Remember the hype of the Dead Serious Hoody? Whatever happened to LRG?

I vaguely remember buying and reselling a few of these.  Glad I never actually kept one.

wearing LRG Run For The Border jeans rite now
pimp.gif

I still wear mine under my jacket from time to time and when I take my siblings out trick or treating.

I copped the 2nd Edition to the Hoody. The Jason X Hoody, That $+@@ is still tuff to me till this day. I don't wear it though lol

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

LRG is still big with the true skaters though. 

roll.gif
 Alright Jack
Your definition of true skater: Lil' Wayne. Step off.
LRG has a skate-team...Jack.
Yeah a subpar skate team. Jesus every time you open your mouth the next thing that comes out is exponentially more asinine then the previous statement.    

Nothing subpar with their skate team at all. They put out one of the nicest skate videos in past years. Everyone ripped and the soundtrack was sick.

Regardless of most of L-R-G's clothes, they will always have the best track jackets in the game.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

People don't wear that type of hoody period anymore...

I always see a rash of em every halloween...F.t.r. I still got mine in da closet.

i just copped somelrg tees the other day and a sweater. they make decent clothes.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

laugh.gif
its crazy how I see this thread and someone showed up to work rocking a dead serious hoodie today.
I seriously hope it's a corporate job lol.

Got a couple of LRG Jeans, one Tshirt, and a pair of cargo shorts.

I still check them out when summer comes around looking for some nice cargo shorts to white-t it up with.

That whole thing with LRG plastered all over the shirts in different colors and fonts....they can keep them.

U know what really killed da hoodie phenomenon over at LRG?

that ridiculous eolf hoodie they tried to hype
laugh.gif

LRG is still making big time money for the original founders/owners.....

Almost all streetwear/urban brands are eventually sold to big branding companies, or they start off as a joint venture from the beginning in order to gain sufficient capital to expand rapidly...

LRG never did that, still all privately owned, no clothes line is going to stay hot forever though, especially in their genre.....

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

LRG is still making big time money for the original founders/owners.....

Almost all streetwear/urban brands are eventually sold to big branding companies, or they start off as a joint venture from the beginning in order to gain sufficient capital to expand rapidly...

LRG never did that, still all privately owned, no clothes line is going to stay hot forever though, especially in their genre.....
Well, maybe not no clothing lines (The Ralph Lauren brand has done pretty well, among many others), but you're right, in this particular demographic/genre tastes change extremely quickly and many of the styles aren't exactly age friendly (meaning you can't rock 3XL all over print at age 40), it's really tough to survive without careful brand management.  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

U know what really killed da hoodie phenomenon over at LRG?

that ridiculous eolf hoodie they tried to hype 
laugh.gif
Pic?  Wolf hoodie?

Wasn't a fan of the hoody, but I like LRG and still wear it. I live in FL nobody cares whats in style anyway.

I would have never worn that hoody, but I love LRG's clothing. I still wear the brand.

The hype for the Dead Serious Hoody was crazy...selling out as soon as stores got a shipment in.

Originally Posted by illuminated

they went mainstream
frown.gif

Honestly I don't know one company that hasn't gone mainstream or even changed for better or worse. Brands that were once hot are literally no longer no more because they all had to make moves to better keep them afloat. Take HUF for example. Was one of the staple brands for the Bay Area and you would see tons of people rocking their clothes like no other. But since the departure of Benny Gold and their company going for a different style and moving to LA, it literally has made that brand nonexistent in Nor Cal.

But L-R-G actually doesn't look that bad when you compare to companies like The Hundreds, Supreme, Undefeated, Stussy that are still surviving amongst the rest. At least their sizing is a lot better then it used too since they stopped the whole hip-hop thing where a large was super bigger then it should have been. Plust they back Freddie Gibbs and I am down for that.

say what you will about the hoodies and logo tees.... LRG has had the track jacket game on lock for YEARS...

Back
Top Bottom