a condo here even though I plan on moving. The city is meh overall though honestly, It's almost too gen z if you know what I mean, its like they are tryin to manufacture things that happen naturally in larger cities.

For me though, I have decided I need more of an arts, food and bar scene, and just a faster pace.

Los Angeles, Chicago or NY for me within the next 12-16 months.

Chicago and NY better for me professionally, but I Love LA, and my lady loves it too.

Last edited:
Was thinking of moving out of FL and into Fresno County. Anybody can give me an idea on how Fresno is, such as weather, location, diversity etc?

Difference is at least in NYC you can just live in NJ for cheaper and commute. I wouldnt want ANY type of business living in LA
you keep trashing LA, i am convinced somehow you got your heart broken or almost jumped by some thugs. either that you are just bias beyond words.

commuting around LA is difficult but there are ways to combat it. but hey, if you think commuting into NYC from NJ is much easier, i cannot really help there.

you keep trashing LA, i am convinced somehow you got your heart broken or almost jumped by some thugs. either that you are just bias beyond words.

commuting around LA is difficult but there are ways to combat it. but hey, if you think commuting into NYC from NJ is much easier, i cannot really help there.

Relax. your too uptight. Pull ya skirt down :lol: . You take yourself too serious about LA and in general.

it is easier so ain’t much to say about it.

Back
Top Bottom